You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lord_Man_Hammer

Raise Co-oP XP Please

91 comments in this topic

Members
192 posts
1,647 battles

It would be a nice alternative to the [edited]teams that plague this game to just go  into a coop match an grind away for a few hours when the teams are so bad you win 1 or 2 in 20 matches.  It has been so bad lately that games just not fun to play.  It would be nice to grind xp an learn a ship in coop if the xp wasnt such a pittance. Double xp for Coop I say.

It shouldnt compete with random xp by any means but holy crapit would be nice to get some xp and not have to worry about 4-12 brain donors late at night when noones on but bots an idiots that can only hit forward with their ship control an wait till match is over but still get some where.

I would really love this game but teams are just bad.  Noone seems to care sub tier 6 if they win or not.  They just hit forward an deal with what comes.

I wish WOWS had a clan system like WoT does so players that want to get better can an not toil in the outhouse that is the general playerbase in random matches late at night when I play.

• Cool 3

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

The moment your WR in Co-Op is below 80% we can talk about that. Co-Op is far too easy for any kind of XP income.

• Cool 13

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
30,521 battles

Grinding in PvE is not that bad, just takes lots more time. I work nights and maintain my schedule on my days off so I play into the wee wee hours of the morning and I have a blast. There are always people that are not very good but remember some are still learning, some are taking out stock ships to try them out, and some people are just potatoes. Nothing to get upset about, remember in PvE you are competing with the other players for damage so if they are terrible you should do quite well. When there is hardly anyone playing and your team is mainly bots, switch to a CV. It is super fun to try and keep your friendly bots alive, you got a good view of the battlefield and have the speed of your planes to plug holes in your defenses. Serious fun, truly. BTW I find the Ranger is the perfect CV for this kind of play. 1/1/1 loadout and large hangar capacity makes her perfect IMHO.

Edited by Taylor3006

[-NOM-]
Members
473 posts
7,193 battles

Co-Op is just kind of there for new players, testing mechanics, or testing ships...... The whole point of the game is PvP so..... 

I only go on Co-Op to test new ships or just derp around with torpedos.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
648 posts
15,736 battles

The moment your WR in Co-Op is below 80% we can talk about that. Co-Op is far too easy for any kind of XP income.

There is only 1 tier 10 ship that has Co-Op win rate higher than 80% according to Warships.today. Co-Op win rates in general aren't very good above tier 8, Tirpitz win rate in Co-Op is only 81% right now.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

There is only 1 tier 10 ship that has Co-Op win rate higher than 80% according to Warships.today. Co-Op win rates in general aren't very good above tier 8, Tirpitz win rate in Co-Op is only 81% right now.

"win rate in Co-Op is only 81%" © ® Shokaku_1, 2017.

In all seriousness though, WG would prefer not to make Co-Op into a fully viable grinding platform because one of their revenue streams stems from how frustrating it can be at times to grind in Random. Frustration sells things like Free XP, premium time and premium ships. Besides, they have the Random population to guard at certain tiers where people might prefer Co-Op (especially 1-3 and 5-6).

In short, probably not gonna happen. More variety should come eventually though.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
30,521 battles

I can understand this. IMHO what happens is that you just don't make any money at all at upper tiers in PvE. The costs are the same as PvP but the payout on a win in PvE is the same as the payout on a loss in PvP. Therefore the only people using say tier 9 and 10 ships in PvE are those who #1 don't know any better or #2 people testing out new ships. BTW I love my Tirpitz, just got it in a Santa's Box and am killing bots left and right. I have no clue how someone could lose in that ship (in PvE).

Beta Testers
185 posts
2,522 battles

They're going to be adding proper PvE missions some time this year in the same vein as the Halloween mission. We'll have to see what the rewards are for it when that comes out.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

You do realize that's almost 30% higher than the best T10 ships in PvP. Take your "more co-op xp" pipe dream somewhere else.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

I'm going to guess that's because not many play that high, so there's more friendly bots.

[USCC]
Members
96 posts
17,310 battles

It would be great if Wargaming gave the co-op community it's own section of the forums to discuss PVE issue.

• Cool 3

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,536 posts

You do realize that's almost 30% higher than the best T10 ships in PvP. Take your "more co-op xp" pipe dream somewhere else.

If you don't play COOP other than to work of your pink, your opinion really doesn't matter.  It won't affect you so why do you bother even replying to such threads?  

I've played a little PvP (at a whopping just under 50 games) and found the difference between the payouts obscene.  I get 2k XP and 150k credits just for showing up.  I get 500xp and 50k credits for every 5k of damage I do after showing up.  For reference, that's about 500% more credits and XP than I get for being in the top 3 in coop.  To put it in even more perspective I get 2k XP and 150k credits when I hit over 100k damage in COOP.  Since the only difference I see between AI and players is that players will spend 99% of the game hiding behind an island and spewing toxic comments in chat with the rest of the game pretty much going the same way - once once side is 2-3 ships lower than the other side then aside from a miracle the game is pretty much over and the numerically superior team wins.  Toss in 4 extra ships per side and a mixed bag of aiming skills on both side, I'll take my chances with AI.

An AI that seems to be getting better at something in 0.6.  I've had fewer wins in 0.6 than 0.5.6 and I don't know if WG has added more survival skills to the AI, or they've gotten better at picking targets, or what but much fewer wins in 0.6 result in 6 survivors on the human side.  There have been a lot more matches where there were 2v2 situations at the end of the match.  Win rates should go down, and survival rates should fall.  I can't see WG no evaluating the payout for COOP after a month or so after 0.6 drops.  

• Cool 2

Members
136 posts
6,428 battles

If you don't play COOP other than to work of your pink, your opinion really doesn't matter.  It won't affect you so why do you bother even replying to such threads?  

I've played a little PvP (at a whopping just under 50 games) and found the difference between the payouts obscene.  I get 2k XP and 150k credits just for showing up.  I get 500xp and 50k credits for every 5k of damage I do after showing up.  For reference, that's about 500% more credits and XP than I get for being in the top 3 in coop.  To put it in even more perspective I get 2k XP and 150k credits when I hit over 100k damage in COOP.  Since the only difference I see between AI and players is that players will spend 99% of the game hiding behind an island and spewing toxic comments in chat with the rest of the game pretty much going the same way - once once side is 2-3 ships lower than the other side then aside from a miracle the game is pretty much over and the numerically superior team wins.  Toss in 4 extra ships per side and a mixed bag of aiming skills on both side, I'll take my chances with AI.

An AI that seems to be getting better at something in 0.6.  I've had fewer wins in 0.6 than 0.5.6 and I don't know if WG has added more survival skills to the AI, or they've gotten better at picking targets, or what but much fewer wins in 0.6 result in 6 survivors on the human side.  There have been a lot more matches where there were 2v2 situations at the end of the match.  Win rates should go down, and survival rates should fall.  I can't see WG no evaluating the payout for COOP after a month or so after 0.6 drops.  

Since when does PvP pay out 500k credits and 4k xp for doing 30k damage?
  • Cool 1

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,513 battles

It won't affect you so why do you bother even replying to such threads? 

<snip made up garbage and numbers>

Wrong.

Increasing the pve XP rewards will draw players away from pvp who are looking for the path of least resistance. The reward is proportional to the challenge, the average win rate in pve is 92.54% and the game overall needs to attract more players to it's main draw (pvp) and not the training mode (pve) that some players want to be a stand alone version of the game. Wargaming has already discussed expanding and adding to pve for players like you, stop asking for increased rewards to this version.

And before someone starts, I have nothing against pve-exclusive players. I am, however, staunchly against anything that would negatively impact pvp (the main draw of the game) and it's queues. 

• Cool 3

[LWC]
Alpha Tester
446 posts
8,380 battles

I have a SURE FIRE way to MORE THAN DOUBLE your XP in CO-OP with this ONE EASY TRICK! Ask me how! 

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Since the only difference I see between AI and players is that players will spend 99% of the game hiding behind an island and spewing toxic comments in chat with the rest of the game pretty much going the same way 

Yes, but these are MAJOR issues, so major that players leave PvP to avoid them.

PvP will always have substantially greater rewards, apparently that's the only thing keeping below 50% players and those who would otherwise avoid the rampant toxicity.

I mean, you won't play PvP, so how else will WG retain queue sizes without bribing us to stay?

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Since when does PvP pay out 500k credits and 4k xp for doing 30k damage?

I just KNEW the whole "it's hard to amass credits in high tiers" was a filthy LIE!! :trollface:

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
6,075 battles

I just KNEW the whole "it's hard to amass credits in high tiers" was a filthy LIE!! :trollface:

Lies LIES LIES!! ALL LIES!

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Lies LIES LIES!! ALL LIES!

Gonna find out soon. Only 34K from Bismarck. (if I didn't know better, I'd swear somebody hacked my acct. and played my Gneis. No idea I had so many games in it already :D)

Edited by Skpstr

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

It would be great if Wargaming gave the co-op community it's own section of the forums to discuss PVE issue.

Excellent suggestion! We already have LWM including Co-Op in her ship reviews. Since the two modes have such radically different game play and most comments about ships performance and strategies in Random don't apply in Co-Op, our own section makes perfect sense. Wait...it makes perfect sense. Well you can bet that won't happen. :(
  • Cool 3

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

Wrong.

Increasing the pve XP rewards will draw players away from pvp who are looking for the path of least resistance. The reward is proportional to the challenge, the average win rate in pve is 92.54% and the game overall needs to attract more players to it's main draw (pvp) and not the training mode (pve) that some players want to be a stand alone version of the game. Wargaming has already discussed expanding and adding to pve for players like you, stop asking for increased rewards to this version.

And before someone starts, I have nothing against pve-exclusive players. I am, however, staunchly against anything that would negatively impact pvp (the main draw of the game) and it's queues. 

Ahhh...but is PvP REALLY the main draw of the game? If it is so fantastic and wonderful, why are you so afraid people will jump ship (pardon the pun) if PvE offers something as good? I thought Random players were a dedicated group that turned their nose up at "easy mode". Now you are saying they would leave in droves if PvE offered something as good as PvP? Please make up your mind. You keep contradicting yourself and confusing the rest of us. :)
  • Cool 3

[SOV]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,873 posts
11,513 battles

Ahhh...but is PvP REALLY the main draw of the game? If it is so fantastic and wonderful, why are you so afraid people will jump ship (pardon the pun) if PvE offers something as good? I thought Random players were a dedicated group that turned their nose up at "easy mode". Now you are saying they would leave in droves if PvE offered something as good as PvP? Please make up your mind. You keep contradicting yourself and confusing the rest of us. :)

No my friend, you are the one who is confused (and only you). I said the path of least resistance, not "the most fun". PvP is and will always be the main draw, but if you offer up increased rewards for a mode that allows a 92.54% average win rate then there will be (and always will be) a segment of players who will jump to that mode looking for the easiest way to earn experience - hence, the path of least resistance. PvE games are faster because so few are required to start a game, and objectives are ignored in order to farm bots, now add increased rewards and the fact your bot opponents only win 7.5% of the time and you will see pvp queues suffer. I don't seem to recall saying they would leave in droves either - but given how small the NA population is even a small (say, 5%) drop would be noticeable.

It has nothing to do with anything you brought up, and this phenomenon has been around forever in video games. Remember the Game Genie? 

Edited by Brohk

Beta Testers
648 posts
15,736 battles

I can understand this. IMHO what happens is that you just don't make any money at all at upper tiers in PvE. The costs are the same as PvP but the payout on a win in PvE is the same as the payout on a loss in PvP. Therefore the only people using say tier 9 and 10 ships in PvE are those who #1 don't know any better or #2 people testing out new ships. BTW I love my Tirpitz, just got it in a Santa's Box and am killing bots left and right. I have no clue how someone could lose in that ship (in PvE).

Obviously you don't play PvE, the service cost is 50% in PvE. I mostly play tier7+ PvE and I'm still making credits, with >100M to spend right now. It took me 134 PvE matches to level through Chapayaev (no camo, signal or flags, premium account for about half the games, no free-xp spent on this ship, not even premium consumables). Considering PvE game lengths are usually half of PvP, you only level through high tier ships in a little longer time than PvP. Of course if you want to use consumables, PvP would be be cheaper due to less games needed. 

Also I never mentioned anything about higher XP needed in PvE, I'm merely pointing out some players making comments here do not know PvE.

Members
2,462 posts
7,179 battles

No my friend, you are the one who is confused (and only you). I said the path of least resistance, not "the most fun". PvP is and will always be the main draw, but if you offer up increased rewards for a mode that allows a 92.54% average win rate then there will be (and always will be) a segment of players who will jump to that mode looking for the easiest way to earn experience - hence, the path of least resistance. PvE games are faster because so few are required to start a game, and objectives are ignored in order to farm bots, now add increased rewards and the fact your bot opponents only win 7.5% of the time and you will see pvp queues suffer. I don't seem to recall saying they would leave in droves either - but given how small the NA population is even a small (say, 5%) drop would be noticeable.

It has nothing to do with anything you brought up, and this phenomenon has been around forever in video games. Remember the Game Genie? 

Let me guess...you are equating the results in Armored Warfare with what you THINK will happen in WoWs? Sorry, but that doesn't fly. AW went down the crapper because they failed to fix the bugs and problems that existed since closed beta. And their priority was making $$$ hand-over-fist by pushing new Prem tanks and Prem accounts. WoWs isn't even vaguely similar to that. PvP games take longer because you have 90% of the players too afraid to even leave spawn. Since this game is ALL ABOUT "FUN", if one mode is more "fun" than the other, that mode will win out in game play. You Random players are focused on stats. PvE players couldn't care less about them. We play for enjoyment. When WG starts paying out cash money for doing well, maybe we will look at PvP. But for now, we remain in PvE and have fun.  If the wait to get into a  PvP game is your biggest worry, then maybe WG needs to make PvP MORE FUN TO PLAY.

[WOLF7]
Members
755 posts
23,849 battles

It would be a nice alternative to the [edited]teams that plague this game to just go  into a coop match an grind away for a few hours when the teams are so bad you win 1 or 2 in 20 matches.  It has been so bad lately that games just not fun to play.  It would be nice to grind xp an learn a ship in coop if the xp wasnt such a pittance. Double xp for Coop I say.

It shouldnt compete with random xp by any means but holy crapit would be nice to get some xp and not have to worry about 4-12 brain donors late at night when noones on but bots an idiots that can only hit forward with their ship control an wait till match is over but still get some where.

I would really love this game but teams are just bad.  Noone seems to care sub tier 6 if they win or not.  They just hit forward an deal with what comes.

I wish WOWS had a clan system like WoT does so players that want to get better can an not toil in the outhouse that is the general playerbase in random matches late at night when I play.

:facepalm: Gonna be honest I don't really know how to reply to this. Co-op does not need a xp increase as we have it currently. If we get something like Halloween event or Assault mode then yes you should get a bump xp.