You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

Santa Crates - Let me be the first to say that I was wrong.

12 comments in this topic

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Started another thread a couple of weeks back when the Santa event began and I said that if I had to do it again, I would not.  Had spent $100. at that time and received back $103. worth of items, so I thought it was a 'push'.  Then I thought, why not try it again, only this time stay away from the $5. gifts and lean more towards the $3. and $1., well....it paid off.  And let me be the first to say I was wrong about the event, it has been fun, my total haul to this point has been:

x2 Emden

x2 Ishizuchi

x2 Atago

x2 Murmansk

x2 Anshan

x1 Texas

x1 Sims

x1 Marblehead

x1 Lo Yang

x1 Nickolai

x1 Blyskawica

x1 Arizona

x1 Sharnhorst

x1 Gremyashchy

Over 30k Doubloons, 1200 various camos, 1000 various signals including 200 Dragon, 30 days Premium.  I'm sure I am leaving something out, just not sure at this point.

Overall, I want to take a moment and thank WG for being so generous, I want to also thank very much those other players that sent me gifts and I want to say if you can afford it, give it a try, it has been well worth it, I personally have spent in the neighborhood of $300. and as you can see my returns have exceeded that amount.  By the way the ships that I listed all with the exception of one came from $3. boxes.  I look forward to next years event, good luck to everyone!!!!!!!

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Yep, I spent nearly double what you did and I got freaking 13 Damn Izuchis in the process because I was mining Admirals gifts for those crack cocaine restless fire camos lol 

Members
642 posts
782 battles

As a retired Navy vet I couldn't afford much but got 2 Emdens, a Svetlana and a Molotov. Also, as a surprise, I won the first game out with each of them. Also got several thousand doubloons, premium time (90 days) and a variety of average flags and camo. This was for an investment of $15 in $5 gifts and $10 in $1 gifts. Won the SVETLANA and 150000 creds plus other minor stuff in those $1 boxes. To be honest I enjoyed the Santa Gift box event, a lot. It just felt good and I feel was worth what I could afford. My thanks to WG.

• Cool 1

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Yep, I spent nearly double what you did and I got freaking 13 Damn Izuchis in the process because I was mining Admirals gifts for those crack cocaine restless fire camos lol

DANG! 13 of them lol

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

I never got any $1 boxes...

I think I will get some when I get home.

~B

They might hold some surprises for you, granted the amounts of camo and doubloons they give is less, but still, for a buck, worth it.

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

It took me a 40 bucks to get one ship.

That's about how I felt with the first hundred bucks I spent on them, got a ship but it was towards the end of opening the ones that I purchased, that was another reason I basically stopped with the $5. boxes, the $3. ones started producing more and better rewards, good luck if you try any more of them, hope you get what you may be wanting.

[WLDD]
Beta Testers
483 posts
5,541 battles

The $3 boxes are really where you get the best things from overall.  I was only able to get 5 of them, but I ended up getting the Anshan, Blyskawica, and Texas out of them.  Wish I could get more.

Members
415 posts
6,404 battles

It's all pixels that you don't own, and once you get sick of the game they're worth what they are now, exactly nothing.   BUT, if their imagined possession in an unreal world of seduction and rubles brings Us happiness, we can, I suppose, find some solace that it's filthy lucre thrown at some semblance of passing time in good sport.