Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Commander_LuXun

When will the holiday potatoes be gone?

36 comments in this topic

Members
11,026 posts
30,476 battles

Never, because "holiday potatoes" weren't a thing to begin with.

It's just something idiots refusing to accept responsibility for their own results made up to feel better about themselves.

• Cool 12

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,083 battles

It's not the holiday anymore but the potatoes are still here. I hope a potato famine occurs soon.

More bad people are just getting to higher tiers now that brute-force grinding has had time to work its magic.  That and EU, which is even worse at pushing than NA, esnt a number of people over here after WG EU assfucked them with a 1000-year old sequoia over the matter of Christmas events and the Graf Spee, so even more campers got seeded into the population.

Edited by TenguBlade
  • Cool 2

[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,892 posts
4,881 battles

Maybe because the Christmas convey is still going?

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

frankly, it is better today than weekend and it is better later in the evening.  I do tend to have better stats earlier though except WR can be up and down .  The  WG is really pushing people to get to higher tier,  which means more spuds even in t10.    oh well.   

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,757 posts
13,753 battles

I don't think it's the holidays but more about the free stuff in game.  When all these casuals are done getting the Spee and what they want out of the convoy missions they will crawl back under their rocks.  The last server spike I saw in terms of high player numbers was last year during the kamikaze pearl event.   One that ended everything back to "normal"

[NLIST]
Members
618 posts
8,201 battles

It's not the holiday anymore but the potatoes are still here. I hope a potato famine occurs soon.

I want the potatoes to be here! They either be tough potatoes or rotten tomatoes! :B

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

You all was once a potato.

And you forgot one important thing Its secret, but i will tell you. But you need handle consenquencies by yourself.

It s a GAME.

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
11,505 battles

Already made 2 videos about why. Already predicted that people will not understand why teams will continue to be bad for months.

1. Bad players spamming bad games for missions. Every campaign has xp missions that anyone can do. Bad players spam games and yolo die for missions because when you are bad yolo dying gets you the same xp as trying.

2. free tier 6-8 ships for people who suck. bad players will spam the campaign free 50% xp cammo ships because it gets them lots of xp that they can pay gold to convert for higher tier ships.

3. baddies think that they lose because they are low tier and not just crap players. so the worst players feel the strongest desire to have tier ten ships.

4. many new lines of ships. German bb's and german dd's are new for returning holiday players. so you have old hars trying new rhings and sucking at it.

There are many more reasons, hence why i made 2 videos.

Members
104 posts
2,032 battles

As the universe infinitely grows, so too does the potato sack.

But in all seriousness it's probably going to take until at least late spring before we see any rise in average player skill. It takes time to git gud, you know.

Members
2,646 posts
4,301 battles

You need to be happy for all the 'potatoes'.  The more people that play this game,  the better.  Games need high or at least decent populations or they get shut down.  Or you spend an hour waiting in a cue for a match.  Neither option is a good one.  So to be blunt, stop complaining.  Yea being stuck on a team that can't figure out which wait to point their ship is bad,  but online games NEED people.  So these potatoes?  They are no bad thing.  Take your lumps,  hit battle again,  and keep playing.  Its a game.  Do try to enjoy it.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

​What makes you think that you are not a potatoe...? :facepalm:

One day, potatoes will become self-aware and turn their weapons against us...

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

I was checked your stats.

Basicly you are more potato then me :D

And for somebody i am bigger potato then somebody else and so on.

[TG-38]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,307 posts
8,000 battles

I was checked your stats.

Basicly you are more potato then me :D

And for somebody i am bigger potato then somebody else and so on.

IM Potato, certainly recently!

[SYN]
Members
15,875 posts
12,803 battles

Maybe because the Christmas convey is still going?

I finished that yesterday.

[SALVO]
Members
5,337 posts
4,560 battles

I hope a potato famine occurs soon.

Hell no, potato is the basis of the food chain. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,106 posts

Well the damage farmers hope the crops stay lush. Read through a few threads of new players dumping hundreds on the Christmas gifts... then in the same thread (or reddit) saying "Now I just have to learn how to play this game". 

They will be here until they get tired of posting:

<fillinblank> ship is <fillinblank>

<fillinblank>ship is <fillinblank> how do I play it? 

Or... <fillinblank> ship is OP needs nerfed... or <fillinblank> being removed will fix the game. 

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

Ummm. . . you tell us?

With an average experience per battle of 786, you're really not one to be starting threads about Potatoes.  I wouldn't have started this thread.  You definitely shouldn't.

[LRM]
[LRM]
Members
2,958 posts
8,129 battles

Never, because "holiday potatoes" weren't a thing to begin with.

It's just something idiots refusing to accept responsibility for their own results made up to feel better about themselves.

I love it when I see people here that speak the truth.

Sign in to follow this