Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IpityU

Concealment bug, hack or simply OP

56 comments in this topic

[DERE]
Members
34 posts
4,033 battles

I have noticed that often - VERY often - when I play as a DD I am spotted with nobody visible around me.  I will run a search pattern and magically find an enemy DD, but not until around a range of 5.5 km.  FIVE KILOMETERS!!! 

WHAT. THE. FLYING. [edited]. 

Sometimes it is Japanese, sometimes it is US.  I switch between them also, but when it happens it is ALWAYS the [edited]same [edited].And no, it is not a CA using sonar or some other ignorant crap.  

I have gotten to the point now that as soon as I notice this happen I simply turn around and go back to port.  There is nothing remotely fair or fun about playing with an opponent with this large of an advantage - and I won't.  Period.  I don't care if it is a hack or a feature.  It ruins the balance and the fun.  I don't have to stay for that. 

This needs to be fixed. It is quickly ruining the game.

Edited by IpityU

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,085 battles

Welcome to stealthy IJN DDs, with 16+ Point captains. you do realize with a fujin/Kamikaze and R(3 minekaze clones that were not nerfed), you can get that 5.5km spotting range.

Welcome to game mechanics.

• Cool 1

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Because you have less concealment than the DD, they can spot you, and you can't spot them. When running a concealment build DDs can get pretty stealthy, and they need that stealth to survive.

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

Welcome to stealthy IJN DDs, with 16+ Point captains. you do realize with a fujin/Kamikaze and R(3 minekaze clones that were not nerfed), you can get that 5.5km spotting range.

Welcome to game mechanics.

This.  Some ships are even sneakier.  Tachibana gets down to 4.8km with CE.
  • Cool 1

Members
248 posts
13,354 battles

I think that Tachibana is the stealthiest anything can get, also the Kagero can get to 5.4, Yugumo to 5.5, Benson I think to 5.8, Fletcher same. Concealment Expert gets em down pretty far.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Memorize the maximum concealment stats.

It is as simple as that

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,837 battles

It is as simple as that

Instead he will just quit. Too much thinking. 
  • Cool 2

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

It is as simple as that

Yup. And always do a size up of the enemy team while waiting for the match to start. Look at what DDs the enemy team has and figure out what your best targets will be and what ships possibly would have an advantage over you.

[DERE]
Members
34 posts
4,033 battles

Do you run a captain with concealment expert?  If not, there is your answer.

What a [edited]reply.  Sure - get a level 15 commander.  No effing problem.  Let me pull him outta my [edited]along with your head.

Sorry, but I don't want to get [edited]-slammed by other DD who DO have a level 15 commander for six months until I finally do.   By then my sphincter should be nice and loose from all the [edited]-raping I get working towards your 'simple' solution.

SMH.

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

What a [edited]reply.  Sure - get a level 15 commander.  No effing problem.  Let me pull him outta my [edited]along with your head.

Sorry, but I don't want to get [edited]-slammed by other DD who DO have a level 15 commander for six months until I finally do.   By then my sphincter should be nice and loose from all the [edited]-raping I get working towards your 'simple' solution.

SMH.

How the hell would it take 6 months to get one? And then if you really don't want to get one, you really don't have any other choice besides just deal with other players having a 15 point captain or just don't play. That simple. No way around it. If a player has a lower concealment than you, they're always going to spot you first. You say it's not fun for a ship to have an advantage over another ship? So you think every ship should be the exact same statwise? That's a horrible idea. The game would be no fun if every ship was just a cookie cutter with the same stats, with only the way the ship looks being the difference.

Edited by renegadestatuz

[WULUF]
Members
617 posts
11,796 battles

Just the way it is. Easy fix for it too. Expect it, play for it, and there is no surprise.

Also, you seem to be purdy upset, count to 4, breath, count to 4, all better.

Edited by injunmick

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Use the dragon flag, XP boost flag, military contribution pennant and Restless fire

+333%, +50%, +5%, +250%

It's like 15k - 25k captain XP per winning game with all of those.

Members
1,080 posts
5,785 battles

just wait for 6.0, when its live you only need 10 points to get CE so almost everyone running dds at T5+ will have concealment expert

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,598 battles

SMH.

So much salt...

Anyway, with the new patch (6.0), Commander Skills get a rework and only a 10-pt commander is required to get CE. 

[DERE]
Members
34 posts
4,033 battles

How the hell would it take 6 months to get one? And then if you really don't want to get one, you really don't have any other choice besides just deal with other players having a 15 point captain or just don't play. That simple. No way around it. If a player has a lower concealment than you, they're always going to spot you first. You say it's not fun for a ship to have an advantage over another ship? So you think every ship should be the exact same statwise? That's a horrible idea. The game would be no fun if every ship was just a cookie cutter with the same stats, with only the way the ship looks being the difference.

Which is it you lack, a calculator, a calendar or a brain?   

Don't belittle the fact that it takes somewhere around 600k XP to get a L15 commander.   .  Ohhh, but wait!! You also have to retrain for new ships!  So add another 25% or so on for that!  

So now you have to earn 800k XP t get that 'easy' L15 commander.  Maybe if you lack a personal live you can do one battle every. single. day. and get it done in *only* 80 days.

Gee, only 80 days of getting [edited][edited].   yay.

[DERE]
Members
34 posts
4,033 battles

Instead he will just quit. Too much thinking. 

Thinking is the talent that helps me realize how OP the concealment bug is.  Thinking is a wonderful talent - one you should develop and exercise before you post in this thread again.

I compare 'concealment expert' to every other skill and - what do you know - none of the others are remotely close to it.  I wonder how many people take 'Jack of all trades' or 'preventive maintenance'?

Oh, none?  Why is that?  Because they aren't game-breaking skills - thats why.   You'd have to be a fool to use any other skill.  OF couse you'd pick concealment expert - now you can go asslamm all the other unfortunate chumps out there who don't have it and are dumb enough to keep playing you.

As for me?  I will keep playing, but when I come across someone with concealment expert I will simply leave the match.  I suggest others do the same.  I am not going to waste my time on stacked match.  It's easy enough to leave for a more fair match.   Sorry if that is boring to all the people who were looking forward to assraping me.

Edited by IpityU

Members
4,515 posts
3,255 battles

SMH.

No need to get worked up, just the way it is. If you want a 15 point commander, not that hard to do if you work out a plan and focus on it. 

Also check out 6.0. CE will be a 4 point skill then, and 10 point commanders are easy to get, not to mention RPF will also a 4 point skill.

Not that it matters, You are spotted, there is a finite number of places he is spotting you from. Easy enough to work out

[DDM_]
Banned
1,680 posts
10,129 battles

Which is it you lack, a calculator, a calendar or a brain?   

Don't belittle the fact that it takes somewhere around 600k XP to get a L15 commander.   .  Ohhh, but wait!! You also have to retrain for new ships!  So add another 25% or so on for that!  

So now you have to earn 800k XP t get that 'easy' L15 commander.  Maybe if you lack a personal live you can do one battle every. single. day. and get it done in *only* 80 days.

Gee, only 80 days of getting [edited][edited].   yay.

Maybe this isn't the game for you then. Might I suggest Candy Crush or Mine Craft? I have never played them but they seem to be geared towards people with short attention spans and that lack patience.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
14,008 posts
5,814 battles

Yes I'm sure that insulting people who reply, and admitting to screwing over 11 other players on your own team if a certain mechanic shows up - which will do with regularity, will win support and get people on your side.

:popcorn:

Sign in to follow this