You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Auriana

REMOVE **** SHARDS MAP

44 comments in this topic

Members
183 posts
6,603 battles

Remove this **** piece of poorly designed **** poor thought crap **** awful excuse of a map and FIRE the **** who designed it. This garbage map comes up every bloody 3rd DAMN battle!!!

Content Moderated by Mezurashi

Edited by Mezurashi

[SCCC]
Members
2,845 posts
11,099 battles

If anything remove caps in straight lines  (horizontal and vertical) diagonal is better  (wich would improve many maps)

Edit: also rageing in the forums will do nothing 

Edited by the_fog_invader

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Hi there, 

I sense there is a bit of negative emotion fuelling your post. 

Please, explain your criticisms of the map, because while I can never remember map names, I find most maps to be playable, maybe we could assist you with map tactics

Members
5,450 posts
21,020 battles

Shards used to be much worse but than they moved the islands a bit.

My only problem with the map is that giant island in the C cap. The game tends to bog down as both teams dig in and wait for the other campers to blink first. But other wise its an ok map with lots of good cover for all kinds of ships. 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Remove this **** piece of poorly designed **** poor thought crap **** awful excuse of a map and FIRE the **** who designed it. This garbage map comes up every bloody 3rd DAMN battle!!!

Content Moderated by Mezurashi

Sounds like the cry of another imbecile who went the long way around A/C and inadvertently (or willingly) left his team to die as a result.

The map is actually one of the most reliable places to win on if you understand how to win on it.  On a map like New Dawn, knowing the map strategy doesn't tip the crapshoot in your favor at all; Shards is the exact opposite.

Edited by Mezurashi

Members
6,586 posts
8,564 battles

Shards used to be much worse but than they moved the islands a bit.

My only problem with the map is that giant island in the C cap. The game tends to bog down as both teams dig in and wait for the other campers to blink first. But other wise its an ok map with lots of good cover for all kinds of ships. 

That's Shatter you're thinking of. OP is talking about Shards, the new map with a big cap in the center with A being close to the southern team, but open to easy fire from the north team, and the opposite for C.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

OP is 'triggered' by something, not sure what.  Perhaps a bit more explanation is in order?

I get that some maps are less likeable to some. 

I am a German BB main. Shatter gives me the clap, but I don't rage, I play like every other map: try to make aggressive plays that fit the map

Members
104 posts
2,032 battles

Hi there, 

I sense there is a bit of negative emotion fuelling your post. 

Please, explain your criticisms of the map, because while I can never remember map names, I find most maps to be playable, maybe we could assist you with map tactics

The map, for the thread's reference:

41l2Zrt.png

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

The map, for the thread's reference:

41l2Zrt.png

Eh, the map isn't a carrier of Zika like Shatter is. The OP is upset at the wrong map

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

That's Shatter you're thinking of. OP is talking about Shards, the new map with a big cap in the center with A being close to the southern team, but open to easy fire from the north team, and the opposite for C.

The biggest problems are people going for the cap farther away from where they spawned and going the long way.

It looks like you shouldn't head to the cap nearest to your team's spawn because you'd be pinned against landmasses by doing so, but the kicker is that you're closer.  You have the opportunity to take up positions within the terrain to trap those on the other team stupid enough to go that way, or, at the very least, you can position yourself in a way to effect an escape quickly.  Take the cap in A: enemy ships will almost always approach from bow-on, lessening the danger to your ships while they're broadside.  Wait for them to come to you, open fire, then either hide under smoke or slip between one of the islands to the outside and flank them while behind cover.  On that note, the outer areas in both caps shouldn't be used except to harbor damaged ships that are fishing for a safer angle or to hunt down said ships depending on which team you're on.  There are instances, however, in which sneaking wide and capping/attacking from another angle can work.

Whichever team understands that and employs that knowledge in their battle tactics wins.  As I said, Shards is easily one of the most strategy-dependent maps.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
28,311 battles

Shatter isn't that bad of a map, the real cancer is Strait.

Not since it became T5 maximum (or at least a lot common for T4-6 if it wasn't changed).  Back when T6 and T7 could see it regularly, half the battleships in the game at that point could spawncamp the enemy CAs, and CVs could shuttle a strike package from end-to-end in just under 2 minutes - Saipan in less.  Now the only one that can effectively is Kongo, and T5 CVs don't have the same strike power as T6 and T7 ones.

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
104 posts
2,032 battles

Not since it became T5 maximum.  Back when T6 and T7 could see it, half the battleships in the game could spawncamp the enemy CAs.  Now the only one that can effectively is Kongo.

Are we playing the same game? I see plenty of Strait matches in my Aoba

Members
5,450 posts
21,020 battles

Ah, I'm always getting map names confused. Guess I spend more time fighting on the map to remember its name. 

Shards is one of those maps that confuses teams on what they should be doing, which is to focus on securing two neighboring caps.

But my issue with Shards is that island at G7, it seems to be a battleship camping spot. I once saw 4 battle ships and a cruiser trying to hid behind that rock. The enemy team rushed them and they panicked rushed the nearest piece of cover. It would have been fall out of your chair funny if it wasn't my team getting stomped. 

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

Shards is definitely one of my least favorite maps. I would not weep one bit seeing it gone, if only because of the salt it generates within me when people do the opposite of what Tengu was suggesting... Which... Seems to be almost every match. I'm also not the biggest fan of Land of Fire, but my best friend loves that map.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Shards, Shatter, Strait. Worst maps in the game. Thoroughly sick of Shards now, but since Ive stopped playing T5 and T6 almost entirely, I dont see Strait.

Realky wish theyd give us a map choice in the MM, and put some effort into new maps.

[RUSS]
Members
548 posts
3,998 battles

I honestly thought that only WoT had butthurt players.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I don't mind shard,  love shatter  

the key to most map is to control the center  and one of the sides.        I just hate seeing players that goes to the edge on both of these maps and take themselves out of the battle (usually leading to a loss).      I love going to center of shatteright.r in my DD.   I've done it with udaloi for close in knife fight, and was favorite map in one of the ranked season.   (when we had t6-7)      

I am starting to prefer upper tier than lower/mid now.  the match is bit more consistent and less stupid.