You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mad_Rebel

gameplay chat abuse

64 comments in this topic

Members
44 posts
9,384 battles

As someone recently new to wows,I was thrilled by the action of wows from the first game I played.However it wasn't long before the fun started to disappear from the games. Many players seem to think they are the smartest players ever to land on this planet.Continual griping,and ordering players to play like they say,has taken the fun out.

Today i got reported by two people because i sat in one place and topedoed incoming ships. I was sitting in the epicenter of the map that looks like a target,behind a cliff in a arp takao.I admit I'm not a professional gamer,but I have a right to play however I want. I pay for my membership,not them.

• Cool 2

Members
35 posts
2,366 battles

I guess it sometimes depends on the tier. The more mature players will more often than not (at least as far as I've seen) be playing tier VII+. Now I'm not trying to bash on lower tiers since I actually div up with a friend new to the game but it just seems to happen more often in higher tier matches. Don't let these people take the fun out of the game for you. You could always just block their chat messages. I save that as a last resort though if I cannot reason or communicate with them. The community here is generally VERY good. You don't see too many other gaming communities like this.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

the whole "honored service"  after handing out t8s to new players really hasn't helped the quality of higher level plays and many do get frustrated with  plays that doesn't make sense.   so you need thicker skin if you want to play your takao as DD and get deleted quick in the epicenter.    you can play however you want but you need to expect reaction to your play style that  would be deemed to be  detrimental to team performance.

• Cool 1

Members
5,597 posts
7,121 battles

You'll always hear crap no matter what Tier you're in, however it should get better the higher you climb. If you play on weekends, it's extremely prevalent.

I remember back in the day I was in my Kiev. I was having a great game, however 3 or 4 peeps from the other side of the map were straight out ragging me. One even told me i should stick to playing Minecraft. I ended up being #1 on the team, and actually carried the win. See, these fools thought all DD's should be front and center. They had no clue how to play a VMF.

Don't worry about reports and even less about fools. Keep it clean'ish if you want to say something back to them. Karma means absolutely zip in the game.

Nothing better than smiling and waving when someone is in the middle of an alpha rage. 

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 1

[BGA]
Alpha Tester
4,044 posts
32,941 battles

You do have to consider that this is a team game and how much it sucks to do over 100,000 damage in a match only to loose and not get the full reward. You have to remember that your ship being sunk deducts points and fire power from your team while adding points to the enemy team. Also this is a game that relies on experience and credits to progress, everyone wants certain ships, and contributing to a loss means yet one more game to reach your goals. Finally, have you ever been in a losing streak and seen someone do something that you know isn't going to help the TEAM win? It's frustrating.

Take whatever they say with a grain, maybe a pound, of salt but always try your best to get a win for both you and your team mates.

Edited by Spieges

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

As someone recently new to wows,I was thrilled by the action of wows from the first game I played.However it wasn't long before the fun started to disappear from the games. Many players seem to think they are the smartest players ever to land on this planet.Continual griping,and ordering players to play like they say,has taken the fun out.

Today i got reported by two people because i sat in one place and topedoed incoming ships. I was sitting in the epicenter of the map that looks like a target,behind a cliff in a arp takao.I admit I'm not a professional gamer,but I have a right to play however I want. I pay for my membership,not them.

Welcome to online gaming. There's a nifty little trick you can do. Hit tab and hold it down, right click on their name and put them on ignore. Never have to listen to them ever again.

[BOTES]
Members
2,393 posts
10,555 battles

2000+ games isn't new and you're a wallet warrior. You deserve whatever you get.
  • Cool 4

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

2000+ games isn't new and you're a wallet warrior. You deserve whatever you get.

3HnJg43.gif
  • Cool 4

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,310 battles

Damn right you do! (have a right to play however you want)

First, what Talon said, throw those fools onto "IGNORE" and kick them to the curb!

Also, what Spieges said is also true, and Captains do get emotionally invested in these games.

And when that happens tempers flare, things get said, tears and salt flow; you get the picture.

Ignore them if you can, because things happen and you aren't responsible for anyone else's good time.

Play your game, enjoy your rewards, and have a good time.

(and if you see me in the game, I'm a good guy so don't kill me! LOL!!)

GL/HF and see you in the game! 07

Edited by Umikami
  • Cool 1

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

3HnJg43.gif

*steals the gif* 

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

OP you've played 180 games in that ARP Takao and only average 12K damage? I think I see why there are comments being made to how you are playing.

Additionally, nothing you've presented in this thread qualifies as chat abuse.

As the saying goes GIt Gud!!

• Cool 1

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,119 battles

Not often but sometimes you have other people who just have to comment on your game, I had a person who didn't like my play, not sure why cause I thought I was doing good , Learn your role as A Cruiser he ranted!I didnt respond so he PMd me numerous times over 2 days, like I said best to ignore it and develop a thick skin , also if I see adusive chat I report for " abusive chatt" at end of game go to team and put curser on there name and a drop down box will appear to report good or bad stuff

Members
66 posts
2,028 battles

OP if it was a hunter-gatherer context, looking at your stats, you would be the guy that steps on the twig and scares the game away. You'd be benched in the village with the elderly. Get good, stop complaining. Try listening to your team once in a while.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I had a person berate our team for dropping a victory last night.  It was funny because we won by five points AND they were in very last place for base exp.  As a fun bonus, they called me a whiny battleship.  I was sailing Leander ('cause free boat!).  I'll be honest, if I have the time and high spirits, I'll troll "angry chat dude" because it amuses me.  Sometimes I just take my medicine - if someone calls me on a bad play, well...that's the cost of making bad plays.  I got stuck on a dock/island in Genny the other day due to bad maneuvering.  No one flamed me directly, but they did complain about my lack of mobility in chat.  I owned up to my mistake and that I could not get my ship unstuck and just took the abuse because I EARNED it.  I felt badly and I should have.  It's a game, though, so I got over it.

[WULUF]
Members
617 posts
11,769 battles

So, your feelings got hurt in game chat. Maybe, just maybe, the reason your feelings got hurt, is because what they said was true and it hit a nerve??  It's a team game, many that play it expect it to be played that way in order to win. After all, the end goal in a game, is to win. Perhaps you should play coop, their is a much smaller risk of someone saying something to you.

[VOLT]
[VOLT]
Members
175 posts
38,844 battles

You'll always hear crap no matter what Tier you're in, however it should get better the higher you climb. If you play on weekends, it's extremely prevalent.

I remember back in the day I was in my Kiev. I was having a great game, however 3 or 4 peeps from the other side of the map were straight out ragging me. One even told me i should stick to playing Minecraft. I ended up being #1 on the team, and actually carried the win. See, these fools thought all DD's should be front and center. They had no clue how to play a VMF.

May the force be with you - Been there - it's crazy sometimes. And do you watch and see that the most verbally abusive will be dead before you...?
Edited by Hans_CC

Members
44 posts
9,384 battles

First, what Talon said, throw those fools onto "IGNORE" and kick them to the curb!

Also, what Spieges said is also true, and Captains do get emotionally invested in these games.

And when that happens tempers flare, things get said, tears and salt flow; you get the picture.

Ignore them if you can, because things happen and you aren't responsible for anyone else's good time.

lol ty. actually i never typed anything to them

Members
44 posts
9,384 battles

So, your feelings got hurt in game chat. Maybe, just maybe, the reason your feelings got hurt, is because what they said was true and it hit a nerve??  It's a team game, many that play it expect it to be played that way in order to win. After all, the end goal in a game, is to win. Perhaps you should play coop, their is a much smaller risk of someone saying something to you.

my feelings didn't get hurt. I'm 70 years old and been through real war,so i don't let it get to me. like i said they reported me for something (who knows what) i had a message popup when i got back to port. as far as a team game i went where they initially said to go,and they ran off and left me while i sank two ships

Members
44 posts
9,384 battles

ty LT.

Members
44 posts
9,384 battles

the whole "honored service"  after handing out t8s to new players really hasn't helped the quality of higher level plays and many do get frustrated with  plays that doesn't make sense.   so you need thicker skin if you want to play your takao as DD and get deleted quick in the epicenter.    you can play however you want but you need to expect reaction to your play style that  would be deemed to be  detrimental to team performance.

when i said new, i was relatively speaking. i play about 30 games a day ,everyday since sept.I am confined to a chair,and have very little to do but enjoy myself.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts

so he pays for your game, you should say thank you

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,990 battles

Some clown called me a "coward" the other day because I bailed on taking a cap in my DD. The nearest support was 10 km away. I ended up sinking 4 ships and landing #1 or 2 on Team base XP. Sometimes I'll chat back, but most of the time unfair criticism just motivates me to do even better. 

And sometimes the guys complaining have a point, however poorly they make it.