You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Anumati

New changes to CV modules on the PTS

4 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,661 posts
7,501 battles

After reading a snippet on reddit by Sub_Octavian I went onto the PTS and tested myself.

The air servicing module now gives -15 percent service time.

Good.

Anything that gives a choice is nice, but the problem is that its not enough for USN CVs, especially at later tiers. USN CVs should get at a -30 percent at t7 and above.

The fighter module gives fighter HP and +50 percent ammo.

Bad bad bad bad holy crap this is bad.

USN CVs do not need more ammo WG.

The problem is that at t6/t7/t8 that their single fighter squadron simply cannot counter the fighter blobs that IJN can crap out at those tiers. Make different modules of IJN and USN.

USN should get much more HP from the module, probably 25-30 percent fighter HP. But with the buffed servicing module this would be an actual choice.

If at most, 5-10 percent more ammo, they have enough already.

The Saipan does not need this huge of a buff.

IJN should get more ammo and less HP gained but the entire module should be toned down. IJN is winning across the board and does not need the same modules USN has.

I have both t10s and played through both lines thoroughly and I have a solid understanding of balance. I don't want one side to be dramatically to be better than the other but I do want parity WG. This right now would just buff fighter loadouts that are still laughably bad and do nothing to fix the actual problem WG.

Please for the love of god, can we get a dev team to sit down and listen so we can just apply a few band aid quick patches that would fix a huge amount.

Edited by Anumati
  • Cool 2

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,886 battles

Bud all along you and I have been saying in this forum WG has no idea what they are doing with CVs.  I don't think that will ever change.

Its simply like they don't play them. 

• Cool 2

[KTKM]
Beta Testers
4,633 posts
4,076 battles

Bud all along you and I have been saying in this forum WG has no idea what they are doing with CVs.  I don't think that will ever change.

Its simply like they don't play them. 

I think WG wants people to stop using the strike US loadouts and stick with stock or AS, I wouldn't be surprised if they mysteriously disappeared after the rework.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,645 battles

I think WG wants people to stop using the strike US loadouts and stick with stock or AS, I wouldn't be surprised if they mysteriously disappeared after the rework.

If that's the case, they need to make them

1. Rewarding

2. Still able to influence the outcome of battle - since the best way for a CV to do this is damage, I consider it highly unlikely that this will happen because of point 3

3. They need enough fighter squadrons to actually be able to really contest IJN 2/2/2 3/2/2 2/3/3 and 4/2/2 loads. Right now they just can't.

Taking fighter load out right now means a few things. You get no reward because shoot downs are still worth about as much as a fart sandwich in a Michelin star restaurant. It also means you can only really do about 30%-40% damage as if you took a strike load. I do better in strike load against CV opposition a lot of the time than I do in 2/0/2 load because if fighters get my TBs and 1 DB group, I still have the full firepower of an AS CV left, but with more strike groups it's easier to bait or sneak in to an uncovered part of the map and drop a hammer that actually hits hard. Since you can't do damage, it's really hard to have meaningful impact on matches. My catch phrase is that "AS CVs make it harder to lose a match. Strike CVs make it easier to win." With a Strike CV you can push your team to victory by killing important targets. The best an AS CV can ever really do is zone out 1 enemy player, and for that herculean effort, the AS CV player is rewarded by having his chance of winning left entirely to the mercy of an 11vs11 random battle. You're basically a spectator who gets to work your [edited]off in order to have the privileged of watching your hard work get pissed away by ungrateful team mates.

They need to balance fighters between nations, and get the flavors in via the strike craft.

As so eloquently put by Clarkson on The Grand Tour

tumblr_oir98lMTfG1sd0k7to1_500.jpg

• Cool 1