Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
epojokke

Getting Double strike and Close quarters expert with a Langley

10 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

That is funny and painful to watch (as your poor enemy CVs really show complete inexperience).

And I know you're not soliciting advice but you'll greatly increase your damage output on auto drops if you rotate your axis of attack, especially on DBs.

[-WD-]
Members
307 posts
16,918 battles

I wish I had WOWS recorder, I got a double ram in my hosho a few weeks ago, it was awesome 

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,909 battles

That is funny and painful to watch (as your poor enemy CVs really show complete inexperience).

And I know you're not soliciting advice but you'll greatly increase your damage output on auto drops if you rotate your axis of attack, especially on DBs.

Yeah, the enemy carriers weren't the best, but maybe one of their first games in a carrier.

I don't have any problems with torpedoes, generally speaking, but I cannot hit anything with manual divebomber drops. I have tried but failed every time. The only carrier I play is the Langley, and only when I feel like trying something different.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Yeah, the enemy carriers weren't the best, but maybe one of their first games in a carrier.

I don't have any problems with torpedoes, generally speaking, but I cannot hit anything with manual divebomber drops. I have tried but failed every time. The only carrier I play is the Langley, and only when I feel like trying something different.

Not manual drop, rotated axis on the auto drop.

After you click on your target, hold down the ALT key and click and hold the arrow in the attack ring. You can now rotate it. Rotate it so you always attack from front or back (full length of ship). Your damage and fires will greatly increase. It will also increase your auto-drop torp accuracy. I call them "semi-manual" drops.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
349 posts
6,277 battles

LOL I remember teh first time I found out CV's had secondaries. My Faragut with it's last 100 HP's closed in for what I thought was going to be an easy kill...very embarrassing. 

[RLGN]
Members
19,125 posts
35,147 battles

After you click on your target, hold down the ALT key and click and hold the arrow in the attack ring. You can now rotate it. Rotate it so you always attack from front or back (full length of ship). Your damage and fires will greatly increase. It will also increase your auto-drop torp accuracy. I call them "semi-manual" drops.

Think I've heard about this before, but not sure I've ever used the alt-rotate method. As a matter of course; I try to attack along the length of the ship anyway with DBs.

...and forgot to mention; also got a CQE recently in my Langley against a Minekaze!

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[DAS]
Members
1,084 posts
15,909 battles

Not manual drop, rotated axis on the auto drop.

Thanks. I'll give that a try next time I play my Langley.

Sign in to follow this