You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Avrova1904

Floating cancers

72 comments in this topic

Members
342 posts
6,006 battles

LOL I saw this term in a reddit thread and made me laugh. Let's talk about that ships that made you feel like punch your computer screen and throw it out the window. I remember having bad times with Colorado and Izumo but I could overcome this, now I even like Colorado. I am mostly a battleship player and after playing lots of battles with Kawachi, this one is the most facepalmer ever. What the illogical crap accuracy has this ship! What kind of gunners has? is like a 100 year old woman with parkinson. This ship is likely to destroy my nervous system, is going to make me bald. I suffer from Kawachi stress. Ugly, slow, terrible accuracy, bad range. I need to be drunk or smoke good marihuana to have a little fun with this s**t.

• Cool 1

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

I'm amused due to the ships being named being among the best performing and easiest to play. Except Kawachi. Nosir. Hate that thing. And Wyoming.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Stock post-split Hatsuharu.  Only ship I've tried so far that I was absolutely unable to make work.  Granted it's only the stock configuration, but it may as well be a different ship owing to how atrocious it is compared to upgraded Hatsuharu.

Of course, I haven't tried German DDs yet...so that's not for certain.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 1

Members
3,681 posts
8,111 battles

OMFG Konigsberg before patch 0.5.4 when they fixed the overpen mechanic. Every single shell that is larger than 6 inches that touches basically anywhere on my ship either breaks my rudder, my engine, or citadel.

That...thing...*gnash* really taught me how to play WoWs the hard way...

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[NMKJT]
Members
4,279 posts
9,133 battles

Karlsruhe (first ship I ever finished in PVE to escape from) and Bayern (first ship I ever ragesold). Weird how both of them are German.

[KMS2]
Members
10,919 posts
4,863 battles

Something I find interesting is that, even though there are plenty of ships I felt like I hated, I ended up doing decent with them. Phoenix, Karlsruhe, and Danae for example.

[WOLF6]
Members
33 posts
14,786 battles

Kirov (free xped to tier 6) and Pensacola(grinded normally to tier 8), the only ships that i sold because i just couldn't play them. Surprisingly, I like the kawachi.

Edited by TH4NKZ

Members
57 posts
1,717 battles

Aoba.  It's an elegant looking ship (unlike the overly complicated Myoko), but omgwtfbbqpwnt, battleship-speed gun turning combined with something that's basically a floating citadel is not cool.  Pour on the sauce of slightly tubby maneuvering with slightly tubby size, and you spend all of your time dodging, and then not firing because your guns are on the opposite side of where they need to be.  Oh and on top of that, the delightful sprinkles of rear-only torpedo arcs.

The slow gun turn rate thing is especially painful as her guns, although sparse, are fairly accurate and have very fast shells.

Myoko is basically an Aoba, but uglier, tubbier, and without the ability to fire 66% of her guns forward.  Plus slower reload.  Unless you want to expose your citadel, err, I mean broadside to an enemy..

edit: clarified what I mean by 'fast' and 'slow' guns in middle paragraph.. before the edit, I was saying that they are both 'fast' and 'slow' simultaneously.  D'oh!

Edited by TheRenegrade

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Stock post-split Hatsuharu.  Only ship I've tried so far that I was absolutely unable to make work.  Granted it's only the stock configuration, but it may as well be a different ship owing to how atrocious it is compared to upgraded Hatsuharu.

Of course, I haven't tried German DDs yet...so that's not for certain.

They are lots of fun

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
251 posts
2,858 battles

Izumo seriously.. i hate this ship... only 200k more xp till i get the yammy

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
71 posts
286 battles

Karlsruhe

I felt this way for a very long time. And then my last 2 matches in it were some of my best matches to date in any ship. I still liked it better than the Kohlberg the whole way through though, that was a real stinker.

I think the worst though for me is the Nicolas.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,183 posts
15,765 battles

CV's don't really bother me, well the good CV players do but they do have my respect for doing well with the hardest class to play. What does is fire after fire all when their HE is already tearing big chunks of health off of me.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,085 battles

Nurnberg. I hate that ship with a PASSION.  Others I didn't like were New orleans, Hipper, and Baltimore and currently I really don't like Colorado.

Members
492 posts

The Yorck. I hate that thing. I would rather be forced to play the Fuso in tier 9 battles for eternity than play the Yorck again. The only ship where I wanted WG to code in a "scuttle" button so I could blow it up myself.

• Cool 1

Privateers
728 posts
9,377 battles

New Orleans. It's a Pensacola, with one less gun + radar and "better armor" and better detection, but it now faces tier 10's, Some people don't mind it, but I absolutely hate it.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,183 posts
15,765 battles

The Yorck. I hate that thing. I would rather be forced to play the Fuso in tier 9 battles for eternity than play the Yorck again. The only ship where I wanted WG to code in a "scuttle" button so I could blow it up myself.

The Yorck is good but you have to spam HE because the AP rounds spend more time in vacuum than astronauts..

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

Warspite.

Agonizingly slow arthritic turret rotation and a floating tinderbox. Everytime she gets hit by HE it's "flame on!" I always look like a Viking funeral ship.

Members
1,369 posts
3,667 battles

USN CLs.  I tried so hard to convince myself to keep grinding to at least the Cleveland, my friend tried too, but i never made it past Omaha.  Switched to IJN and never looked back. 

Now, if only high tier games were fun, id finish grinding the mogami instead of screwing around in mid tiers.