You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Arthur_Dayne

huge problem for new players DD torp reload rates tier1-5

15 comments in this topic

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
496 posts
16,410 battles

heres the thing..... u want new players to play but then u have all these people with 17-18 point commanders playing tier 1 thru 5 dds because its insanely easy to go and sink a bb from invisble mode..... then you have some of these dds like the Clemson reload torps so fast .... I don't think its conducive to keeping new players....

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,413 posts

New players don't immediately see the more experienced players.

-Members-
6,960 posts
10,623 battles

"Sinking a BB from invisible mode"

Rather funny considering how insane the spotting ranges are, not to mention how slow low tier torpedoes are. The only saving grace in that regard as that most low tier players have no proficient concept of dodging anything, torpedoes included.

[SWFSH]
[SWFSH]
Volunteer Moderator
2,629 posts
7,415 battles

Nothing in the game stops people from doing this, and nothing should. Let people play ships they want to play.

Members
1,797 posts
7,977 battles

I wish for more vicious torpedoes on a daily basis...typically every time I play a USN "gunboat."  Without good torps, your little DD has no knock out punch...and trying to win a boxing match throwing nothing but jabs sucks.  I say give torpedoes a speed buff and detection reduction across the board, especially at low tiers! ;-)

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

He has posted 2 thinly veiled nerf torpedo threads in 4 minutes. 

And today is not the first time. OP really needs to stop living under a bridge.

[SALVO]
Members
16,501 posts
10,221 battles

Quick fix: Grind out of tier 3-5 asap and enjoy your BBs at tier 6. (most) DDs at  T6 have atrocious visibility and torps are relatively crappy and easy to dodge.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,323 battles

heres the thing..... u want new players to play but then u have all these people with 17-18 point commanders playing tier 1 thru 5 dds because its insanely easy to go and sink a bb from invisble mode..... then you have some of these dds like the Clemson reload torps so fast .... I don't think its conducive to keeping new players....

First, you are no new player; what gives you the right to speak for them?

If YOU want to say something, say it and quit trying to pretend like you're doing this out of some sense of public service or other such nonsense.

You are a known troll.

Second, there is no invisible mode, only ignorant players who fail to get out of binocular mode and look around occasionally.

Third, like Macabe says, newer players don't see the seal killers right away.

Fourth, Clemson doesn't reload any faster than most other tier 4 DD's.

Fifth, when you run a game you can worry about customer retention, till then I'd rather trust WoW and WG over you.

And last, but not least, if you put as much effort into improving your play as you do whining like a 7 year old girl about torps,

you wouldn't have to worry about torps.

Git Gud, and quit trolling.

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

You should play some high tier IJN DDs, then come back & tell me they're OP when the competition does everything better.

[CVLUL]
Members
84 posts
7,663 battles

I understand It can be frustrating to be sunk by such a devastating attack but the game mechanic its self is not to blame but rather poor situational awareness and bad habits. A skilled player can, by in large, avoid such hits by constantly altering speed and direction. When people drive at a constant speed in a straight line or sit stationary they are only asking be taken advantage of.

Yesterday I was up against a Scharnhorst in my DD, I fired a volley of torps which all missed as he had changed speed and direction. I reload my torps and try another volley and again they all missed because he changed course and speed. At this point I made it my mission to sink this guy. Well about 20 torps later and without a hit I decide to yolo in while he was shooting at someone else and try a short range torp volley. I charge in, pop smoke, and release torp hell! What does he do? He turns bow on and I finally get a single bow on torp hit. He then charges my smoke pushing me out the back side and as soon as he clears the other side and spots me he blasts me outta the water. This is what BB/CA players should be learning instead of asking for nerfs to a class/weapon just because you have not learned to deal with the threat.

That BB captain received a +1 from me for being such a good opponent and flat out outplaying me. As a DD player I prefer the potato variety. :teethhappy:

Edit - for spelling

Edited by Baralis

[CASUL]
Members
256 posts
3,987 battles

Quick fix: Grind out of tier 3-5 asap and enjoy your BBs at tier 6. (most) DDs at  T6 have atrocious visibility and torps are relatively crappy and easy to dodge.

The NM's speed and turning is so bad you could fire torps from halfway across the map, see them coming, and still not be able to dodge.

Until you hit T8 in the US line, you're basically molasses in January. You're not dodging much unless you're up against a potato.

[SALVO]
Members
16,501 posts
10,221 battles

The NM's speed and turning is so bad you could fire torps from halfway across the map, see them coming, and still not be able to dodge.

Until you hit T8 in the US line, you're basically molasses in January. You're not dodging much unless you're up against a potato.

Unless you get at point blank range, you only get hit if you go potato. At tier 6 you are not getting invisitorped inside 6 km, that is at least 40 secs to target so wasd every 30 secs, trick done, only a very good player will predict you, not many of those around at T6.