Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThatMatters

Detonations.... really WG???

26 comments in this topic

[CITSU]
Members
4 posts
5,615 battles

The increase in deto rates is getting a little out of hand. This mechanic needs to be so rare that you forget it almost happens.. Now I am worried if I run out of flags to prevent this @%$ occurrence. I get deto'd every single day.  WG really needs to lower the chance of this, it's not a fun mechanic at all...

Members
5,202 posts

If you hate them that much, then take the module that reduces the chance of it happening.

Not saying that I like them, but WG has stated quite clearly that they're not going anywhere. To the contrary, they'll be making the visual effects more grandiose sometime in the future.

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers
412 posts
1,323 battles

I haven't been detonated since may 5th of last year so I'm doing something right so I'm not really complaining (knock on wood)

Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

You've played 3,822 battles and have been detonated (according to your achievements) 39 times.

Thats once every 98 battles.

I think that counts as rare.

Members
197 posts
8,926 battles

The increase in deto rates is getting a little out of hand. This mechanic needs to be so rare that you forget it almost happens.. Now I am worried if I run out of flags to prevent this @%$ occurrence. I get deto'd every single day.  WG really needs to lower the chance of this, it's not a fun mechanic at all...

When you get a Detonation, you get a stack of Flags, so it's not a big worry to run out.

I'm either running the Mod or a Flag every game unless I forget.

[PLDN]
Alpha Tester
2,156 posts
6,639 battles

I support random instant death.

Use the mod for decreased det chance, the effect is huge.

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,019 battles

I was making a reply to this, then I got detonation-sniped by HE-spamming battleships in my Konigsberg.  Two matches in a row.

I want the mechanic removed nao:izmena:

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
2,997 posts
1,449 battles

You mean like fires?  were on fire!!!! 4 shots later, were on fire, 8 more were on fire again, put out those 3...were on fire again, the nagain the nagain then again........yeah.....

As for Detonations, how do you detonate something?  I thought 16 inch HE from those huge [edited]lobby, super heavy North Carolina shells would detonate a T5 cruiser, but no dice....

Members
1,537 posts
10,982 battles

If you hate them that much, then take the module that reduces the chance of it happening.

Not saying that I like them, but WG has stated quite clearly that they're not going anywhere. To the contrary, they'll be making the visual effects more grandiose sometime in the future.

I tried using the module on shiratsuyu and still detonated several times altho that could be due to the excessive amounts of poi that ship carries.

[SYN]
Members
3,732 posts
23,526 battles

I haven't been detonated since may 5th of last year so I'm doing something right so I'm not really complaining (knock on wood)

It's primarily DDs that get donated, lower chance for CAs and lower still for BBs (cant upset them!).

If there was any skill to it you could at least live with the other playing pulling off a good shot. But it is purely random and "fun & engaging".

[JKSDF]
Beta Testers
545 posts
2,691 battles

To the contrary, they'll be making the visual effects more grandiose sometime in the future.

I'm actually super excited for that, lol. Whenever I play Battlefield 1 and I see the Dreadnought explode, I think, "Wow, wish detonations looked like that in WoWS at the very least." I'd feel less bad if they were more spectacular, I'd feel even less bad if they damaged stuff nearby 

Members
405 posts
2,447 battles

You mean like fires?  were on fire!!!! 4 shots later, were on fire, 8 more were on fire again, put out those 3...were on fire again, the nagain the nagain then again........yeah.....

As for Detonations, how do you detonate something?  I thought 16 inch HE from those huge [edited]lobby, super heavy North Carolina shells would detonate a T5 cruiser, but no dice....

Aim at the Turret with HE. Each time you hit the ammo magazine you increase the chance of detonating the target.

Members
2,997 posts
1,449 battles

FUN AND...  

Thats honestly why Torps are so OP.....just out of the blue, BLAM dead.....cuz no mcuh skill, you scrub, you didnt WASD hack, and all that...

[CITSU]
Members
4 posts
5,615 battles

Wouldn't you know it, about 24 hours since this post and ohhhh 20 or so games later... GUESS WHAT........ 2 more detonations.... Wow.... Nice!!!! And people say the rates of detonation haven't changed.. Hmmmm.... I really don't want to have to take that stupid module that reduces your change by 70% because im sure all my other modules will start to break , but I guess thats better than detonating... Why WG why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members
334 posts
3,867 battles

As much as I like this game, the detonation mechanic is one of the few things I truly, truly hate.....  For new players, it often takes minutes just to spot the first enemy to engage.  Rewarding them with the possibility of being killed with one shot (with no way of preventing it) can easily discourage players from progressing further into the tech tree.

Edited by A_Horde_of_Sharks

[CITSU]
Members
4 posts
5,615 battles

You've played 3,822 battles and have been detonated (according to your achievements) 39 times.

Thats once every 98 battles.

I think that counts as rare.

So not to drum up this argument again, I know its still a rather 'rare' occurrence (overall 3822 / 39 is a 1% chance - this I can live with).. I have never really tried to track the percentage of this occurrence as of late. However, since this post and time stamp of you calling out my games / deto ratio I can now look at my games since. 

I now have 3956 battles (134 battles since this original post - and 5 days of play). I have been detonated 7 times since then.. That is more than once a day average and 5.2% occurrence. To me that is telling.. I keep my deto flags for my T10 ships - because those are the last ships I want to have detonate on me. I do not run any flags that would increase my chance of deto'ing on my lower tiers (if I do I run the -100% flag).  

To me this is either an increase in the chance of this stupid mechanic happening , or it's just my crappy RNG luck.. Either way, just frustrating and wanted to show how much I have been deto'ing lately.. Not to mention , there isn't usually a game I play without someone deto'ing in game.

[REEF]
Beta Testers
894 posts
10,835 battles

I hate detonations but they should stay.  Also, Being able to stop them completely with a flag...........no, 50% reduction.  When I plaster a DD with 6 rounds of 16 inch AP simultaneously and it keeps going, something needs to change!

Members
58 posts
17,548 battles

Certainly seems like something has changed. Prior to yesterday I could not remember the last time I got detonated, 3 times in 36 hours since! I blame RDF!! 

Sign in to follow this