Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gurudennis

Leaked image of Tier 9 French BB

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

voDbJHE.png

:trollface:

Why tier 9? Because the tier 10 must look like the Eiffel Tower with a mustache, but my Photoshop skills are too feeble to portray such a beauty.

• Cool 10

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,862 posts
16,440 battles

now that I think of it, givent he dunkirk is tier 6, And with Alsaces being a tier 7/8, what will be tier 9 & 10 for the French BB line?:hmm:

Then again the Alsace did have 2-3 hull designs that the French purposed! 1 being for anti ship, another being AA heavy, and the last one focused on additional secondary guns but were rearanged differently than the first 2 suggested design layouts. Maybe WG will have 2 Alsaces classes, including an up-guned version....

Edited by BladedPheonix

[STORM]
Members
628 posts
20,829 battles

voDbJHE.png

:trollface:

Why tier 9? Because the tier 10 must look like the Eiffel Tower with a mustache, but my Photoshop skills are too feeble to portray such a beauty.

+1 Ha Ha Ha :D:trollface::D

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

The background is the flag.

OMG that's so sarcastic and demoralizing...but it's so funny and glorious...

But I'm kinda worried for the French bbs at high tiers...Big bow, and even if they are tough bows, huge barbette because of the ridiculous quad turret...

Supertester, In AlfaTesters
1,046 posts
284 battles

now that I think of it, givent he dunkirk is tier 6, And with Alsaces being a tier 7/8, what will be tier 9 & 10 for the French BB line?:hmm:

Then again the Alsace did have 2-3 hull designs that the French purposed! 1 being for anti ship, another being AA heavy, and the last one focused on additional secondary guns but were rearanged differently than the first 2 suggested design layouts. Maybe WG will have 2 Alsaces classes, including an up-guned version....

No, Alsace is in no way a tier 7/8 ship, it is a tier IX by all means. Just because Dunkerque is a tier VI doesn't mean you down tier Richelieu and Alsace.
Edited by Panzer20000

Members
325 posts
12,504 battles

For the sake of cognitive dissonance when it comes to white French flags I offer Borodino, Austerlitz, and the fact the treasonous American colonists would have never beaten the British as they did without the help of France, who were also at war with England.  Not to mention the US's first war after gaining independence was WITH France because the US decided not to pay the debts it owed to France under the pretense that since France had a new government after toppling the French Crown, the debts were cancelled.  The war ended with a treaty, no one country beat the other.  

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

For the sake of cognitive dissonance when it comes to white French flags I offer Borodino, Austerlitz, and the fact the treasonous American colonists would have never beaten the British as they did without the help of France, who were also at war with England.  Not to mention the US's first war after gaining independence was WITH France because the US decided not to pay the debts it owed to France under the pretense that since France had a new government after toppling the French Crown, the debts were cancelled.  The war ended with a treaty, no one country beat the other.  

FWIW, Borodino was a tactical victory and a strategic defeat for the French (some would say a strategic draw). Austerlitz, yeah, no contest there.

I think (I hope!) that the whole thing with teasing the French about their defeat and surrender is understood by everyone to be just a joke. France has a diverse and impressive portfolio of military victories. We are this very moment speaking a language that would be radically different if some Frenchmen hadn't "surrendered" at Hastings.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,054 posts
8,260 battles

Ah man, looking at that loaf of bread/stick is making me hungry now. -drools-

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,019 battles

Richelieu's almost as heavily-armored as Bismarck, carries some of the most powerful 15" guns ever made (arguably only inferior to the weapons the Italians made for the Littorios), and displaces as much as most T8 BBs: there's no way she could fit T7.  She may only have 8 380mm guns, but if she were to get 32mm of bow armor as a T8, that turns from disadvantage to severe advantage; no ship would be able to throw that much lead downrange while bow-tanking.  But I'm getting off-topic.

One or more of the Alsace designs will almost certainly be the T9.  Her design varied pretty much only in whether triple 15" (no1), triple 16"(no2), or quad 15" (no3) turrets were used; the three designs all used the A-B-X layout of turret and secondary battery.  WG will likely choose (no2) or (no3), since 9 15" guns, especially when the no1 design loses 2 guns facing forwards compared to Richelieu, is unlikely to fly even if the Alsace class displaced almost as much as the Iowas at 45000 tons.  With the 380mm/45 Modele 1935's ballistics, it may be more likely that they'll chose the 12x380mm guns for the sake of both uniqueness (all BBs at T9 use 8-9 16" guns, so a shotgun-type BB with 12 15" guns could certainly shake things up) and French national flavor of quad turrets, with an upgrade to 9x406mm if they're inclined to repeat the gun-swapping crap.

Edited by TenguBlade

Beta Testers
898 posts
14,840 battles

The background is the flag.

I know that is old joke but today really make my day.

Sri for all french that kind of joke neve can be old :D

[MWM]
Members
88 posts
2,361 battles

Then again the Alsace did have 2-3 hull designs that the French purposed! 1 being for anti ship, another being AA heavy, and the last one focused on additional secondary guns but were rearanged differently than the first 2 suggested design layouts. Maybe WG will have 2 Alsaces classes, including an up-guned version...

wut

Richelieu is T8 and Alsace (hopefully in her 3x4 15" variety) will be T9.  The questions are T7 and T10.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

I thought that was a Nikolai for a second, since there is no superstructure.

Sign in to follow this