You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
The_first_harbinger

I had enough, WG do something!

17 comments in this topic

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

For the past 5 months I have been under sustained spam via in game chat about some sort of ad from different players I have never talked to before, I paid absolutely no attention until today, and what I found out is horrifying. All these players, their names seems to be unique every time, but they put the same ad in the chat.The ad is a power leveling ad, in which you can pay for in game resources specifically xp and tech tree grinds, they even have the audacity to advertise for their Windows 10 encryption key. I visited their website called wtsitem.com, and sure enough, it's there.

This is either a complete deception to steal account information, or a serious violation of WG's terms and conditions. No wonder we have so many potatoes in game, because they bought their xp grind all the way up to tier 8 9 and 10.

Sorry for so much salt, but this, is just beyond my forbearance. Someone please give me an explanation.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

Members
1,719 posts
4,106 battles

Yeah I've been getting these as well, never really cared about them but what intrigued me the most is that there account names looked like real account names

Alpha Tester
2,716 posts
4,076 battles

I usually log in to have one or two of them. Had one pop up as I was logging out for the night. It is getting a weee bit out of hand

Members
6,168 posts
7,861 battles

This is either a complete deception to steal account information, or a serious violation of WG's terms and conditions.

It's both, likely.

Screenshot the messages and send them into support via ticket. They should get around to banning the account whenever they actually process the ticket, since it's just a spam bot.

Though, I'm not sure if it would help much, as when these spam bots first started appearing, whoever was doing it was clearly getting bot accounts up and running much faster than WG could ever shut them down(outside of a straight up IP ban).

[JUICE]
Members
824 posts
6,375 battles

I have never seen it in this game but it was common place in SWTOR. I never understood why that game allowed it in chat spam but it was bannable there as well.

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, WoWS Community Contributors
5,969 posts
22,155 battles

send in a support ticket with a screenshot of the message.

[JAGDA]
Beta Testers
245 posts
3,386 battles

As other people said, screenshot and report. This was a really common issue a while ago when KM cruisers were released (hence the ad for grinding that particular branch). But Wargaming made an official statement and whatnot and did some things and it went away. I'm surprised it's back, honestly, and that judging from AVR_Project's screenshot that they haven't even changed the advertisement. 

Yeah I've been getting these as well, never really cared about them but what intrigued me the most is that there account names looked like real account names

It would stand to reason that they're using the accounts they're leveling (or have stolen, if that's the goal, (although I doubt it)) to advertise as they grind the exp.