Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sovereigndawg

Forgot Where I was Going with This. Old Log Cabin, HEY?

2 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
12,059 posts
21,291 battles

Not a gripe or is it? (gripes are what we used on our ship to hold down marine equipment in transport aboard LSD 28). OK In 2 battles so far tonight. In one I made 0 hp. In another I made little hp, but was a key factor in both battles. I don't want to go into details, suffice it to say that I am correct about being a key factor. Okay so, I will go into details, and will try not to bore you.

In one game an epicenter battle, with 2 cv's. I am a  dd, Fujin I think. I thought I would sneak around and snipe the cv's. Alas I only have a 10 point captain. I could not avoid detection around the last peninsula where non exposure would have meant, virtual freedom. I was spotted (even though I am here alone, my face turns red with what? embarrassment? Chagrin? I don't know!). I fired my torps and shot at everything but couldn't land a hit, I drew 6 or more of the opposing team away from the battle, which our team was losing. I dodged and weaved, I weaved and dodged, the red team hated me for getting to where I got and were dealing the punishment (I suppose now that I put this out I will have to take a screen shot in case you need proof). I then proceeded to die, and when the victory came up, I got a did not contribute to the battle. It is a victory non the less, I am not complaining and I know in my own unselfish heart, that I contributed. I contributed probably better than I otherwise would have.

If I had not been seen and had gone on my merry way all stealth like, and tried to get those 2 CV's on my own. Red would have concentrated elsewhere. Our, already beleaguered team, would have been overwhelmed. I made 0 hp and of course last place on the team. I was happy!

The next Battle like that, and yes again, your friendly neighborhood DD man (OK not a dd man per se, but a 50% Cruiser and pretty much 25% and 25% DD, BB man). Dropping smoke this time and launching torps, not to hit, but to drive red, like cattle. I get a few hits but, Give, Give, Give, like a dd do! Cover team with smoke, get plenty thank yous. Spot while team in smoke. At the end No love by the referee. The crowd goes wild for the BB. the best supporting actor gets no mention. I was Happy!

In the would you do it? category. I get a cap in my dd. The cap was C, I then go toward D and the ship in there, requests to let him get the cap himself (I think for campaign purposes). You have time to let him solo Cap, by slowing and turning and no risk to your self by doing so. Do I do It? or do I not? My answer is, Yes I let him, and why? because that is what team mates do. Right? would you do that? I would do it again. I was happy to do it the first time. I will do what I can every time. My stats may suffer but my friends will not.

Be positive and work together. I am not saying I communicated my intentions in the first scenario. I was after all stealth. I did communicate in the other battles, well as much as I ever do, I don't see the chat screen much in battle. I really wish teams could talk (you know sound), I know it would end up in pandemonium though. That however. is another story.

I suppose I should end with some kind of point, and I guess that is: Don't forget the little guy, no matter, a dd, a bb, or some where in between Little guys are those, who make up the whole team.

[PVE]
Members
12,059 posts
21,291 battles

Happy and just sippin some log cabin tonight. Too bad,never took the screen shots, but my words are true.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Sign in to follow this