You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Ice

Who's gone over triple digits for Santa gifts? Did you score big? I think I over did it...

94 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Yeah....WG knows EXACTLY what they are doing with this thing. RNG has been VERY good to me amazingly enough and as a result, I'm basically at, say.... around "Half a grand" in spending on Santa gifts for myself  :trollface::amazed::hiding:

On top of finding out about the Tirpitz flip over doubloon *trick* yesterday, I broke my promise NOT to spend anymore yesterday to try that trick out and the restless fire camo's have been like crack for me and well.... and this is AFTER I used around 40,000 doubloons on free XP conversion to get my Yama and to get  180 days of premium

PiIq2jR.jpg

I was at around 1,200 Dragon flags after I won 999 from Admirals Presents

8Db8weO.jpg

13, yes, thats THIRTEEN Ishuichi's that I've gotten duplicates of from Admirals gifts in my desire to score more Restless fire camo's. Guess I won't need any new captains for IJN for a long time :yes_cap:

KVDwIoG.jpg

Oh yeah, and my five Emdens, and duplicate Tirptiz captains. Think im also good for free ship slots no?  :D

14kDHSP.jpg

So yeah, I basically got a new Armada after all said and done Lol!

• Emden x5  $8.99
  • Ishizuchi x13  $13.99
  • Indianapolis $34.99
  • Imperator Nikolai I  $19.99
  • Gremyashchy  $30 *I think?*
  • Molotov $22.99
  • Kutuzov $45.99
  • Ashan $19.99
  • Tirpitz x4  $54.99 Already had
  • Atago x2 47.86  Already had
  • Blyskawica $34.99
  • Warspite $30.99
  • Lo Lang $34.99
  • Sims $24.99
  • Prinz Eugen x2 $48.99

So if we say the Niko and Gremy were $25 at release because I can't find record of their costs, I scored $830 worth of ships alone! NOT counting the nearly two dozen random 1,000/1,500 doubloon crates I got and premium time AND flags which could put value of everything I got a nearly or even over  $1,000!  :amazed:

5TOoMNE.jpg?1

Took forever to get one of these, my only premium time drop. RNG Santa wanted me to have duplicate ships instead apparently 

hLLUQIL.jpg

But by far, the best gift from all this from old Salty Saint Nick has this been this very, very evil Stalinium powered toy. My God, NO wonder they banned this thing! :ohmy:  But thanks Santa!!

1SJMTeD.jpg?1

I have killed more carriers with the Gremy in the past week then I have in over a YEAR!

fjjH8Rm.jpg

Yeah.... This thing Gremy is BEYOND FLAT OUT unfair with Advanced Fire and Conceal Expert, holy sheet Batman!

Uqjik5c.jpg?2

And of course, the infamous Lenin powered Niko is at long last mine as well! Bwaahahhaa!

A54Lkg2.jpg

People don't like my new toy....

8gK9utW.jpg

"Now witness the fire power of this FULLY armed and operational Leninstation!"

4IUHWbw.jpg

Edited by Admiral_Ice
  • Cool 5

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Lol 13 Ishizuchis?? 

Yeah, I was honestly wondering how and why the hell RNG was doing that when I clearly had the ship several times. I mean, I like doubloons but still.....

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,147 battles

$500 on Santa boxes? :amazed:

Damn...

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,205 posts

My wallet thanks your wallet. And now I know where all the ships containers have gone... no wonder the rest of us poor slobs haven't won any! Ya pulled them all out of the system and sold them... 

Just think... their restless spirits are forever doomed to float about the servers, lost photons desiring only to sail upon the pixels seas but forever denied their dream. 

:hmm:

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

$500 on Santa boxes? :amazed:

Damn...

You know, he should have just bought the package that included all the premium ships. 
  • Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
7,896 posts
22,097 battles

You know, he should have just bought the package that included all the premium ships. 

He would have spent a bit less...but wouldn't have ended up with a metric ton of doubloons, 180 days premium, cargo ships full of camo and signal flags, a barracks full of 10-pt captains, and a harbor full of extra port slots.
  • Cool 6

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

He would not have had Gremyashchy and Imperator Nikolai I and all those camos and premium time. Me I've gotten only one ship, Gremyashchy in a 1 $ box. I already had all the others.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

Me I've gotten only one ship, Gremyashchy in a 1 $ box. I already had all the others.

Now THATS the best payout ever!  :great:  Beats the guy I met in game who got an Atago from $1 present lol! 

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

Just got the Prinz Eugan last night -- first draw in a $5 box.  I didn't open the other three.

This puts me well over $100 in boxes.  It's been a great Christmas.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

Also wouldn't have ended up with all the 10 point captains.

To me, those are worth more than the ships.

I guess it's a 'thing' here that you can't buy captain skill, but you can either earn it or win it in a chance like this.

[O_O]
Members
7,896 posts
22,097 battles

I keep buying the $3 boxes a pair at a time...but I am beginning to think they have already given out all the Gremyaschy's they intend to. :(  I was so hoping to finally be able to get one.

I felt pretty lucky when I scored Anshan and Sims, but haven't scored any ships in 12 days.  **Edit - just got Arizona

Edited by desmo_2

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

I keep buying the $3 boxes a pair at a time...but I am beginning to think they have already given out all the Gremyaschy's they intend to. :(  I was so hoping to finally be able to get one.

I felt pretty lucky when I scored Anshan and Sims, but haven't scored any ships in 12 days.

I got my Gremy and Niko from $3 box, but whatever you do, don't do $5 Admirals, those are mainly high end camo.

Buy $3 from 3-6 at a time to reduce chances of duplicates and seems to net better ship results.  You could also just go for doing $20-$25 worth of $1 presents as they also have chances of ships and you don't have to spend as much and if you get duplicates, well, thats extra doubloons for other stuff!

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,878 battles

I felt pretty lucky when I scored Anshan and Sims, but haven't scored any ships in 12 days.

Try playing nothing but VMF ships all day.

And not just the same one, but all the Russian ships you've got.

---Santa Claus is a computer program...  You've got to tell Santa what you want...

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,746 posts
4,573 battles

That is an astonishing amount of loot!

Any plans on dismissing some captains, or expanding your reserves?

[-WD-]
Members
307 posts
16,919 battles

I'm so sick of these posts. I spent $115 and got a Molotov and a ton of camo... I don't have money to throw around either I was just hoping for some premium or an Atago since I cant afford it. In the end I should have just directly bought them instead of thinking I'd get a better deal. That was a critical waste of money for me and now I cant afford to put anymore money towards this game, very disappointing. 

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

That is an astonishing amount of loot!

Any plans on dismissing some captains, or expanding your reserves?

I've already had to expand my reserves 3 times lol! Have the doubloons and I didn't want to waste those captains, so figured why not?

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

I've already had to expand my reserves 3 times lol! Have the doubloons and I didn't want to waste those captains, so figured why not?

If your reserve is full it expands it for the new captains anyway.

Beta Testers
2,319 posts
9,297 battles

If your reserve is full it expands it for the new captains anyway.

Not if you want to rotate captains around

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

All you do is fill it beforehand with free captains, then dismiss them when done getting the new ones from the boxes :D

[-AGW-]
Members
685 posts
3,944 battles

Try playing nothing but VMF ships all day.

And not just the same one, but all the Russian ships you've got.

---Santa Claus is a computer program...  You've got to tell Santa what you want...

I don't think that had anything to do with the selections. I got three ships, Arizona, Warspite, Gremyashchy. At the time I received them I had played 0, zip. nada Russian, or British ships....ever. I did not own any ships from those countries. I had not played a U.S. ship in months because I was grinding IJN and KM ships.

If anything, it seems like WG was trying to get me kick-started on the lines I did not play.

[OVRPN]
Members
87 posts
13,514 battles

On top of finding out about the Tirpitz flip over doubloon *trick* yesterday, I broke my promise NOT to spend anymore yesterday to try that trick out and the restless fire camo's have been like crack for me and well.... and this is AFTER I used around 40,000 doubloons on free XP conversion to get my Yama and to get  180 days of premium

What "trick" are you talking about???