You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

The elusive Consumable Super Container...

21 comments in this topic

Members
1,870 posts
20,653 battles

...It does exist!!!

I haven't won a SC since 2 of them full of signal flags the very first week of the containers. For some of us if we didn't have bad luck we'd have no luck at all.

After experimenting with all of the choices I settled on the consumable containers as the best steady income for my fleet. The way I burn through them it's nice to know that every container will have 3 DC2s in it. Speed boost, repair party, radar, sonar...they can all be put to good use on one ship or another.

While providing a good steady income for the fleet after weeks of opening nothing but consumable containers I was beginning to wonder if they had super containers at all or if it was the 2nd sentence in the 1st paragraph.

Well this morning I FINALLY won one. After looking at it for a good 30 seconds all the while salivating over what it could be...100s of DC2s or speed boosts or repair party... oh lord how could any of them not help out my fleet. So I open it and guess what... 50,000 free XP. It was a let down but if you look at it as the final goal of using consumables is to help earn credits and XP this was just a short cut to that end. It is tempting me to push on to the Missouri and that could be a good thing or a bad one.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

free xp is one of the best rewards from them imo

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Haven't had a super container since the first week or so.... last one was 250 anti-det flags (which I greatly appreciate).

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,454 battles

I'll gladly take 50k free xp any time.

250 Juliet Whiskeys, on the other hand...

[-BWS]
Beta Testers
1,896 posts
13,911 battles

Awesome, I have received 10,000,000 credits, and 500 flags.

but I would like to see in the works some where like 250 gold or even 100

[BHSN]
Members
2,564 posts
4,522 battles

free xp is one of the best rewards from them imo

I would kind of agree. I was hoping for one of those 100K XP sc's to help with the missou grind. I never got one, got the missou anyway. but, on a slightly unrelated note, I think right now they still need to work on the algorithm for the 'try your luck' containers. 

you never get consumables. it's always flags, occasionally a camo or credits.

Edited by scruffycavetroll

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Awesome, I have received 10,000,000 credits, and 500 flags.

but I would like to see in the works some where like 250 gold or even 100

Some do give gold :D

Members
48 posts
4,297 battles

Last night I got an SC.... really impressive gift to me of 50,000 credits.  Not.  What a disappointment

[GLF]
Members
582 posts
9,136 battles

I have had good luck with these, free XP and the 10 million. Yesterday I was happy to get 5 ocean soul camo from a little TyL container.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Last night I got an SC.... really impressive gift to me of 50,000 credits.  Not.  What a disappointment

That wasnt a SC it was a normal one

Members
543 posts
6,806 battles

The first month I would get one about every 10 or so ~10%.  The last two months it's been about 3%.  Got two back to back though on new years.  Rewards were lame though one was 50k credits and forgot what the other one was.

[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,045 posts

3/4 of my SCs have been for 250 prem repair.

I have over 600 of them.  And 600 flags for the fire chances with risk to det 

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,150 battles

My favorite SC so far was the one I opened that had 250 Sierra Mike flags in it.

Like the Juliet Charlies, those flags are very difficult to earn, so I was happier to get that than the other ones with credits or Free XP.

Members
816 posts

Ive gotten consumeable SC a bunch since they came out, 2 250 dmg ctrl party, 3 250 of the stupid flooding flags i never use...., 2 250 flags for secondarys, 1 100 dragon flags *actually was happy with that*.  Best SC day I got 2 in a row... both flooding flags made me cry then i got a flooding one last night.... 750+ of those damn things now...

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I have over 600 of them.  And 600 flags for the fire chances with risk to det 

700 speed flags. I think the game is trying to tell me something. 

Beta Testers
408 posts
6,297 battles

I received a few SC's so far and they've all been consumables with flags and the such if memory serves correctly.

They must have been mostly premium damage control parties as I have about 400 right now and it's what I'm running on my Arizona and Missouri.

[NAVAL]
Banned
1,416 posts

Favs have been 1000 DB, 1500 DB and 20m coin.  

The Marblehead was not too bad either.

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
1,144 posts
22,141 battles

I earn at least 2 containers per day, but have still managed to only get 1 super container.  Up until about a month ago I would TYL on the second container earned in the day.  Now I'm just doing flags on the first container and premium  consumables on the second.