You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Carrier_Junyo

WG please bring back Team Battles - Petition

Would you like for Team Battles to be brought back?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like for Team Battles to be brought back?

• Yes, it would have great benefits and improve the game.
    • I do not mind either way. It would not affect how I play the game.
    • No. I believe Team Battles has negative impacts gameplay. See post for details.

16 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
381 posts
10,069 battles

You do understand that they are eventually coming back (if you bothered to read any of the news from announcements). 

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I vote no team battles unless and until first-order "I win" strategies such as trading smoke are addressed.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

I would have loved to play team battles, but there were never an teams short players.

Next time they need to set it up like Tank Companies, where anyone can join, and the team captain selects players.

Members
11,026 posts
30,429 battles

You remember what happened last time we had team battles, right?

It died from lack of participation.

World of Warships simply does not have the active "hardcore" population to sustain team battles.

Any kind of clan content that requires direct organised clan v clan fighting outside of randoms will suffer the same fate.

~~~~~~

A separate reason I'm against any kind of team or clan content is that communities are cancer.

Any kind of guild, or clan, or team, whatever it may be, will always become increasingly toxic towards anyone not inside that group over time.

While that kind of tribalism is simply natural to being human, there's no reason to encourage it with crap like clans and team battles.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
9,452 battles

World of Warships simply does not have the active "hardcore" population to sustain team battles.

Any kind of clan content that requires direct organised clan v clan fighting outside of randoms will suffer the same fate.

~~~~~~

A separate reason I'm against any kind of team or clan content is that communities are cancer.

Any kind of guild, or clan, or team, whatever it may be, will always become increasingly toxic towards anyone not inside that group over time.

While that kind of tribalism is simply natural to being human, there's no reason to encourage it with crap like clans and team battles.

cause hardcores are all on the forums...

Members
11,026 posts
30,429 battles

cause hardcores are all on the forums...

So I'm just making up how much of a failure team battles were, huh?

WG just isn't releasing season 2 because they don't want to overshadow the huge success the initial trial was.

Members
738 posts
6,483 battles

~~~~~~

Dude, what do you think you are writing a PhD Thesis? "tribalism" and "being human"? Are you kidding me?

Everyone I ever divisioned with or talked to all LOVED Team Battles. Some of the best times we had were creating groups and fighting in Teams, to get away from the utter boredom of doing the same crap over and over in Randoms or divisioning with only 2 others. 

Honestly, i am surprised that 27% of votes for far are against it. I thought nobody would be against an added game mode that encourages teamplay. 

"Communities are cancer" ? You have social issues m8? Everybody loves communities, it's one fo the most important parts of PvP and online multiplayer gameplay. Most people who play online are looking for communities, otherwise they would play solo offline!

And stop using cancer for anything that is not related to cancer. It is offensive to people who have cancer and it has nothing to do with a bloody game. 

Members
11,026 posts
30,429 battles

Dude, what do you think you are writing a PhD Thesis? "tribalism" and "being human"? Are you kidding me?

Everyone I ever divisioned with or talked to all LOVED Team Battles. Some of the best times we had were creating groups and fighting in Teams, to get away from the utter boredom of doing the same crap over and over in Randoms or divisioning with only 2 others. 

Honestly, i am surprised that 27% of votes for far are against it. I thought nobody would be against an added game mode that encourages teamplay. 

"Communities are cancer" ? You have social issues m8? Everybody loves communities, it's one fo the most important parts of PvP and online multiplayer gameplay. Most people who play online are looking for communities, otherwise they would play solo offline!

And stop using cancer for anything that is not related to cancer. It is offensive to people who have cancer and it has nothing to do with a bloody game. 

Here's the key phrase:

"Everyone I ever divisioned with or talked to all LOVED Team Battles"

Guess what: That's a minority. It's a minuscule minority that in no way reflects the population at large.

There's a reason that WG has not implemented a second round of team battles for so long after the first season ended.

I mean, ranked battles season 1 was flawed. That's why WG decided to tweak it and re-release it. Despite the original flaws, ranked was either popular enough, or was easy enough to fix that it was worth pushing out again quickly.

Team battles.....obviously weren't.

~~~~~~

Also this phrase: 

"Honestly, i am surprised that 27% of votes for far are against it."

So you're surprised that people might not like having a game mode that may potentially reward gameplay content that requires them to have 6-7 skilled friends who can all be online at the same specific time?

Things like this is why communities are cancer.

All communities devolve into echo chambers which exclude opposing views.

You've been in your echo chamber for so long, where everyone just repeats the idea "hell yeah, competitive team play", while being oblivious to the fact that your position is a minuscule minority.

Hell, go look at the new years medal counts on the homepage.

Of the ~214k people who have won a game since the event started, only a bit more than a quarter, a mere ~60k people, have collected 17 boxes. Of the people playing this game, barely over a quarter have earned 2k exp/day for 17 days out of the 22 that have passed since the event's start.

Do you think any of those people, the VAST majority of the game's population give a rats a** about competitive, or team play?

If you're surprised what the support for team battles is on this thread, I'm certain that the true server numbers would blow your mind. 

Overall server numbers would probably be something like "5% in favour, 1% against, 94% don't care either way".

Hell, just look at the forum response. This thread has been viewed 117 times, but the poll only has 20 votes. And even that 117 views.  is insignificant. Gurudennis's meme thread about "French BBs" has 7x the views and double the replies, despite having been started an hour later. People don't even have enough interest in team battles to click a thread about them, and the few who do can't even be bothered to click 2 more times to vote. 

~~~~~~

"Everybody loves communities, it's one fo the most important parts of PvP and online multiplayer gameplay."

This does not justify communities being positive.

Sure, I've seen beneficial communities within games.

I've also seen guilds render the game completely unplayable for periods of time, for example, by pking anyone trying to access a dungeon.

Teamwork can be created without defining explicit groups.

However, defining explicit groups accomplishes one thing: It guarantees that the playerbase will grow more toxic over time.

Members
738 posts
6,483 battles

Hell, just look at the forum response. This thread has been viewed 117 times, but the poll only has 20 votes. And even that 117 views.  is insignificant. Gurudennis's meme thread about "French BBs" has 7x the views and double the replies, despite having been started an hour later. People don't even have enough interest in team battles to click a thread about them, and the few who do can't even be bothered to click 2 more times to vote. 

And here I was expecting an easy 200 "Yes" votes within 48 hours. I dont know why i'm surprised though. After all, a billion people smoke cigarettes, eat fast food, get drunk on a regular basis, and think that watching Kim Kardashian is more important that discussing their country's foreign policy for example. 

Either way,  things will find their due course. Personally, if WG doesnt start implementing new game modes, they will eventually lose customers like me, who are starting to get real bored of doing the same 12v12 random battles, with 3 div mates or none, on the same maps. 

Members
11,026 posts
30,429 battles

And here I was expecting an easy 200 "Yes" votes within 48 hours. I dont know why i'm surprised though. After all, a billion people smoke cigarettes, eat fast food, get drunk on a regular basis, and think that watching Kim Kardashian is more important that discussing their country's foreign policy for example. 

Either way,  things will find their due course. Personally, if WG doesnt start implementing new game modes, they will eventually lose customers like me, who are starting to get real bored of doing the same 12v12 random battles, with 3 div mates or none, on the same maps. 

So that's you gone.

And?

New modes and maps aren't nessesarily required to keep a game going. 

LoL has been going for a good half decade on 1 map/1 mode.

No one cares about team competitive play in a game designed around 10-20 minute casual matches.

Edited by issm

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

You do understand that they are eventually coming back (if you bothered to read any of the news from announcements). 

Well according to the Q&A from the day before yesterday, they won't be coming back. They've decided to ditch team battles and focus strictly on Clan Battle for team play. They are discontinuing team battles and have stopped development of it.

Edited by renegadestatuz