You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RECON_RANGER

How do you turn battle chat off?

29 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

I can't find the button to turn chat off.  Please help.  If you can't turn it off I am going to put duct-tape on my 32 inch TV to cover it up. 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
454 posts
10,431 battles

think there a mod that hides it?  Other wise have fun with the tape

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

How bout just ignoring the stupid people and using the chat to play the game and work with your team?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
30,521 battles

I can't find the button to turn chat off.  Please help.  If you can't turn it off I am going to put duct-tape on my 32 inch TV to cover it up.

There is a way to turn it all off, you don't need a mod. I just don't remember offhanded how its done.

Members
3,229 posts
7,820 battles

If you can't communicate with your team and can't see what they are communicating to you, play CO-OP.  You are of no use to anyone if you can't/won't communicate.

• Cool 5

Members
192 posts
1,647 battles

use aslains modpack.  it has a mod that removes chat altogether.  I use it to prevent me yelling at idiots all day.  They appreciate their blissful idiocy and I can go on playing this game.

• Cool 1

Members
192 posts
1,647 battles

If you can't communicate with your team and can't see what they are communicating to you, play CO-OP.  You are of no use to anyone if you can't/won't communicate.

yeah dude.   like there is SO MUCH useful chatter in matches.    If i heard one single pubbie trying to get people to do something cohesive in a match i'd die of shock.

People who like to hit one button an go in a direction til the match is over fill this game.  It would be so much better if this game had a clan system for wars to weed out the chaffe that just float around like a rubber duck.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
245 posts
5,890 battles

Thanks, I used the mod to turn it off completely.  Pubs in WOWS's are worse than WOT's.   I have no use for chat, seeing it, or typing in it. Game chat in a WG game is CANCER. 

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
11,838 posts
30,521 battles

Thanks, I used the mod to turn it off completely.  Pubs in WOWS's are worse than WOT's.   I have no use for chat, seeing it, or typing in it. Game chat in a WG game is CANCER.

Recon in a game, there is a little "x" by the chat box (where you type). If I am remembering right, it will disable chat.
  • Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
20,155 posts
6,159 battles

yeah dude.   like there is SO MUCH useful chatter in matches.    If i heard one single pubbie trying to get people to do something cohesive in a match i'd die of shock.

People who like to hit one button an go in a direction til the match is over fill this game.  It would be so much better if this game had a clan system for wars to weed out the chaffe that just float around like a rubber duck.

In my experience 3/4 of my games have someone asking "Where to", and is responded with A, B or C. There is usually lots of joking and discussion, and team players use the team chat to tell people that they are laying smoke or scouting or tanking. There is cancer at times, and quite a bit of salt, but those aren't very common. 

[SCCC]
Members
2,845 posts
11,099 battles

have fun losing more games 

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles

I wouldn't like to turn the chat window off, but I'd like to darken the background. Often I cant read what's in the chat window due to the background lighting.

[PLPT]
Members
4,435 posts
6,599 battles

Congrats, you're now the worthless potato that causes all the rage in the first place. Good players are saying to keep the chat on. You must not be a good player.

[WALLY]
Beta Testers
1,413 posts
1,450 battles

51 battles and you want to turn chat off?

Maybe learn to play a bit more...

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

Maybe stop making noobish moves that raise the ire of your teammates? And you won't have to worry about toxicity in the chat....

I will say that every time I have had that kind of hate raised in my direction, I have earned it with a stupid move that probably cost the team that match... My personal goal for improvement in this game is to make those mistakes less. I will never eliminate them, no player will, but I can do my best to try.

Members
6,885 posts
14,856 battles

Maybe stop making noobish moves that raise the ire of your teammates? And you won't have to worry about toxicity in the chat....

But then you not be 'noobish' you need to play games.  Toxic chat makes for less games and MORE 'noobish' issues.  Using chat to guide a person is a FAR, FAR, better suggestion.  Not everyone is instant elite.

I disable chat for those that are toxic so chat can still be used.  Takes a couple seconds and it is soo00 nice.  I usually say something in chat about how nice it is when I do disable chat for toxic folks.

• Cool 1

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

But then you not be 'noobish' you need to play games.  Toxic chat makes for less games and MORE 'noobish' issues.  Using chat to guide a person is a FAR, FAR, better suggestion.  Not everyone is instant elite.

I disable chat for those that are toxic so chat can still be used.  Takes a couple seconds and it is soo00 nice.  I usually say something in chat about how nice it is when I do disable chat for toxic folks.

Way to cherry pick my statement to make an improper point. 

If you had included the rest of it.... You would have noticed that I readily admit, almost every time I have raised the ire of my teammates in chat, it has been due to a stupid decision that likely lost the match on my shoulders.

There have been a few times I have been derided, where in the end, we win the battle and I am on top of the leader board, but those are so few and far between.

The way I look at players being toxic to me is: "What did I do wrong that did / could have cost us the match, and how can I avoid that mistake in the future." And I am far from elite.... Nor do I pretend to be, what makes me different, is I am ALWAYS trying to improve. But if I see somebody doing something stupid, you can be sure I am going to call them out on it.

I am an [edited], and will admit it:popcorn:

Edited by twitch133

Members
6,885 posts
14,856 battles

Way to cherry pick my statement to make an improper point. 

Actually- the rest did not pertain to the point in reality. Unless there was intended sarcasm that did not get accurately conveyed in your use of the term 'noobish' which to me is - for lack of a better term - derogatory in how it was used.

Members
47 posts

Admit it. It's all 'Sh1t team' talk from sunken admirals and backseat drivers gibberish.

What we need is on/off switch with dust filters. Current chatbox is just... primitive.

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

Actually- the rest did not pertain to the point in reality. Unless there was intended sarcasm that did not get accurately conveyed in your use of the term 'noobish' which to me is - for lack of a better term - derogatory in how it was used.

I have bolded the point I am addressing first, It is and was. I will be the first to admit, from my Battlefield: Bad Company days, I am a bit of and elitist. Most of the time I have what it takes to back it up, either the immediate skill, the desire to win, or the willingness to learn from my mistakes so I will win the next time.

The part you ignored was integral, as I am still willing to admit when I make scrub mistakes, and that any hate I get for those mistakes is well deserved.

The overall point, which seemed to have flown a mile over the target audience's head (of course it would, they have no desire to improve, just coast along in game, because they are oblivious.) Is that, if you are not willing to improve, and / or, cannot take any kind of feedback like that, constructive or not ( it rarely is) Maybe, just MAYBE.... the internet is not the correct place for you.

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

Admit it. It's all 'Sh1t team' talk from sunken admirals and backseat drivers gibberish.

What we need is on/off switch with dust filters. Current chatbox is just... primitive.

Nah, the only change they need is in the interface... it is crap. I am tired of wasting consumables because I am not chatting when I though I was.

A Battlefield style system... H= Hide, Show, Only when active options; J = server chat; K = team chat; L = Division chat. This press enter to enter chat and enter to send is so blocky of an interface, windows does better.

Members
512 posts
7,657 battles

I just block individual players.  If their chat is bad enough to make me block them I bless them with reports as well.  That said my using the report function is rare.

lol now watch, I'll find myself using my quota of reports every day for 2 solid weeks.