Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Herr_Reitz

Congrats to WG for one heckuva Christmas Fund Raiser

22 comments in this topic

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

You need to give whomever came up with the Christmas container plan one heckuva bonus... trip to the Bahamas, some gold bars, something... I would expect, just by what one can read all over the net, this Christmas holiday was HUGELY successful for you.

Congratulations. 

It would also be "in the spirit" of Christmas to dole out a bit of coin above and beyond what you'd done in the past to aid and assist the preservation of those ships in need of help. Like the Texas. Or others around your gaming world. 

But mostly - and seriously - give those folks a raise. Wow. You struck literal gold .:yes_cap:

• Cool 7

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

I was thinking of all the ships they gave for free but then I thought they gave multiples of the same ship and it's "virtual assets" anyway.

Frankly, they should rebrand it and keep it year round. It's a great way to keep milking the big spenders.

Call it "guaranteed super container!"

Edited by CapnCappy
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
9,539 battles

I was thinking of all the ships they gave for free but then I thought they gave multiples of the same ship and it's "virtual assets" anyway.

Frankly, they should rebrand it and keep it year round. It's a great way to keep milking the big spenders.

Call it "guaranteed super container!"

Yup. I've seen a lot of people on here spend maybe 2,3,4x as much on the Santa Crates than they did all year.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,134 battles

Yup. I've seen a lot of people on here spend maybe 2,3,4x as much on the Santa Crates than they did all year.

Because who doesn't like opening presents?

Members
800 posts
7,359 battles

Gasha systems aren't something new, that's how most of the korean MMOs survive since the dawn of times. The difference is that over here they are pretty cheap and have a nice payout, probably because WG already got a good enough profit with the stuff they are giving away, premium ships price is pretty salty after all.

I don't think it's a bad thing compared with other games that had the best of their premium content only available to people with gambling addiction. I still have nightmares with the Wing Gundam Zero drops from SDGO.

Edited by ShiroDNL

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

You need to give whomever came up with the Christmas container plan one heckuva bonus... trip to the Bahamas, some gold bars, something... I would expect, just by what one can read all over the net, this Christmas holiday was HUGELY successful for you.

Congratulations.

It would also be "in the spirit" of Christmas to dole out a bit of coin above and beyond what you'd done in the past to aid and assist the preservation of those ships in need of help. Like the Texas. Or others around your gaming world.

But mostly - and seriously - give those folks a raise. Wow. You struck literal gold .:yes_cap:

I definitely agree ! Truly a gold mine for them . I was just talking to a friend about this when I saw this post , lol .    :honoring:

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
689 posts
21,229 battles

The randomness is baffling I myself have profited greatly in terms of premium ships and doubloons, not so much with the camos or flags.  My friend however has gotten basically nothing but camos, and he was the one that could have used the extra premium ships.  Just last night I grabbed a few more crates hoping for some camos and to my surprise I unwrapped 2 Lo Yangs, 2 Eugenes, Nikolai, and a handful of camo.  I had such great luck with ships I bought my friend a few more crates in the middle of my spree and lo and behold nothing but flags and camos for him.  I think this has been great for me but for some of the others I imagine how frustrated they are.

[GLF]
Members
582 posts
9,136 battles

I got jack from this event IMO,(two low level premiums I will never play, a handful of dubs and a million flags) but you are correct, I did waste money on this lottery. Money I probably would not have spent. I would never buy flags or camo intentionally. So yeah. Well played WG.

They did give me the graf spee. Just disappointed in myself for getting suck into the mystery box gimmick. Just saying I should have expected to not do well with the boxes. I'm not lucky like that.

Edited by Captain_Minke

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,873 battles

Unfortunately, I think they've 'cashed in' the game, so to speak.

Now everyone (with money) has every ship their heart desires...  and what's next?

Running out of things to... oh wait...  Wow..  That DD Shiminome sure looks neat with the three triple launchers...

..  Looks like that will be considered the 'ARP Myoko' of early 2016 fame...  very tough one for the wallet warriors to reach..

Beta Testers
345 posts
4,996 battles

Now everyone (with money) has every ship their heart desires...  and what's next?

Running out of things to... oh wait...  Wow..  That DD Shiminome sure looks neat with the three triple launchers...

..  Looks like that will be considered the 'ARP Myoko' of early 2016 fame...  very tough one for the wallet warriors to reach..

The games more popular than ever, you don't have a clue what you're talking about

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Look at this way, us Wallet Warriors/credit card commanders/Cash Captains let the game continue to be "free" for the poor/cheap/frugal people. See? Everybody wins!

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

Nope, all they've done is monetized their back catalog. All the ships and such are from 2015-2016, and have been available for a long time. Anybody who was going to buy them already bought them, and now a bunch of people who wouldn't have bought them directly have ended up paying money for them.

Now that that's out of the way, their next plan is to introduce and sell the 2017 models.

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Nope, all they've done is monetized their back catalog. All the ships and such are from 2015-2016, and have been available for a long time. Anybody who was going to buy them already bought them, and now a bunch of people who wouldn't have bought them directly have ended up paying money for them.

1. Which was ENTIRELY optional if they wanted to buy them from the start or wait till Santa presents. I don't recall WG putting a gun to anyones head

2. If they did them, they got them discounted from Santa boxs depending on total they spent. Some people got Atago's, Warspites, Tirpitz and Prinz Eugenz from a single $3 or $5 present. I'd say their patience paid of VERY well. 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

1. Which was ENTIRELY optional if they wanted to buy them from the start or wait till Santa presents. I don't recall WG putting a gun to anyones head

2. If they did them, they got them discounted from Santa boxs depending on total they spent. Some people got Atago's, Warspites, Tirpitz and Prinz Eugenz from a single $3 or $5 present. I'd say their patience paid of VERY well. 

Did you even read the post I was replying to?

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Did you even read the post I was replying to?

Yes. Unless your or his context makes utterly no sense, I don't know what I missed. Or are you both just whining?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

Yes. Unless your or his context makes utterly no sense, I don't know what I missed. Or are you both just whining?

He said WG has "cashed in" the game because everybody got all the things they wanted in Christmas boxes and now there's nothing left to work toward. I said all they did was sell out their back catalog, and 2017 will be new content.

Not sure why you're interpreting that as whining.

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

He said WG has "cashed in" the game because everybody got all the things they wanted in Christmas boxes and now there's nothing left to work toward. I said all they did was sell out their back catalog, and 2017 will be new content.

Wish makes utterly NO sense because its not real physical "stock" Its not like popular ships like Tirpy and Atag will just be gone suddenly now and there is no way for new players to never get them:sceptic:

Exceptions of course to Gremy, Nikolai and real soon, Kamikaze for other reasons

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
6,121 posts
27,964 battles

Wish makes utterly NO sense because its not real physical "stock" Its not like popular ships like Tirpy and Atag will just be gone suddenly now and there is no way for new players to never get them:sceptic:

Exceptions of course to Gremy, Nikolai and real soon, Kamikaze for other reasons

It's exactly because there is no physical stock that every ship that a player hasn't paid for is a missed revenue opportunity.

Consider Bob. Bob will never pay $60 for Atago but will buy lots of $3 boxes that include a chance for free ships (including Atago). If WG only offers Atago for $60, they will make $0 off Atago, as far as Bob goes. If WG offers $3 boxes, and Bob buys one that happened to contain Atago, they got $3 off Bob for Atago. Since Bob's copy of Atago cost them literally nothing extra to make, that's $3 of pure (marginal) profit.

Now, if getting Atago meant that Bob was going to lose interest in the game and stop playing/paying, then that would be bad. If Bob having Atago made other people not want to play anymore, that would also be bad. Their $3 gain would have been a long term loss. And that's what I think AVR_Project's post was getting at. But since there are already more than 50 new ships announced for 2017, and Bob will probably want some of them, Bob's $3 Atago is unlikely to have any of those negative effects.

Instead, Christmas boxes got Bob to pay $3 for Atago, with virtually no downside. Thus, it is a successful promotion.

Sign in to follow this