You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

Belfast the new Gremy?

31 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
661 posts

So with the imminent removal of the Belfast, is she going to become the new Gremy?  I'm thinking of possibly picking her up just in case since I didn't jump on the Gremy.  Thoughts?

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
13,112 battles

Belfast is being added to the tech tree, not removed. She's an incredibly strong ship, but she ain't no gremy.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,829 battles

Where is this Belfast to the tech tree post?  That ship is certainly OP.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles

Gremy got castrated by the matchmaker. Nowadays its a good ship, but its a mere shadow of what it once was. Its constantly tiered against Kievs, Sims and Blysks - ships it has no chance of standing up to. Nickolai on the other hand is an absolute monster since it doesnt see anything beyond tier 5.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Why do people think gremy is OP?

You can't manoeuvre and shoot at the same time. That's a massive weakness

Really?

Do you not do your research or something?

Stealth firing, speed, concealment, 8km torps

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I don't care one way or another since I don't buy premiums.

When I see a Belfast I try to kill it (just like I do to any other enemy ship).

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

I think the Belfast is hyped too much. Squishy, has not torps to defend itself from charging ships into her smoke, and no RN CL AP shells. It has radar and it can smoke, but not defend itself from charges. Yay?

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I think the Belfast is hyped too much. Squishy, has not torps to defend itself from charging ships into her smoke, and no RN CL AP shells. It has radar and it can smoke, but not defend itself from charges. Yay?

It is fantastic at killing DDs, so your friendly DDs can torpedo whatever is charging at you.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

It is fantastic at killing DDs, so your friendly DDs can torpedo whatever is charging at you.

Maybe you're right, it might be more suited to kill DD's because of the radar and ROF. I was thinking how well it dealt with other cruisers or BB's though. Though I guess the average potato would let itself get cooked by the incoming fire from smoke clouds that can't torpedo back and then whine about it, so meh :rolleyes:

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

Maybe you're right, it might be more suited to kill DD's because of the radar and ROF. I was thinking how well it dealt with other cruisers or BB's though. Though I guess the average potato would let itself get cooked by the incoming fire from smoke clouds that can't torpedo back and then whine about it, so meh :rolleyes:

It's also good at Killing BBs, Cleveland and Pensacola.

Especially if you have CE, which allows it to stealth fire from around 13.3km.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

LOL. Nothing even compares to the Gremy. Nikolai? Pfft, please. Gremy is easily the most OP ship in the game.

Couldn't disagree more. That honor goes to Nikolai by a mile. Gremyaschy is hands down the most overrated ship in the game by a very big margin. You can't fire while manuvering, you aren't manuverable to begin with, and RN cruisers can pen you for full damage.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

It's also good at Killing BBs, Cleveland and Pensacola.

Especially if you have CE, which allows it to stealth fire from around 13.3km.

Stealth fire is getting removed though. And at those ranges, the shells become specially floaty and not as reliable. Basically, beyond DD killing, Belfast's are nothing to write home about as big threats against CA's and BB's (unless you're the low-skill ones lol).

Members
1,840 posts
2,716 battles

Stealth fire is getting removed though. And at those ranges, the shells become specially floaty and not as reliable. Basically, beyond DD killing, Belfast's are nothing to write home about as big threats against CA's and BB's (unless you're the low-skill ones lol).

Belfast and Budyonny are the only two cruisers I've ever received Dev Strikes in.

Both of them were from multi-citadelling a full or near full HP cruiser into oblivion in one salvo.  I was all like...

S0hzyUJ.gif

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

It's a premium.

Premium ships don't get nerfed, including its ability to stealth fire. (Gremyaschy)

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

Belfast and Budyonny are the only two cruisers I've ever received Dev Strikes in.

Both of them were from multi-citadelling a full or near full HP cruiser into oblivion in one salvo.  I was all like...

S0hzyUJ.gif

Potatoes will potato and make anyone's day :honoring:

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

It's a premium.

Premium ships don't get nerfed, including its ability to stealth fire. (Gremyaschy)

I'd like to hear where that is coming from. Any source? That would make the Blys blatantly OP if it's gonna be like that...

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

I'd like to hear where that is coming from. Any source? That would make the Blys blatantly OP if it's gonna be like that...

No source, but it's an educated guess, seeing as Gremyaschy didn't get its stealth fire ability nerfed, when all the other soviet DDs were, or how Warspite didn't get its turning agility nerfed when all the other T6+ BBs were.

[KNTAI]
Members
3,134 posts
9,120 battles

No source, but it's an educated guess, seeing as Gremyaschy didn't get its stealth fire ability nerfed, when all the other soviet DDs were, or how Warspite didn't get its turning agility nerfed when all the other T6+ BBs were.

But this is different. And it's a blanket nerf on a big mechanic. No more selling Blys if this were the case too (Though a sale on such ships would happen before the change, ofc :trollface:).

Let's wait and see on that.

Members
1,840 posts
2,716 battles

Potatoes will potato and make anyone's day :honoring:

Indeed.  I enjoy them with cheese, bacon, sour cream, salt, and pepper.:yes_cap:

I should probably mention I have recieved dev strikes from 203mm armed CAs and CA launched torpedoes...but there is nothing quite so hilarious as sending 12 6" shells at a close range cruiser and seeing 7 citadels and a devestating strike pop up on your screen.

It's like "Ooooooh". :)

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

But this is different. And it's a blanket nerf on a big mechanic. No more selling Blys if this were the case too (Though a sale on such ships would happen before the change, ofc :trollface:).

Let's wait and see on that.

To get you up to speed.

Blanket nerfs don't affect premiums either.

Gremyashchy retains stealth fire, but it was nerfed for the other soviet DDs

Warspite retains fast rudder and tight turning circle, despite blanket nerf to T6+ BBs

Warspite retains strong repair party, despite other BBs getting it nerfed.

Members
1,650 posts
1,608 battles

Gremy got castrated by the matchmaker. Nowadays its a good ship, but its a mere shadow of what it once was. Its constantly tiered against Kievs, Sims and Blysks - ships it has no chance of standing up to. Nickolai on the other hand is an absolute monster since it doesnt see anything beyond tier 5.

^

Gremy sucks by comparison. Nikolai farms souls; buries careers; harvests dreams.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Couldn't disagree more. That honor goes to Nikolai by a mile. Gremyaschy is hands down the most overrated ship in the game by a very big margin. You can't fire while manuvering, you aren't manuverable to begin with, and RN cruisers can pen you for full damage.

Agree totally. Once I got Gremy, I took her out multiple times, and, honestly, I was not impressed. One of the worst DD's I've played. Nicholas is a far, far better ship than Gremy, and so is Fujin/Kamikaze. Nikolai, though, jfc, that thing is damn near unsinkable, and those 12 rifles put so much hurt out, it's unreal.

And I love DD's and don't really like BB's, and I'm sayin this. :B

Members
268 posts
4,012 battles

For an anti-destroyer light cruiser that has more than 10k average damage than every other T7 cruisers (and higher average damage than all T8 cruiser except kutuzov), I would say it's pretty op

The fact it is so good at killing destroyers and still be able to defend herself after killed them. This ship is pretty much a T7 kutuzov with better concealment and maneuver. 

Edited by Georgiarain