Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_A_A_A_

Why does it take up to 3 clicks to launch torpedoes?

20 comments in this topic

[NOOBS]
Members
14 posts

I have a decent PC/Video card (gtx980) 60fps; my main guns shoot when I click, but my torpedoes take 2-3 clicks every time.  Anyone know if this is a bug?  Frustrating as hell when you click to launch torps and then get killed but no torps are released.   

[WOLF2]
Members
252 posts
9,980 battles

It only takes me one click to launch torpedoes.  They just don't launch instantly.  

Frustrating as hell when you click to launch torps and then get killed but no torps are released.   

This has been true forever for all of us.  Even those of us that launch torpedoes with one click.  The supposition is this is caused based on how the backend registers torpedo launches.

[DESS]
Beta Testers
183 posts
10,263 battles

It only takes me one click to launch torpedoes.  They just don't launch instantly.  

This has been true forever for all of us.  Even those of us that launch torpedoes with one click.  The supposition is this is caused based on how the backend registers torpedo launches.

It takes up to 2 full seconds (for the quads) to fully fire. I don't know how many times I've fired the torpedoes and the sound, but never actually release them.

[CHASE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,973 posts
13,112 battles

the game has a tendency to often ignore commands you put in

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

Have you ever clicked to fire your torps and then a second or 2 later you get blown up only to fined out your torps were never launched? :angry:

Happens to me sometimes, I thought it was lag usually.

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

I have this issue a lot as well, sometimes with my guns too, though usually with the torpedos. To be fair though I play this game at low settings at 1440 x 900 res and 16-20 fps so.... I'm betting my issues are caused by lag.

[-V-]
Members
830 posts
5,254 battles

I have this issue a lot as well, sometimes with my guns too, though usually with the torpedos. To be fair though I play this game at low settings at 1440 x 900 res and 16-20 fps so.... I'm betting my issues are caused by lag.

FPS is not lag.

I used to play World of Warcraft, which was extremely sensitive with issues with lag, fps, ping, etc, so though this was gathered from WoW, the answer it gives is the same for this game.

Read this if your having lag issues.

Network Speed:
ISP's have different network download speeds: 1MB, 5MB's, 20, 40MB's all the way to T3. Obviously the higher the number is the better it is.

Latency:
Is the quality of connection with your network. Desired latency is low latency; below 100ms is good, desired for optimal gaming 20ms-40ms. Do not confuse low latency with slow network speed. You can have very good connection (low latency 20ms) with your network but your network speed could be very slow (2MB) or you can have really high network speed 20MB but very high latency 600ms. Again it is desired to have low latency on any network speed.

Ping: is a test that your network does on a constant basis to measure your latency. It sends a ping package and it measures the speed it takes from origin to destination then back. Low ping rates are desirable; meaning; you want that ping to be as fast as possible thus a lower ping / latency number is better (see latency)

Frame Rate: It's the rate of the number of video/picture frames measured in seconds. Desirable frame rate is a steady 30FPS, well at least that's how videos are recorded, 60FPS is over the top leave it to LoTR, 150FPS? why?

FPS (Frames Per Second): It's how many video/picture frames your system is processing per second

FPS = Frame rate
Frame rate = FPS

That being said:
If you're having "Lag" you can easily identify what's causing this, there are 2 possibilities, first hover over the game microbar and see what is the latency number and your frame rate number.
If the latency number is higher than 200ms then go to step 1
If the latency number is less than100ms but the FPS is less than 20 go to step 2

1. Connection lag
- Your connection / latency to your network is bad, it's taking too long to communicate there and back, simple. Hover the mouse over the game microbar and check what is the latency number, if it's greater than 200ms you have a latency lag problem.
- Your network speed is too slow, can't play the game anymore using a dial-up, so if your speed is less than 5MB then you're going to have some type of lag, specially in a raid.
- If you're speed is 10MB or higher and you have low latency than there's a different problem.

2. Framerate lag:
- WOW is capable of handling 200 FPS, not desired though
- The game should run on a steady smooth 30FPS, realistically more like 20-40 FPS
- If your game drops FPS right after zoning into anything, it's your system processing all kinds of environmental crap, then it normalizes back to a nice 30FPS within 5 seconds, this is normal
- If your game drops FPS from 30FPS to 5-12 FPS lagging the game unplayable for more than 10seconds when AOE healing or heavy AOE dps is going on, then your system is working very hard to keep up with all the busy environment going on. Hover over the microbar and see if you actually have low FPS.

Video card CPU vs Computer CPU
- The video card CPU should do all the video rendering work. Set your video card to use video card settings instead of use system or program settings. This will let the video card do it's thing instead or routing the program video requirements through the computer CPU then back into the video card then out to your monitor, that's way too much work for a computer. There's 2 CPU's doing the same amount of work twice eating too many system resources.
- Let the video card process the video
- Let the computer CPU run the game program and process you keyboard and mouse inputs then marry everything together.
- If you have a multi-core processor 4 or more, don't let the system split the game into 4-8 cores, this minimizes the amount of work each core has to do for each split. On a 4 core chip each core will only do 25% the work with 25% the power, at 8 cores that number is dropped to 12%, so if you tell the CPU to run the game on 2 cores it will use 50% of the power at 100% of it processing capability (trust me on this I'm not going to get too technical here), multi-core systems are mostly for power saving and for running multiple processes by routing the program to 4-8 cores, splitting the workload at an 8th of the power, but we're talking about 1 single program here.

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

Are your tubes aligned before firing?

I simply press my LMB firmly to fire mine in T-22 and Hatsu. Double-click's unneeded.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Might be either bad connection or you're out-turning the torpedo launcher.

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
1,080 posts
5,785 battles

Happened to me many times, always annoying, some time causes death. Sometimes they launch at slightly off angle than what I clicked.

[13TH]
Members
4,899 posts
9,120 battles

Have you ever clicked to fire your torps and then a second or 2 later you get blown up only to fined out your torps were never launched? :angry:

Oh yeaaaa

Beta Testers
1,136 posts
4,017 battles

I'd attribute this to lag, but guns always seem to send out before that last minute volley of destruction. Torps, on the other hand are very fickle. For reasons.

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

FPS is not lag.

I used to play World of Warcraft, which was extremely sensitive with issues with lag, fps, ping, etc, so though this was gathered from WoW, the answer it gives is the same for this game.

Read this if your having lag issues.

Network Speed:
ISP's have different network download speeds: 1MB, 5MB's, 20, 40MB's all the way to T3. Obviously the higher the number is the better it is.

Latency:
Is the quality of connection with your network. Desired latency is low latency; below 100ms is good, desired for optimal gaming 20ms-40ms. Do not confuse low latency with slow network speed. You can have very good connection (low latency 20ms) with your network but your network speed could be very slow (2MB) or you can have really high network speed 20MB but very high latency 600ms. Again it is desired to have low latency on any network speed.

Ping: is a test that your network does on a constant basis to measure your latency. It sends a ping package and it measures the speed it takes from origin to destination then back. Low ping rates are desirable; meaning; you want that ping to be as fast as possible thus a lower ping / latency number is better (see latency)

Frame Rate: It's the rate of the number of video/picture frames measured in seconds. Desirable frame rate is a steady 30FPS, well at least that's how videos are recorded, 60FPS is over the top leave it to LoTR, 150FPS? why?

FPS (Frames Per Second): It's how many video/picture frames your system is processing per second

FPS = Frame rate
Frame rate = FPS

That being said:
If you're having "Lag" you can easily identify what's causing this, there are 2 possibilities, first hover over the game microbar and see what is the latency number and your frame rate number.
If the latency number is higher than 200ms then go to step 1
If the latency number is less than100ms but the FPS is less than 20 go to step 2

1. Connection lag
- Your connection / latency to your network is bad, it's taking too long to communicate there and back, simple. Hover the mouse over the game microbar and check what is the latency number, if it's greater than 200ms you have a latency lag problem.
- Your network speed is too slow, can't play the game anymore using a dial-up, so if your speed is less than 5MB then you're going to have some type of lag, specially in a raid.
- If you're speed is 10MB or higher and you have low latency than there's a different problem.

2. Framerate lag:
- WOW is capable of handling 200 FPS, not desired though
- The game should run on a steady smooth 30FPS, realistically more like 20-40 FPS
- If your game drops FPS right after zoning into anything, it's your system processing all kinds of environmental crap, then it normalizes back to a nice 30FPS within 5 seconds, this is normal
- If your game drops FPS from 30FPS to 5-12 FPS lagging the game unplayable for more than 10seconds when AOE healing or heavy AOE dps is going on, then your system is working very hard to keep up with all the busy environment going on. Hover over the microbar and see if you actually have low FPS.

Video card CPU vs Computer CPU
- The video card CPU should do all the video rendering work. Set your video card to use video card settings instead of use system or program settings. This will let the video card do it's thing instead or routing the program video requirements through the computer CPU then back into the video card then out to your monitor, that's way too much work for a computer. There's 2 CPU's doing the same amount of work twice eating too many system resources.
- Let the video card process the video
- Let the computer CPU run the game program and process you keyboard and mouse inputs then marry everything together.
- If you have a multi-core processor 4 or more, don't let the system split the game into 4-8 cores, this minimizes the amount of work each core has to do for each split. On a 4 core chip each core will only do 25% the work with 25% the power, at 8 cores that number is dropped to 12%, so if you tell the CPU to run the game on 2 cores it will use 50% of the power at 100% of it processing capability (trust me on this I'm not going to get too technical here), multi-core systems are mostly for power saving and for running multiple processes by routing the program to 4-8 cores, splitting the workload at an 8th of the power, but we're talking about 1 single program here.

Errr, well I know it's not my internet, ingame my ping is always around 30ms, and I get 120 mbps internet.

I guess it's just low frames, as I don't technically have a GPU, just integrated graphics, Intel HD 2500 to be exact. Yeah...... not exactly meant for gaming, but it's what I've got. The thing is the framerate is stable though, it doesn't ever randomly drop.

My RAM is fine at 8gb and my CPU is decent as well, Intel Core i3-3220. It's hyperthreaded to 4 cores, though it's only 2 actual cores.

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
12,366 battles

Torpedoes load the cpu heavily for some reason. Youtuber Zoup did a 12v12 shimakaze battle and his fps bogged down to the sub 20 range even on a high end rig.

Launching torps always causes a frame dip. Many torps in the water causes FPS lag even on good systems, much like large fights from many MMOs, particularly ones that run Dx9.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

Every day.

[ONE38]
Members
3,782 posts
14,818 battles

I have a decent PC/Video card (gtx980) 60fps; my main guns shoot when I click, but my torpedoes take 2-3 clicks every time.  Anyone know if this is a bug?  Frustrating as hell when you click to launch torps and then get killed but no torps are released.   

I've had it happen a few times but only with my Tirpitz.  Torps were loaded, aimed and green for go-time... Click...  Click...  Click...  It's only functional anomaly I've experienced of this sort with this game.  

I have a good connection/service and heavy duty machine...  Intel 6 core i7-4930K CPU, 32 GB of memory, powerful GPU, SSD, etc.

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
823 posts

Seriously this issued does need attention, happens all the time, UI issues need to be put up higher on the list of things to fix.   How about trying to focus fire your secondaries or AA?  You press ctrl and the whole screen starts moving around etc.  I try to make it a habit of setting the location of the mouse with the ctrl key at the beginning of every battle.  

Sign in to follow this