Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Mopping up Santa Convoy tasks is fun

28 comments in this topic

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

Completed last mission yesterday for Tirpitz camo, now finishing tasks for rewards.  Just started all the kill tasks, knocked them all out in one game.  Before this one I completed all last 3 500k tasks in one game as well, wish I've taken the screenshot...

J2pRxYQ.jpg

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,044 posts

I still have yet to get the Spree.. will get it tonight and Not sure I will get the others completed...:/

[RLGN]
Members
19,125 posts
35,147 battles

Just a a technical question stemming from not currently having a Tirpitz; if I earn that camo; will it show up later if/when I get a Tirpitz?

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

Just a a technical question stemming from not currently having a Tirpitz; if I earn that camo; will it show up later if/when I get a Tirpitz?

You need a Tirpitz to get that paint to begin with...

[PVE]
Members
12,058 posts
21,291 battles

True you can not complete the last task without the Tirpitz. That is good marketing. You can't complete the Santa campaign with out buying or having bought the Tirpitz.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Members
5,450 posts
21,020 battles

I still have yet to get the Spree.. will get it tonight and Not sure I will get the others completed...:/

I would focus on the tasks 1 and 3 than look at either 4 or 5, which ever is easiest for you. 

I've been Raiding the Convoy since Tuesday and I'm already on Mission 8 and I'll probably have it done really soon. 

Well I hope to get it done before the Ice Storm hits Missouri. Would hate to be so close to finishing the campaign only to lose power and internet. 

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,144 posts
22,075 battles

I'm behind as well, only just got Spee last night and completed the first single task mission in the convoy campaign.  Had way to many things going on the past few nights.  I didn't want to spend money on Spee so whatever prizes I can get in the time remaining to play the convoy campaign is fine by me.  I don't have premium account but have some a few T9/10 permanent camos and stronk premium ships to cycle through daily win bonuses...thinking I might focus on XP tasks for starts at least.  Hoping I can finish out to Tirpitz Camo, but doubt I will have time to mop-up any leftover tasks.

[-GPS-]
Members
2,954 posts
44,990 battles

Careful on the Santa's Convoy missions if you get a ship you already have.  I went into battle today in my "new" Farragut without ANY captain's skills.  New ship's captain came with one (1) skill point, but I didn't even assign that one.  Old commander with 16 points was in Reserve.  The "premium" camo is nice though.

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

This is what I did: every mission has the 2 XP tasks (bonus and unbonused) that give 5 pins, so you only need to complete ANY of other tasks at least once to complete the mission.  So, you always select the 2 XP tasks, and select 1 task that seems easy enough to complete in as few missions as possible (for example hit enemy ships 400 times that can be done in 2 games using VMF DDs).  On the off chance you fail to complete 1 pin task by time the two XP tasks are done (this has never happened to me), you can queue up all 3 non-XP tasks at the same time and play until you have it completed.  It's a little grindy, but I was able to finish Santa Convoy in 4 days, and that time includes the final Hunt mission.

Members
555 posts
11,596 battles

Santa mission is very easy.

You need to get 30k exp, all bonus included and 10k base exp you can run both mission at the same time.

And then you take your tirpitz and put gamerscon camo on it, then you are almost garantee to make 500k credit in one game.

There you have the 7 mission points you need to unlock the last mission, and last mission is just play a battle.

I got graf 4 days ago and i unlocked last missions today

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

I tried 500k tasks, but I did not want to spend any special camo.  With regular camo, premium ship, premium time, you are not guaranteed to hit 500k that often.  One time I queued 500k task together with XP tasks, and got it completed on the very last game to complete the 10k base XP mission...  So, while it works, it's not very reliable.  One time I was able to complete two 500k tasks in the time it takes to get 10k base XP.

Also, if you don't have the Tirpitz, you should consider your options.  Tier 9/10 premium camo with 100% bonus to XP and Papa Papa flags brings more free XP than Tirpitz with 50% XP 100% free XP camo plus Papa Papa flags.  Tirpitz with that camo wins on free XP only if you don't use Papa Papa flags.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

forget 500k  cred.  .  run 30k/10k and another one that does kill or hits.        put +100% camo on your best ship.     it should take you 6-7 matches without needing 500k . (which does require high tier premium or  great game in non premium)

it is much more consistent and easier IMHO.  I should have both  BBs done today.  I got 3 day premium to help out and it runs out today.  :D  then I will get the grafspee camo tomorrow .  no tirptiz, so no need to do the last one.

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

I sort of wish the optional Graf Spee camo had an additional bonus of some kind.  As it is, it's purely cosmetic.  For all that effort.

[WTFS]
Members
9,331 posts
13,756 battles

I finished all the Graf Spee tasks last night. Was quite satisfying. Now I'm mopping up Convoy tasks for the DC2 rewards. :P

Edited by TheKrimzonDemon

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

i will probably do all the 500k ones first. I have 3 ships to buy and that will wipe out most of my fund, so this event has helped a lot .  just need t8-10 ship sale.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,080 posts
60,070 battles

This is what I did: every mission has the 2 XP tasks (bonus and unbonused) that give 5 pins, so you only need to complete ANY of other tasks at least once to complete the mission.  So, you always select the 2 XP tasks, and select 1 task that seems easy enough to complete in as few missions as possible (for example hit enemy ships 400 times that can be done in 2 games using VMF DDs).  On the off chance you fail to complete 1 pin task by time the two XP tasks are done (this has never happened to me), you can queue up all 3 non-XP tasks at the same time and play until you have it completed.  It's a little grindy, but I was able to finish Santa Convoy in 4 days, and that time includes the final Hunt mission.

You need premium to have 3 active tasks.  Standard accounts can only do 2 at a time.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

You need premium to have 3 active tasks.  Standard accounts can only do 2 at a time.

Yeah...I keep the stockable premium time from the very last mission of first campaign for a big boost time, but Santa's convoy happened, so I pulled it out immediately. It really helps being able to complete three missions at a time...

[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles

Missouri.

500k Credit games with little to no effort.

Breezing my way through these missions, literally no challenge whatsoever.

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

Well, I can see how folks that don't have premium account or ship like Missouri get totally screwed if they did not buy Graf Spee...  The grind is significantly worse for those poor souls.  Still doable, but you have to play a lot of hours every day.  If you don't have all that time, you are not going to get through all the missions...

[WOLFB]
Members
1,110 posts
45,118 battles

I "won" the free Graf Spee on the first release of the last mission. I then went o the santa missions and for the first couple used the Mo to move ahead.

Once  I realized they were nether time consuming nor hard, I didn't even use the "500 credits" Mo to advance, I finished them yesterday to gt the Tirpitz camo,.

If I'm not mistaken there are still 5 days to go to complete those missions, anyone that wants to try could and should be able to do it within that time frame without having "bought" the Spee..

I love the Spee by the way, good fun....

The only "camo" I cared to win was Tirpitz and Graf Spee (I already had all the ships given as rewards, with higher rated Captains. So every time I "won" a ship, I had to go back and replace the "give away" captain, with the higher rated Captain I already had, as your normal captain was sent to reserve!!) 

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

100% done with spree and convoy. 

SANTACOMPLETE_zpsai1k0jmm.png

Annoys me that I can't complete the campaign.....Wish they did the exact same thing, except with Bismarck (i.e., you had to get a Bismarck yourself, it didn't come free with the mission).

Sign in to follow this