You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kconvey_1

Would you give up pvp if pve had rewards as good as pvp.

175 members have voted

1. 1. Would you give up pvp if pve rewards were

• Yes, I would drop pvp and just pve for easier faster rewards
    • No I prefer the challenge
    • I already pve primarily

155 comments in this topic

[_AFW_]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
551 posts
8,359 battles

PVE is much easier, so if I could get the same rewards in PVE I would play it more, and probably only play ranked as my only PVP.

I think many players would say the same, and this is probably why WG nerfs PVE rewards.

[KFL]
Supertester
693 posts
18,578 battles

I accidentally played Pve the other day and lolololol. Everyone can be pro in that. They don't need to up the rewards. If people want to take the easy way out they need to put in the work to grind.

• Cool 2

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,846 battles

Right now I do maybe 3/4 PvP and 1/4 PvE. I definitely don't think raising the PvE rewards would get me to switch entirely to PvE, but it would definitely change the ratio. Maybe 50/50?

[DESS]
Beta Testers
183 posts
10,263 battles

Maybe increasing the rewards would be a bit much, but maybe tweak them. How many times have we ended up bringing the stock Colorado (or something just as bad) into PvP with no idea as to how that specific ship works? I think adding a bonus to new (less than 1 week old) ships playing PvE would be a nice addition, it would allow someone to figure out how said ship works, along with grinding it out thanks to the bonuses.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
1,259 posts
6,287 battles

I responded "no" but I know that at times I would use it to finish out some quest lines as some of them would be much easier against AI than actually players.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

it takes  about half the time to play pve match vs pvp match on the average besides being easier.      if you consider the time it takes,   the reward really isn't that horrid.       higher tier is more problematic due to cost, but otherwise,  i don't think it needs more XP unless they have tougher mode like the halloween convoy mode.   

Members
1,840 posts
2,716 battles

No.  I enjoy knowing that my enemies actions aren't scripted in 1s and 0s. 

Not to mention the personal satisfaction from knowing you just sent some dude back to port because you were the better player in that particular engagement. 

:B

Edited by Venom81
  • Cool 1

[NEMO]
[NEMO]
Members
823 posts
10,939 battles

No.  I enjoy knowing that my enemies actions aren't scripted in 1s and 0s. 

Not to mention the personal satisfaction from knowing you just sent some dude back to port because you were the better player in that particular engagement. 

:B

Even if that enemy was a potato that bots could easily defeat?
  • Cool 1

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Why? Maybe they don't want to play with you. What difference does it make if they get to higher tiers at the same rate? Not like it's HARD to unlock high tier ships/make tons of silver. I've got a bit over 175 million right now, 350-ish-k  Free XP, and 4 tier 10's on the lines I even wanted them on. I didnt get that from skill. Im not that good, and I doesn't take much effort. So what difference does it make that someone gets all that in CoOp?

Yep, same here, 160 mil in creds and about 2.6 mil in free xp and  another 990k+ to be converted that I am just sitting on, no big hurry, and I might add, all of that or at least 99.9% of it came from co-op/PVE and I too am not all that good at it, no real skill here, just fun casual play.

Members
501 posts
12,762 battles

I'd still primarily play PvP but I'd like to have the option to add PvE to the mix (assuming they make the bots better and less retarded and have more of them) especially to mix things up and to just relax when I have a string of bad games

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Better rewards would compel me to play PvE more should I want to blow off some steam, but it wouldn't replace PvP.  

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
931 posts
9,003 battles
Currently I only play PVE to try out a new ship or complete a DD centric mission in a campaign, since I suck at DDs.  IMHO PVE is boring and too easy.  Even if the rewards were equal I would stay away because I don't find easy mode fun.

[-_W_-]
Members
1,089 posts
2,418 battles

It depends on what my goal is.

If Co-op had the same rewards, it would definitely be my go-to if I were trying to grind my way up a line, particularly for lines that have some mediocre ships at higher tiers. But I'd also still play plenty of Randoms for fun.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

PvE games are generally 5-7 minutes for me even at high tiers and easier to play stock ships in that means I have more games in the same amount of time and they are easier. If I could earn earn enough xp per game to make my xp per hour higher in PvE than PvP I would grind stock ships and ships I dont like there. It would be easier to grind, faster progression, and reduce my need of free xp. Right now xp is earned fast enough in PvE, any more xp earning would push PvE into the fasterish grind region. As for silver I dont know or care because I have tons banked up.  

As for what I would enjoy more PvE is boring, some people may like pew pewing ships and watching islands but I enjoy out playing opponents and pulling out victories which just does not happen in PvE. Also I play to improve my performance and that really means nothing in PvE so there is little reason to play PvE currently aside from various different missions that can be completed in PvE much easier. (like the 15 citadel mission, just bring a Des Moines to PvE and run 12-18 citadels a game)

• Cool 1

[NG-NL]
Members
7,141 posts
12,577 battles

PvE is too repetitive. Only use it if need a tiny bit more XP to finish my captain's retrain or get last 500 or so XP to get ship XP for upgrading hull.

Plus there's no getting achievements there. Ever. Want flags from that? Have to defeat actual people. Takes too long to hit the XP bars if doing only PvE for the containers.

[O7]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
12,147 posts
9,111 battles

So this myth that people would flee pvp for coop is just a myth. 

28 people have responded to your poll, do you really think that is a big enough sample size to draw conclusions of the entire player base from? There are sometimes 15,000 players on at the same time and only a small fraction ever visit the forums or vote on polls. i.e. you need a lot more votes to draw a conclusion from. You need samples from the forum and independent of it, from different time periods and days, from enough players that you have a statistically significant amount of people responding so you dont end up with all your polls saying Hillary will win. 
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

I probably would to grind ships I didn't want to play. other than that not really.

Members
1,819 posts

28 people have responded to your poll, do you really think that is a big enough sample size to draw conclusions of the entire player base from? There are sometimes 15,000 players on at the same time and only a small fraction ever visit the forums or vote on polls. i.e. you need a lot more votes to draw a conclusion from. You need samples from the forum and independent of it, from different time periods and days, from enough players that you have a statistically significant amount of people responding so you dont end up with all your polls saying Hillary will win. 

Its the forum people starting that myth, and then also responding they wouldnt leave pvp. Its not definitive, but when the people saying it are also the ones responding, that says something.

Members
3,929 posts
20,995 battles

They could give it three months of PvE being equal to PvP in rewards

That's just not fair to pVp players.

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,106 battles

Its the forum people starting that myth, and then also responding they wouldnt leave pvp. Its not definitive, but when the people saying it are also the ones responding, that says something.

It's called the "path of least resistance."  maybe you should read up on it.