You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dridon

2k and 4k support

39 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
4 posts
9,584 battles

WG  how about u support the people that have actual PC's??   I run a 4k and my boy runs a 2k system and since we upgraded we both cant aim and lead for  crapnow.  your potatoe pos [edited]game is so geared to crap.  done spendign money and support this crap,.  GD [edited][edited].

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

WG  how about u support the people that have actual PC's??   I run a 4k and my boy runs a 2k system and since we upgraded we both cant aim and lead for  crapnow.  your potatoe pos [edited]game is so geared to crap.  done spendign money and support this crap,.  GD [edited][edited].

Your hurt my laptop's feelings. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,373 battles

It did take me a while to get used to aiming again when faced with the smaller ships and different zoom levels after upgrading from 1080p to 1440p last year, and can imagine the difference at 4k would be even more drastic.

GUI elements such as the crosshairs and minimap also shrunk noticeably.  The maximum available minimap size at 1440p is much smaller than what I had grown accustomed to (one tick below max at 1080p with the vanilla client) unless when using the "minimap with ship names" mod.

If the game scaled ideally, everything should remain the same size regardless of resolution, which should only be a matter of trading sharpness for frame rate based on your hardware specs.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,147 battles

'with actual PCs' sorry buddy but your monster that's over priced with a resolution that almost no humans can effectively use is not worth wargaming optimizing for only you. 

• Cool 2

Members
120 posts
2,499 battles

'with actual PCs' sorry buddy but your monster that's over priced with a resolution that almost no humans can effectively use is not worth wargaming optimizing for only you. 

I have a 2k monitor, so not only him.
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
561 posts
11,080 battles

I feel sorry for said boy. Some rough waters ahead.

That being said, this has got to be one of the dumbest posts in 2017, but it does have some entertainment value.

The Trump is strong with this one.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles

I play 4k since... forever and it works fine. My hit ratio seems fine as well-.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
6,614 battles

Look at Mr. Richie Rich here, complaining that WG doesn't support his super mega computer in 4K.

Note to Mr. Rich, software manufacturers aim for supporting the most PCs they can because that's where the money is.

[---]
Banned
6,739 posts
10,147 battles

... Microsoft Corp. chairman Bill Gates once said 640K of memory was more than anyone needed

does comparing with Gates makes you proud;)

With all due respect 4K is the upper limit of resolution that can be considered usable by the average human on the average sized computer monitor and in many instances, those with less than 20/20 eyesight, it's well beyond. This is a biological limitation, not a computational one. 

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

There are people who have to deal with a 1280x720 monitor, and you are complaining that a screen you can't even fit in your vision isn't compatible. How would you fit a 4096 pixel wide screen in your vision anyway, unless you got really wide eyes. 

If you don't like the game, quit it, no one is stopping you.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

I was meaning 4K, 2K I can see a reason for it but 4K? hell no. 

... Microsoft Corp. chairman Bill Gates once said 640K of memory was more than anyone needed

does comparing with Gates makes you proud;)

GIVE ME ALL THE PIXELS!!!!!!:izmena:

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

With all due respect 4K is the upper limit of resolution that can be considered usable by the average human on the average sized computer monitor and in many instances, those with less than 20/20 eyesight, it's well beyond. This is a biological limitation, not a computational one. 

Heresy! How dare you?!?!

[WG-CC]
[WG-CC]
Wiki Editor, Members
855 posts
9,538 battles

I run 2560x1440p output from 980ti SLI. The game runs fine for me. Use the dynamic cross hair. Remember that the time marks are not accurate for all ships. It is calculated to represent shell flight time to hit a target traveling 25ish kts. If a ship is travelling faster or slower, you need to estimate and fire on your best guess. Go into co-op and practice.

[AK]
Beta Testers
184 posts
27,391 battles

Running 2560 x 1600 with 980Ti , i7 4790k, 1GB SSD on a 30" Dell 3011U with max eye candy.

Game looks great and frame rate is 80 - 110. 

Use aslain's mod to increase size of mini-map.

Not sure what the OP is complaining about.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
486 posts
3,819 battles

Never thought I'd see someone blame their horrible aim on their PC being too stronk. Bravo. 

Yup. This is new. 8/10 excuse (docked points because he didn't post full system specs).