Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Japanese DDs and the Fubuki

8 comments in this topic

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

I kinda feel ripped off by the IJN DD line split. I worked hard to get the Minekaze and a couple of weeks later they nerfed it.

:(

At that point the only IJN DDs I had were the useless Minekaze and the Mutsuki WG had given me for free as a result if the split.

At that point I stopped playing IJN DDs. 

Last night I finally started playing the Mutsuki and had terrible games. After about 10 of them I used about 9K Free XP to unlock the Fubuki (38K XP to research).

The Fubuki is looking like the Mutsuki but with slightly better guns.

Please tell me that it's a far better ship.

Otherwise I may just drop this line like I did with the German DDs.

I have too many ships now as it is and it's difficult to justify playing lines I have little interest in.

Is there is a IJN DD to look forward to before T9?

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

Shiratsuyu, Akatsuki and hell, Akizuki are all very competent ships. IMO Akizuki is a bit game-breaking, the skill ceiling for the ship is just too high...

Shiratsuyu especially, the amount of torp she can dump in the water in a short period of time is ridiculous. Platooning multiple together is very very hilarious.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,231 battles

I have found that all the hype about this topic is not as bad is it sounds... I still play my Fub, MIN, MUT HAT and still have fun in them, and barely notice what all the hype says... they still perform as they used to... not GREAT but they still seem to work ok for me.. not AS great but close... maybe change up a bit on how you play them... need to be slightly more aggressive and push the envelope on not trying to be as stealthy....

IDK, but I dont find them bad... at all

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
375 posts
9,884 battles

My recommendation is to buy a Kamikaze (the old Minekaze) while it is available, if you want a classic IJN torp boat.

I would also recommend holding off grinding the IJN DDs until after 060 comes out with the captain skill changes. These changes have the potential to change the game for stealth oriented builds.  From what I read (and how I interpret it) in the interview with Sub_Octavian the new skills will not kill IJN-stealth game play just make it more challenging. Based on this, it would seem that stealth DDs would be in for some changes and not necessarily the best time to start grinding them.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

Man when I stop playing in may, the flulike had 15 km tarps and was a tier 8. I come back in Dec, and she been to hell and back. She was reduced to a mear tier 6... The Hell war gaming why u nerf my fav ship for sucking the soul of a bb with... Well a least the shim still has her 20kms or as I call them from alpha long lances.. Funny story war gaming ruined Japanese cruisers who were arm with 20km torps.

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

My recommendation is to buy a Kamikaze (the old Minekaze) while it is available, if you want a classic IJN torp boat.

I would also recommend holding off grinding the IJN DDs until after 060 comes out with the captain skill changes. These changes have the potential to change the game for stealth oriented builds.  From what I read (and how I interpret it) in the interview with Sub_Octavian the new skills will not kill IJN-stealth game play just make it more challenging. Based on this, it would seem that stealth DDs would be in for some changes and not necessarily the best time to start grinding them.

Thank you. Will ignore them for now.
  • Cool 1

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,666 posts
30,344 battles

Dont have Akizuki nor Shimakaze.

Have grinded all the way to old Kagero (tier 9) and regrinded Hastsuharu to get Shiratsuyu.

Current IJN DDs are a pale shadow of their former incarnation.

Want to stealth? Buy Kamikaze or Fujin their torp range and concealment are reasonable.

On all others torps are soooo slow that in order to hit something you have to get within concealment range + 1 Km.

You are playing on the edge... And with the new detection tools and the slow speed of IJN DDs, detection equals destruction.

Shiratsuyu is a nice example, Technically you can launch 16 torps in 5~10 seconds. With their speed and detection range, I´ve launched overlapped torps (1 before, 2 in the grayed area, 1 ahead) at 8 Kms to a Bismark and to may dismay, he comfortably dodged them.

If you happend to be detected, all other nations DDs will kill you in 4/5 broadsides. Tried to escape from a limited abilities captain in a Kiev.... It was agony, he finally killed me after 15 hits, i was naver able to disengage.

So basically you play by RNG, just dont care in aiming, Launch your torps in the general direction of the batttle and hope for a WASD crippled player that runs into them.

Sign in to follow this