Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RevolutionBlues

Would somebody care to explain this to me?

23 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

Damage saturation. Your own torp hit exhausted sectional damage so subsequent hits won't cause further damage

Normally that would make sense. However it was a long range shot meant for a battleship, and that moron went all "Get down Mr.President!" and dove in front of it. The torps were quite spread out and didn't strike the same area. 

[77ARC]
Beta Testers
263 posts

Potty mouth.

Hull thickness / composition at impact point, angle of hit, and the ever present damage roll variable.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

Normally that would make sense. However it was a long range shot meant for a battleship, and that moron went all "Get down Mr.President!" and dove in front of it. The torps were quite spread out and didn't strike the same area. 

Lol, funny quote.

However the only logical explanation I can think is damage saturation. No idea what else could have caused it to roll so low.

Members
1,451 posts
11,045 battles

It is possible for you to see the hits are spread out but the actual hit points are in fact quite close, or at least within one section. It can be caused by only slight server communication delay. I saw similar things happen many times...

But if you really sure it is not the case, always submit a ticket with replay so maybe we can get an official answer

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

It is possible for you to see the hits are spread out but the actual hit points are in fact quite close, or at least within one section. It can be caused by only slight server communication delay. I saw similar things happen many times...

But if you really sure it is not the case, always submit a ticket with replay so maybe we can get an official answer

"Our logs don't show anything"

Wait.. wrong game. 

[MAUS]
Members
13,698 posts

I would happily do so if I had thought to save it. 

Then the only logical answer is damage saturation.  Your torpedoes struck the same location repeatedly.  You can attempt to refute that, but without the replay, that's the only logical reason an Atlanta can survive multiple torpedo hits as you've described.  No further answer can be provided.  If that's not to your satisfaction, I'm sorry -- there's no other answer forthcoming.
  • Cool 1

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,680 battles

like its been said more then likely they hit in the same area. I have seen DDs take more then one torp and not die b4. there was a bug when SE came out that a DD could get dreadnought. 

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,360 battles

Well the only thing that WG hates more than USN ships is IJN torps.

The game got locked in a stalinium nerf paradox and the only solution was to apply the nearby BBs torpedo protection to the atlanta to avoid the desruction of the servers central quantum bias module.

:read_fish:

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

Potty mouth.

Hull thickness / composition at impact point, angle of hit, and the ever present damage roll variable.

- Torpedo damage reduction is based on hull section. All parts of that section have the same reduction

- Angle of hit is irrelevant

- WoWS does not have variable damage roll. There's RNG in dispersion, and some RNG in penetration (which is for AP only, and as such, doesn't even apply here). Once the shell penetrates, all damage is exact. 100% damage until the section saturates after which you get 0 damage. Overpens deal direct hull damage, as do fires and floods.

Edited by issm

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
11,692 battles

- Torpedo damage reduction is based on hull section. All parts of that section have the same reduction

- Angle of hit is irrelevant

- WoWS does not have variable damage roll. There's RNG in dispersion, and some RNG in penetration (which is for AP only, and as such, doesn't even apply here). Once the shell penetrates, all damage is exact. 100% damage until the section saturates after which you get 0 damage. Overpens deal direct hull damage, as do fires and floods.

issm log into the game please, not the forums.

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

Then the only logical answer is damage saturation.  Your torpedoes struck the same location repeatedly.  You can attempt to refute that, but without the replay, that's the only logical reason an Atlanta can survive multiple torpedo hits as you've described.  No further answer can be provided.  If that's not to your satisfaction, I'm sorry -- there's no other answer forthcoming.

I do understand the concept of damage saturation, and it would be a perfect explanation if not for the fact that the three that hit him were from the same salvo and had at least 8km to spread out before striking the ship. 
Edited by RevolutionBlues

[CUTE]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,048 posts
11,680 battles

Could be but if the ship is turning and had the speed they all could hit the same part.

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

Could be but if the ship is turning and had the speed they all could hit the same part.

I suppose that could be the case, but from what I could see the Atlanta was following roughly the same course the Gneis I was actually aiming for was which was more or less parallel to my ship.

Sign in to follow this