You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jeffreywalker74656

Permanent Camo, Why none for Colorado

55 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

All other US Navy Tier 7 ships have permanent camo now. And with the upcoming release of permanent camo for all the remaining Tier 6 US Navy ships New Mexico, Farragut, Independence, (Cleveland has had it for a long while) why are the devs neglecting Colorado at Tier 7. I know she is maligned a bit in the community but as a collector of US Navy ships having her in a nice credit saving camo for long term use is important. The existing standard camo's don't look the best on Colorado so she is in desperate need of a solid permanent camo that fits her uniquely shaped upper works. Hopefully it will be coming soon.

Members
2,632 posts
10,276 battles

It takes them a while sometimes. All the other Tier 7 cruisers had perm camos for weeks (maybe months even, I can't remember) before Pensacola got hers.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,166 posts
30,915 battles

All other US Navy Tier 7 ships have permanent camo now. And with the upcoming release of permanent camo for all the remaining Tier 6 US Navy ships New Mexico, Farragut, Independence, (Cleveland has had it for a long while) why are the devs neglecting Colorado at Tier 7. I know she is maligned a bit in the community but as a collector of US Navy ships having her in a nice credit saving camo for long term use is important. The existing standard camo's don't look the best on Colorado so she is in desperate need of a solid permanent camo that fits her uniquely shaped upper works. Hopefully it will be coming soon.

There are still numerous ships ingame that do not have Perma-Camo access.  For instance, I really want it for Amagi as she is the only Tier VIII BB without one.

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

There are still numerous ships ingame that do not have Perma-Camo access.  For instance, I really want it for Amagi as she is the only Tier VIII BB without one.

Amagi is getting Perma Camo in the 0.60 patch as see here http://​http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/106078-hops-guide-to-permanent-camos-for-standard-ships-and-also-a-couple-others/page__pid__2597199#entry2597199

[NFE]
Members
98 posts
5,486 battles

My best guess is that most people work on free xping past the Colorado.

I will say that adding a premium camo to the ship may curb some of that.

Alpha Tester
4,252 posts
9,421 battles

I don't bother with permanent camo even if it is 'better' bonus-wise since WoWS gives out other camo types like candy.

Why bother wasting the Doubloons?

Also, I move my Cpts to the next higher ship in the tech line & sell the earlier ship (stripped down) so what is the point of permanent camo?

Even my keeper elite ships have enough camo options to not be bothered with permanent ones

(except my Iwaki , Arkansas,  Emden & Diana, lol - they get free perma camo).

Edited by aethervox

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

My best guess is that most people work on free xping past the Colorado.

I will say that adding a premium camo to the ship may curb some of that.

Even with Montana in my port I still love the good ole Colorado. She may not be the best ship at the tier but as a big US Navy fan she is one of my favs. 

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

I don't bother with permanent camo even if it is 'better' bonus-wise since WoWS gives out other camo types like candy.

Why bother wasting the Doubloons?

Also, I move my Cpts to the next higher ship in the tech line & sell the earlier ship (stripped down) so what is the point of permanent camo?

Even my keeper elite ships have enough camo options to not be bothered with permanent ones.

Some of us collect ships of a certain line and want to have a nice unique flare to each of them. That is why they started doing Perma Camo to begin with. 
Edited by jeffreywalker74656

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,538 posts

Oddly, it should be an easy thing since they can sell camo for 50gold that's the same on all the ships...  Just change the graphic, right?  Add a price tag in gold and make it permanent, right?

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

Oddly, it should be an easy thing since they can sell camo for 50gold that's the same on all the ships...  Just change the graphic, right?  Add a price tag in gold and make it permanent, right?

Actually the Permanent Camo is not a copy of any of the others offered for a ship. It is normally in national style/color but in a unique arrangement for each individual ship.

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

A month and a half later and nearing the launch of 0.6.2 can we please have a perma camo for Colorado Devs ? 

Edited by jeffreywalker74656
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

A month and a half later and nearing the launch of 0.6.2 can we please have a perma camo for Colorado Devs ? 

If it was coming this patch then it would've been in the patch notes for the test sever as well as available in the test server. Not to mention perma camos usually get leaked well in advance of being released. Once you see it leaked, it's usually a safe bet that they'll release the camo a few weeks down the road or in a patch or two.

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

If it was coming this patch then it would've been in the patch notes for the test sever as well as available in the test server. Not to mention perma camos usually get leaked well in advance of being released. Once you see it leaked, it's usually a safe bet that they'll release the camo a few weeks down the road or in a patch or two.

I know and I haven't seen it hence why I wanted to request it once again. I know it wont (99 percent probability it wont) be in 0.6.2. but I hope maybe in 0.6.3. or at least sometime soon. Its really odd her being the only tech tree tier 7 in the game without a permanent camo. Kinda unusual to be the lone Tier 7 without it. 

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I know and I haven't seen it hence why I wanted to request it once again. I know it wont (99 percent probability it wont) be in 0.6.2. but I hope maybe in 0.6.3. or at least sometime soon. Its really odd her being the only tech tree tier 7 in the game without a permanent camo. Kinda unusual to be the lone Tier 7 without it. 

I agree that it is a little unusual.

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

IIRC permanent camouflages were originally implemented specifically for ships that were commonly "keepers" based on which ships players were actually keeping and continuing to play even after unlocking the next ship in the line.

The Colorado most certainly did not meet that definition for quite a long time, and even buffing her up to a more usable state hasn't done much for her reputation when Nagato and Gneisenau seem to readily outshine her.

I think her status as the only tier 7 that has not received a permanent camouflage is a tacit acknowledgement by WG of what a poor state she is in even after the buffs.

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

IIRC permanent camouflages were originally implemented specifically for ships that were commonly "keepers" based on which ships players were actually keeping and continuing to play even after unlocking the next ship in the line.

The Colorado most certainly did not meet that definition for quite a long time, and even buffing her up to a more usable state hasn't done much for her reputation when Nagato and Gneisenau seem to readily outshine her.

I think her status as the only tier 7 that has not received a permanent camouflage is a tacit acknowledgement by WG of what a poor state she is in even after the buffs.

Maybe so but many of us do collect ships (myself included) and honestly they are only costing themselves money by not selling a camo for her. Money they would easily make up by a few hundred world wide sales of a perma camo for her (which we know for a fact would happen because its useful) It just doesn't make sense. I would say that ships like the German DD's are far less functional than Colorado yet they have the perma camo.

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

Maybe so but many of us do collect ships (myself included) and honestly they are only costing themselves money by not selling a camo for her. Money they would easily make up by a few hundred world wide sales of a perma camo for her (which we know for a fact would happen because its useful) It just doesn't make sense. I would say that ships like the German DD's are far less functional than Colorado yet they have the perma camo.

I'm curious how many ship collectors there are out there who would be willing to shell out for permanent camo. I don't know if WG has even done any market research on this area to determine if it's worth their time. (come to think of it, I can't remember the last time they sent me one of those surveys) I can definitely see how it would look like a low priority for WG's art team compared to, for example, getting the skins done for upcoming premium and tech-tree ships.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the German DD's less functional. They seem pretty well-balanced all-rounders to me, but I think that's also beside the point. It seems clear to me that someone decided at some point that all new lines going forward should have permanent camo from tier 6 up. They just haven't gotten around to addressing one or two of the old holdovers yet. I imagine they're filling them in as they have spare time, in an order based on the popularity of the ship.

Colorado being unloved is become a self-fulfilling prophecy, though. Currently the only thing keeping me from re-buying the Colorado is that very lack of a flashy permanent camo.

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

I'm curious how many ship collectors there are out there who would be willing to shell out for permanent camo. I don't know if WG has even done any market research on this area to determine if it's worth their time. (come to think of it, I can't remember the last time they sent me one of those surveys) I can definitely see how it would look like a low priority for WG's art team compared to, for example, getting the skins done for upcoming premium and tech-tree ships.

I wouldn't go so far as to call the German DD's less functional. They seem pretty well-balanced all-rounders to me, but I think that's also beside the point. It seems clear to me that someone decided at some point that all new lines going forward should have permanent camo from tier 6 up. They just haven't gotten around to addressing one or two of the old holdovers yet. I imagine they're filling them in as they have spare time, in an order based on the popularity of the ship.

Colorado being unloved is become a self-fulfilling prophecy, though. Currently the only thing keeping me from re-buying the Colorado is that very lack of a flashy permanent camo.

I have her active still like all the other ships of the USN line but 24K a pop camo everytime I take her out becomes discouraging. I really want her to have that shiny unique camo she deserves.

Members
16,315 posts
12,285 battles

They want players with loose wallets to suffer?

Does it really matter anymore? There's so many Camos out there that do exactly the same thing as perma camo it's almost pointless to purchase them just for a ship grind. Because she is such an odd boat for tier(slooooow) few players keep her after grinding through Colorado. She should still get the option though, look forward to seeing it when it is released. Hopefully WG does something other than the Cookie Cutter design.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
9,312 posts
18,907 battles

If they give it to Hak and Midway which get about 1/40th the games a fortnight of Colorado I can't see how a minimum popularity standard (if there is one) isn't being met...

Beta Testers
403 posts
17,129 battles

They want players with loose wallets to suffer?

Does it really matter anymore? There's so many Camos out there that do exactly the same thing as perma camo it's almost pointless to purchase them just for a ship grind. Because she is such an odd boat for tier(slooooow) few players keep her after grinding through Colorado. She should still get the option though, look forward to seeing it when it is released. Hopefully WG does something other than the Cookie Cutter design.

With many ships they have been doing camo based on historical camo a ship of the class actually used in WW2. There are multiple pics online of Colorado Class BB's in camo so hopefully we would get something like that. And It matters because some of us don't like flashy non realistic camo on our ships. I know at least a dozen players that aren't fans of the flashy camo. Realistic perma camo goes a long ways towards making a good number of folks enjoy the game more. 

Alpha Tester
444 posts
2,983 battles

If they give it to Hak and Midway which get about 1/40th the games a fortnight of Colorado I can't see how a minimum popularity standard (if there is one) isn't being met...

Sure, but how many of those players are actually keeping the ship once they get the NorCal? I'm pretty sure that's the metric WG said they look at back when permanent camo was first introduced. (before they started just doing them for every tier 6 and up with the new lines)