Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JJDOU3D

Russian BB line not coming?

101 comments in this topic

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

In the upcoming new lines, I would have like to see the russian battleship line. It would have been nice.

I have the trained captain of my Imperator Nikolai I to use in this overpowered line.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

In the upcoming new lines, I would have like to see the russian battleship line. It would have been nice.

I have the trained captain of my Imperator Nikolai I to use in this overpowered line.

Devs said in a Q&A about 2-3 weeks ago that they decided to push the RU BB line back, so we will not be seeing them in 2017.

[CJN]
[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
8,141 battles

My guess and speculation is that we may see British BBs and CV (to go with the possible CV revamp) if not than British DDs as well as French CA and DDs or BBs.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Members
7,656 posts
8,214 battles

My guess and speculation is that we may see British BBs and CV (to go with the possible CV revamp) if not than British DDs as well as French CA and DDs or BBs.

Bith RN BBs and CVs have been confirmed to be coming this year. CVs alongside the CV UI overhaul.

[FROG]
Members
252 posts
2,167 battles

It would also be essentially a line of almost entirely paper ships. Short of the Gangut at Tier III (basically a weaker Nikolai) and potentially the Sovetsky Soyuz at Tier VIII, there's not a lot of designs that exist in real life. Now, if you include the Archangelsk (Queen Elizabeth-class) at Tier VI and the Novorossiysk (Cavour-class) at Tier V from foreign-built sources, you could potentially make it work as you would only need Tier VII, Tier IX, and Tier X ships to make it work, and as we've seen with WG's later entries for the IJN and KM lines, paper designs can be created and built. But with the Royal Navy, the French Navy, and the Italians still on deck with full designs already available, the Russian BB line will need to wait for a while.

Members
1,587 posts
16 battles

It would also be essentially a line of almost entirely paper ships. Short of the Gangut at Tier III (basically a weaker Nikolai) and potentially the Sovetsky Soyuz at Tier VIII, there's not a lot of designs that exist in real life. Now, if you include the Archangelsk (Queen Elizabeth-class) at Tier VI and the Novorossiysk (Cavour-class) at Tier V from foreign-built sources, you could potentially make it work as you would only need Tier VII, Tier IX, and Tier X ships to make it work, and as we've seen with WG's later entries for the IJN and KM lines, paper designs can be created and built. But with the Royal Navy, the French Navy, and the Italians still on deck with full designs already available, the Russian BB line will need to wait for a while.

Gangut should be a tier 4. At tier 3 she will just be grossly overpowered. Sovetsky Soyuz, Projekt 23 would be tier 9, and probably a very good tier 9 at that. 

Arkhangelsk is the HMS Royal Sovereign, a Revenge class, but neither her or Novorossisk is needed for a RU BB line, and should be premiums.

Xero_Snake has a good thread here  for a potential Russian BB line, though I had suspected it would be put back, given the poor player numbers for Russian ships. 

Edited by Trainspite

[-KWH-]
Members
207 posts
5,816 battles

Gangut should be a tier 4. At tier 3 she will just be grossly overpowered. 

Comrade, you clearly do not understand Soviet tech tree design.
  • Cool 20

[FROG]
Members
252 posts
2,167 battles

(glacing at the Nikolai) If that's anything to go off of, the Gangut might be underpowered for Tier III. :D

Beta Testers
99 posts
3,498 battles

I for one would rather have ships that actually contributed to the war effort and have a long, rich history. Not a full tech tree of mostly fake and more than likely absurdly OP soviet battleships.

• Cool 1

Members
690 posts

I for one would rather ships that actually contributed to the war effort and have a long, rich history. Not a full tech tree of mostly fake and more than likely absurdly OP soviet battleships.

Oh for certain I agree with this. Prefer actual ships that were built.

But generally most expect that because of its nation, a)it will be pushed in eventually and b) likely to be very powerful, and probably eclipsing existing ships. So if they want to put out such super ships might as well just join in eh. if you cant beat them,,,, :hiding:

Members
1,080 posts
5,530 battles

Do not want to see a mostly paper line, not a single Ru BB was ever built during WW2 era or later

Edited by Vaitmana

Members
1,587 posts
16 battles

Well dammit. I cannot Soviet. 

Edit: Gangut is Imperial Russian though, and you specified Soviet... :hiding:

Edited by Trainspite

[NSF]
Members
42 posts
2,188 battles

Bith RN BBs and CVs have been confirmed to be coming this year. CVs alongside the CV UI overhaul.

I would love to believe this, but the newest update confirmed that there's no CV Rework due in 2017.

[REAL]
Members
322 posts
7,553 battles

Yes, they do will come with smoke and laser stalinium guns to overmatch all facist and capitalist weapons.

Sure they will be pure projects and never-made ships, because we are talking about the Soviet Union you know.

Edited by atl_grunge

[FROG]
Members
252 posts
2,167 battles

Well dammit. I cannot Soviet. 

Edit: Gangut is Imperial Russian though, and you specified Soviet... :hiding:

To be fair, so was the Imperator Nikolai I, comrade. Russian ships always have those one or two OP boats that make us cringe at the vicious effectiveness of the said thing (pointing towards Gremyaschy, Nikolai, Kutuzov). It would only make sense that their BBs follow the line of logic that permeates this.

Members
675 posts
3,957 battles

To be fair, so was the Imperator Nikolai I, comrade. Russian ships always have those one or two OP boats that make us cringe at the vicious effectiveness of the said thing (pointing towards Gremyaschy, Nikolai, Kutuzov). It would only make sense that their BBs follow the line of logic that permeates this.

well said :-)

Beta Testers
1,296 posts
11,047 battles

RU BBs won't be OPd.

Other BB players will just need to learn to dodge rail gun projectiles and shoot through cloaking devices.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
10,957 posts

There is Borodino/Izmail class battlecruiser for Tier 6.  These ships were laid down but revolution meant they could not be completed.  Well they wanted to, but Red Army got all the funds.  Russia ordered 14" guns for these from Great Britain, many of whom were delivered before the Revolution.

There is the Kronshtadt class battlecruiser for Tier 7.  Originally proposed for 12" guns, apparently those guns could not be made in time.  So Stalin shopped guns from Germany, wanted to get the 11" guns like you see the ones for the Scharnhorst.  But Krupp said we don't make those 11" guns and turrets anymore, but maybe we can interest with you a spare set of 15" guns and turrets that were made to upgrade the Scharnhorst.  The Scharnhorst could not be upgraded to the 15" guns since Germany was already at war with Great Britain.  However before any 15" guns were delivered to Russia, Germany invaded, and that was it.  The spare set of 15" guns and turrets were used on the Gneisenau later when that battleship had her 11" guns and turrets damaged, and with no spares of 11" guns, she undertook the upgrade, but never finished due to Hitler's orders.

Kronshtadts were laid down but because of the war, their production was halted.  At war's end, they were deemed obsolete to even continue.

Tier 8 could go to the Stalingrad class battlecruisers.  These are the ones with laser projectile 12" guns (950 mps).  Project 66 cruisers like you see in the game, the Moskva, were cancelled for this project.  When Stalin died, as these were his babies, Soviet admiralty killed the projects and just about every conventional warship project (Sverdlov class etc,.) the Soviets had and went all out for guided missile cruisers.

Tier 9 goes to the Sovetsky Soyuz battleships.  Also laid down but never finished.  

Soyuz, Borodino and Kronshtadt class belong to the nebulous category that the Amagi and Montana belong to --- started, laid down, never finished.

Relative to tier, I would think the Borodino and the Stalingrad might have the OP threat.  Soyuz is just another big 16" gun battleship, and while its guns does have a higher muzzle velocity than others, it doesn't take the crown from the Izumo.  Kronshtadt is like a Gneisenau with less armor, so not that impressive.  The Borodino however, is kind of like the Nikolai with dozen 14" guns --- each gun performs very similarly to the ones in the KGV class, since these guns were British in origin, its direct Mark predecessor and ballistically are very similar, which is very heavy shells with slow muzzle velocity.  The armor level of the Borodino is similar however to the Dunkerque, maybe slightly better, with a speed of 26.5 knots, which is decent.  Expect Fuso like superstructures for the modernized version.

Stalingrad is the one that would be hard to balance, with laser like 12" guns.

I would say it would be the Borodino that I would like to see the most here, but its not close to the ships that I really strongly feel that I want to see.

That would be one or two of the Ganguts, preferably both the Marat aka Petropavlosk and the Sevastopol.  Modernized form, think of something like Fuso meets Nikolai, though the armor won't be that great, but they move faster, has a higher RoF, has AA guns, and the funkiest superstructures ever seen in a battleship.  They are going to be the standout Tier 4 and 5 ships, even when you have Tier 4 and 5 British, Italian and French battleships added.  WW1 form, this would fit Tier 4 premium, modernized with moderate AA, Tier 4 tree, and heavily modified with AA for WW2, this would fit Tier 5.  

The other ship, which I hope to see, is something for Tier 2 for a pre-dreadnought, a ship that was immortalized in both movie and history --- the Potemkin.

Edited by Eisennagel
  • Cool 3

Sign in to follow this