Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wo_9

Imgur image links not working?

10 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,248 posts
8,753 battles

something got changed recently? 

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,083 battles

Just have to go and edit your post.  Take one character out of the image link, then replace it.  The forum editor's [edited] up in that way.

[HINON]
Privateers, Privateers
6,800 posts
5,040 battles

I've always gone to the gallery and got the direct link for my picture posts.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,663 posts
4,472 battles

I can get the direct links for JPG and PNG images, but for some reason, not for animated GIFs. Try tinypic instead.

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,248 posts
8,753 battles

I can get the direct links for JPG and PNG images, but for some reason, not for animated GIFs. Try tinypic instead.

ty so much panbun! 

[SPTR]
Beta Testers
6,431 posts
1,093 battles

Animated gifs usually are automatically converted to gifv/webm/mp4 after uploading them on imgur, and you are usually provided 2 links one to the gifv as the direct link and the other to the normal gif. since the forum still doesn't accept webm/gifv it doesn't let you post it or gives a broken image.

[NDA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
5,663 posts
4,472 battles

Animated gifs usually are automatically converted to gifv/webm/mp4 after uploading them on imgur, and you are usually provided 2 links one to the gifv as the direct link and the other to the normal gif. since the forum still doesn't accept webm/gifv it doesn't let you post it or gives a broken image.

When I get a .webm link, changing it to .gif usually works. Otherwise I just open up the share links pop-up, copy the link in the BB Code section, then get rid of the [/img] bits. It never used to be so much trouble. I'm not sure why imgur changed it to the way it is now.

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

You'll notice that there's an "Original Gif" link on imgur's link list now. However, as has been stated a few times in this thread, it's just removing the "v" from .gifv

V4uzkl6.jpg

[SPTR]
Beta Testers
6,431 posts
1,093 battles

When I get a .webm link, changing it to .gif usually works. Otherwise I just open up the share links pop-up, copy the link in the BB Code section, then get rid of the [/img] bits. It never used to be so much trouble. I'm not sure why imgur changed it to the way it is now.

Saves bandwidth. is fast, has better quality, can use sound, gets rid of color palette limit, and uses less space. Is just to force people to accept the new standard and forget about gif.

Sign in to follow this