Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_HerrscherOfTheVoid

When Satan takes over your rudder...

13 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
737 posts
9,014 battles

wth?! WG... pls fix

My rudder just refused to turn left 2 times... like wth?!
It was like it was telling me: "YOLO RUSH! NO COWARDICE! FULL SPEED AHEAD!!!"

[OBS]
Members
1,277 posts
12,014 battles

Has been happening to me more again lately, sometimes it takes a second and even a third try to get it to respond; very unhealthy occurrence.  Many times I've taken significant damage due to the second or two delay of trying to get a rudder response.  Very much doubt it is on my end, have no other issues i.e. lag, graphics etc.  System is above and beyond in every spec.

I started a topic on this a month ago and got nothing, just someone suggesting I turn off collision avoidance, a thing which I discarded long ago.

Edited by BullHalsey

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

Known mysterious issue. I have so many deaths with the Kiev because of this, dat moment when you are at 48kts and your ship won't turn :(

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

Yep, its very frustrating!

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,885 posts
21,761 battles

oh dear, I hate it when this happens! and it always happens at a "bad" moment too!:hiding:

[CK5]
Members
1,936 posts
23,567 battles

The same happens regularly to me.  After sailing straight into an island for one too many times, I now pay close attention to the rudder shift indicator.  

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

Personally it happens often enough I was starting to wonder if someone else was intercepting my keystrokes... those dastardly reds! 

Alpha Tester
1,914 posts
8,490 battles

I've had it many times when A/D refuses to turn the ship. Generally speaking mashing it many times or switching to Q/E instead fixes the problem for me.

[VOP]
Members
628 posts
12,108 battles

Feel your pain OP. Been there and have been ran into islands or other ships because of it. This is a known issue beyond the collision system and needs to be corrected. I have had this happen to me numerous times without the collision system enabled over many updates now.  Send them a ticket and nag them. Do not know what good it would do though but it is worth a try.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

...but instead of rudder visk you get a man polishing torpedoes... is this not a fair thing ? Danka... 

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

This... it has cost me dearly, so many times XD

Sign in to follow this