Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wyatt_DERP85

Should I go for the Minekaze or the Mutsuki line first?

15 comments in this topic

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

So far, I'm loving the IJN destroyers and picked up the Kamikaze which is probably the most fun ship I have. I'm currently at the Isokaze. I was wondering which line you'd recommend to go first. I'm at the Mahan and the T-22 so I'm not an experienced destroyer player, I play far more battleship and cruiser.

Also, why does the split line only go to tier 8?

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Split line is not complete yet. WG has said that they might add the T9 and 10 in the future. 

I think if you want to play the IJN DDs for the ninja torping, the main line would be better, because it does lead to the Shimakaze which is pretty much the definition of a such playstyle.

[ARMDA]
Members
9,003 posts
5,462 battles

WG has their reasons for stopping at Tier 8, the Akizuki.

The Mutsuki line is the torpedo line, more based on, well torpedoes.

The Minekaze line is the gunboat line, although the true gunboat is the Tier 8 itself.

Members
251 posts
1,917 battles

I would do both lines, or at least have both started in case you don't like the one you are on.  I like the Shiratsuyu but not so much the 2 before it since the split.  I like playing this Shimikaze on PT.  I do not like the Yugumo much, I seem to lose a ton in that boat even when I do really well damage wise.  Akatsuki is decent.  Everything else.. Meh....  Kagero was my best damage ever at 167k but IDK.. Not a satisfying ship for me.  I guess, pick a line and go for it.  With upcoming changes to Cappy skills, its going to start sucking playing any IJN DD in my opinion.  Even worse for the KM line.  I think RU and USN will do best/better after the changes.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

I say Minekaze line. Haven't played the Minekaze since the rebalence of the IJN line, but the Hatsuharu isn't as bad as people say, they Shuratsuyu is a torp spammers wet dream able to put 16 torps into the water in 5 secs, and the Akizuki is such fun, death by a thousand cuts.  

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Mut

The other line is a dead end at tier 8.

But it ends with the Akizuki, which will receive a huge buff next patch with the coming of IFHE/HEAP. 

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

The Minekaze line is the gunboat line, although the true gunboat is the Tier 8 itself.

Yea - 8 guns. But 100mm I can imagine that being a DPM monster or doing no damage due to low pen on HE. Which is it?

[-GPS-]
Members
2,907 posts
36,612 battles

Yea - 8 guns. But 100mm I can imagine that being a DPM monster or doing no damage due to low pen on HE. Which is it?

Add Demo Expert and AFT => DPM monster. 

OP:  neither Tier 5 is a great ship (real Minekaze RIP). The Tier 6s aren't great either, but both are workable. Both Tier 7s are good ships. However, this is where the idea that one line is torps and the other guns. Shiratsuyu is a great torp boat. Very low detection rating, and she can throw 16 torps when you use the boost (every 4 minutes). Akatsuki realizes the blend of torps and guns in a new way and it works. The T8 Akizuki is a beast and a blast to play. Kagero meh,,,  At Tier 9, Yuugumo with the 8km F3 torps (76 knots) is the old Minekaze only much more powerful and the guns are decent. And you see LOTS of radar and hydro. High risk, high reward. 

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Currently, it's no damage/lots of fires if you're shooting at T8+ ships. But with 0.6.0, you can get IFHE and DE for huge DPM/lots of fires. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

shiratsuyu and akizuki are both fun ship and destine for nerf probably.  LOL.     akizuki with heap would probably be even stronger.   as is,  I can still do pretty well.   it did take a while to upgrade/retrain akizuki so   my stat aint wordly, but WR is decent.   

I do think yugumo can use a buff.       

Members
604 posts
8,367 battles

shiratsuyu and akizuki are both fun ship and destine for nerf probably.  LOL.     akizuki with heap would probably be even stronger.   as is,  I can still do pretty well.   it did take a while to upgrade/retrain akizuki so   my stat aint wordly, but WR is decent.   

I do think yugumo can use a buff.       

they are both fun, but they don't need nerf. In fact, The Shiratsuyu is what the most IJN DD should be like, kinda slow speed, good concealment, good torp, meh guns.

Its the kagero, Yugumo or even shimakaze to some extend need buffs (Torpedos!!)

Members
730 posts
10,303 battles

Add Demo Expert and AFT => DPM monster. 

OP:  neither Tier 5 is a great ship (real Minekaze RIP). The Tier 6s aren't great either, but both are workable. Both Tier 7s are good ships. However, this is where the idea that one line is torps and the other guns. Shiratsuyu is a great torp boat. Very low detection rating, and she can throw 16 torps when you use the boost (every 4 minutes). Akatsuki realizes the blend of torps and guns in a new way and it works. The T8 Akizuki is a beast and a blast to play. Kagero meh,,,  At Tier 9, Yuugumo with the 8km F3 torps (76 knots) is the old Minekaze only much more powerful and the guns are decent. And you see LOTS of radar and hydro. High risk, high reward. 

Yes, This.

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

Currently, it's no damage/lots of fires if you're shooting at T8+ ships. But with 0.6.0, you can get IFHE and DE for huge DPM/lots of fires. 

Must be able to rip destroyers apart tho

[JEEP]
[JEEP]
Members
1,123 posts
5,495 battles

Split line is not complete yet. WG has said that they might add the T9 and 10 in the future. 

I think if you want to play the IJN DDs for the ninja torping, the main line would be better, because it does lead to the Shimakaze which is pretty much the definition of a such playstyle.

I disagree. Gearing and Fletcher are.

Sign in to follow this