Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pyantoryng

Starting out on T6 via Santa's convoy

14 comments in this topic

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

As I don't have any ships offered on the Santa's convoy to begin with, I think it is a much cheaper way to start out at tier 6.

As 30k EXP and 10k base EXP go up together, I think it takes significantly less amount of EXP plus a side objective to start a line out on tier 6...For example, the Bayern itself costs around 50k EXP to reach from the König including prerequisites, and that do not include the EXP needed to reach König to begin with, which would number to 20k or so...and you can do this grind on multiple ships without conversion too.

That said, I pulled out my Type 6s and Equal Speed Charlie London stock and the premium time from the last mission of the first campaign to make this completable in a reasonable time...I've gained everything up to the Fuso right now...and apart from the Japanese BB line I have barely started out on all the lines of ships being offered.

The problem is that the completion of the campaign is behind a paywall that is Tirpitz...but that's okay...

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

i don't have tirpitz, which makes it easy not to finish it  :D.      I will get done enough to get the freebies as much as possible though.  :D

[GUTS]
[GUTS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,374 posts
29,399 battles

I got my Tirpitz for $3.

Now in regards to tier 6.

All are very good. Bayern and buddy are the 2 standouts.im up to tier 8 on the reward ships lines at a minimum.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

And bizarre... the campaign requires the Graf Spee to get started yet to win the permanent uber camo you play one battle in it.. ohkay... so why the Tirpitz? They should know by now if the person doesn't have the Tirp they won't buy her. Well, most of us won't at least. 

I was originally going to stop after the Farragut. But others made a clear point of pushing forward, just in case you need some T6 for clans or the next go round of Ranked. Plus the ships do get a permanent camo.. so I folded and am pushing forward. Will finish seven tonight and probably eight tomorrow. Then I suppose the remaining tasks on nine on the weekend. 

Then if by chance I get a Tirp somehow before it all ends, I'll have the camo. It would have been smarter, I feel, to have required any premium ship at Tier V or above to finish the mission. The camo could then sit around in your invisible but existing depot. When you did get the Tirp, you'd have the camo. 

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

Got the Bayern today...by repeating the module destruction mission, playing 200mm equipped cruisers (Yorck and one of the Myoko's) in Co-Op and HE spam on anything I could reach (I think I got over 10 incapacitation at once while shooting at a Blyskawica with a Myoko) as matches there rarely run to full time and I can do it much faster than 30kXP/10k base combo. That concludes the head-start for much less effort series...all that is left for me is the Spee paint, 'cause I haven't got Tirpitz.

Farragut is the best out of all the freebies being offered, hands down...though its arc is just ridiculous...

[CYPHR]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
157 posts
7,352 battles

I got 10k or 12k left on the 1st mission of the 4th task to get the spee so i could possibly get it tonight if i can get good games then on to get as much of the convoy missions done before next friday.

Edited by ceutermark

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

Never been so happy for giving up on the RN cruisers as soon as I touched the Caledon. Researching the Fiji should be doable now.

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

I got 10k or 12k left on the 1st mission of the 4th task to get the spee so i could possibly get it tonight if i can get good games then on to get as much of the convoy missions done before next friday.

Four days and a bit more (better take one day off the deadline to prevent miscalculations) to go...with premium time to do three missions at a time (for a grand total of 6 pins), a hefty supply of EXP-boosting paint and flags and a number of ships to do daily bonuses with, you should be able to do them all, from the Spee's 10pts commander to the Tirpitz paint (if you do have Tirpitz, otherwise there's no point) in 3-4 days' time after unlocking the Spee provided you don't meet with too long of lose streaks.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

with premium time, you can get all the ships in about 15-20 hours of play . and using coop for certain single pin is not a bad idea if can only do 2 at a time.      all the ships in the convoy are pretty strong.    they can all  be made to perform. at least no lemons there.  I already had farragut and bayern, so  extra 6mil would come in handy.   more port slot doesn't hurt either.  :D

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

Best 2 ships I got from the convoy would be Fuso and Buddy. I absolutely love the Fuso, yet refused to play Kawachi. Thanks Santa!

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles

Used to have the KFuso...and I think I have had enough of Kongo from Beta days when the only battleship line was Japan...so it's great to grab it this way.

Also save the lost EXP from retraining captains without gold too.

Beta Testers
36 posts
2,361 battles

Never been so happy for giving up on the RN cruisers as soon as I touched the Caledon. Researching the Fiji should be doable now.

Aw, I loved the Caledon!  That said I'm certainly not going to complain about skipping to the Leander, which has been great so far.

Sign in to follow this