You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
GoldPile

Can we do something about these bots?

16 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

s7ufIAn.jpg

Literally my blacklist is full of them, that's not even counting the ones I simply clicked X & moved on. Before that offer was something crap like powerleveling up to T5 German CAs at around $35 USD (hahahahahaha). I get this on a frequent occurrence WG, sending it to support wont make the problem go away I'll just get ANOTHER ONE from ANOTHER account. So if you haven't gotten it yet, congratulations here's what it looks like, I get these all the time (I must be special). My blacklist will keep filling & soon I'll have a collection of spambots. This one takes the cake for sending 2 messages in the same chatbox.

Edited by GoldPile

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I've never seen this kind of Spammer account.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts

Blocked tons of them when they were spamming port chat, but haven't seen any for a long time.

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
841 posts

yep, haven't seen these since I quit playing WOT.

[DIEBL]
Alpha Tester
730 posts
4,941 battles

I used to get this [edited]a lot in Tanks. The scammers just select a random player to spam with their crap.

[WHS]
Beta Testers
1,073 posts
14,320 battles

Blocking them is pointless. They'll never use that name again. At least that's coming from other games. I've never seen one in this game. 

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,298 posts
6,911 battles

I've never seen this either.  However, I just recommend reporting these accounts to WG as bots.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

To answer a few of the questions out there:

1. Reporting to support -

Do you know how long my blacklist is? I'd have to open a support ticket for each & single one. Why must I exert more effort than the bots did to spam me? Why must I waste time out of my day to bother reporting bots? It's not my job I'm here to play ships. It also won't make the problem go away as I will get spammed again with a different account, rendering reporting being an absolute waste of time.

2. My account is somehow out there -

It's as out there as anyone on the forums, maybe a bit more out there if they decide to go lookup top scoring players in ships. I know once someone contacted me just because I had really good stats in a ship. But anyways that's besides the point, they keep coming & I'm as publicly available as anyone on this forum with their name attached.

Edited by GoldPile
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
1,275 posts
5,789 battles

s7ufIAn.jpg

Literally my blacklist is full of them, that's not even counting the ones I simply clicked X & moved on. Before that offer was something crap like powerleveling up to T5 German CAs at around $35 USD (hahahahahaha). I get this on a frequent occurrence WG, sending it to support wont make the problem go away I'll just get ANOTHER ONE from ANOTHER account. So if you haven't gotten it yet, congratulations here's what it looks like, I get these all the time (I must be special). My blacklist will keep filling & soon I'll have a collection of spambots. This one takes the cake for sending 2 messages in the same chatbox.

​has anyone check out that said website that the scammer posted.... BE cool if we could get it shut down... another china gold farmers....

[-KIA-]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Beta Testers, Supertester, Privateers, Senior Volunteer Moderator
6,550 posts
8,491 battles

​has anyone check out that said website that the scammer posted.... BE cool if we could get it shut down... another china gold farmers....

I had the wonderful time of looking at their scammy site, it's trash.