Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Peregrinas

How is 0.6.0 going to affect your commander?

23 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

Nvm, I somehow made an error in calculating the cumulative xp.

I think your numbers may be a bit off (generally low on the cumulative). 

Here's my numbers:
5tb9641.png?1

Edited by Peregrinas

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,681 battles

Unless your commander currently has at least 15 points, you are going to lose at least one point.

Except that the devs have stated that you won't lose points.  It'll just make the grind for the next point longer.

Banned
2,485 posts
977 battles

Fyi, you keep your captain level after 0.6.0

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/109557-060-public-test/page__st__20__pid__2676045#entry2676045

No, they are not.
Because if any commander lacks XP to get the same level, he will be compensated.
So, you only can get the same number of skill points OR more upon version release.

We care for you guys :)

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

Except that the devs have stated that you won't lose points.  It'll just make the grind for the next point longer.

I did not catch that. Update the OP.

Fyi, you keep your captain level after 0.6.0

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/109557-060-public-test/page__st__20__pid__2676045#entry2676045

No, they are not.
Because if any commander lacks XP to get the same level, he will be compensated.
So, you only can get the same number of skill points OR more upon version release.

We care for you guys :)

So... if I have a 10 point commander now, will he get the equivalent of 95k cumulative xp then? Or will he remain at 62k cumulative xp and require 33k xp extra to get the next point as per kerensky?

Edited by Peregrinas

[V1-PI]
Beta Testers
67 posts
29,432 battles

In your cumulative XP column your only adding the results from the current level table row and preceding row.

Example Level 3 Cum XP =2800 = 1500+1300 and Level 4 Cum XP =3600 = 2100+1500 and so on...

Edited by DeathwishDrang

Members
1,716 posts
8,224 battles

If your chart were to hold true then I would be finished with the 16th point for my Warspite commander....FINALLY!!!!! right now it feels like its not going to happen, long grind....

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

I am going to generally be screwed on a dozen or so commanders that I am building.... But, it will get me really close to a couple of 18 point commanders.

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

I am going to generally be screwed on a dozen or so commanders that I am building.... But, it will get me really close to a couple of 18 point commanders.

You won't lose captain levels if that's what you're thinking of.

[CHEEZ]
Members
2,614 posts
4,925 battles

You won't lose captain levels if that's what you're thinking of.

I was happy to hear that, its the advancement that I am still concerned about. I really need to get onto the PTS again to see what the new system looks like a little better.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,681 battles

So... if I have a 10 point commander now, will he get the equivalent of 95k cumulative xp then? Or will he remain at 62k cumulative xp and require 33k xp extra to get the next point as per kerensky?

I don't know that anyone but the devs know that for sure yet.  I could see doing it either way - it may be easier code-wise for them to take, say, a 12 point captain who is 90k captain XP away from 12 in the new system and simply crediting him with 90k XP to get him to 12 points.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
16,334 posts
23,692 battles

You mean how will it effect my 147 commanders? (not counting reserves)..... going to take some time.

[-GPS-]
Beta Testers
696 posts
5,366 battles

Its pretty simple actually. You dont lose any captain points, ever. Any captain that is below the new exp requirements is credited exp to bring them up to the new minimum, then you grind the next point from there. The main point is whatever you have for Captains 15 points and below, will not change. They will have the same number of points, but the missing exp for the new requirements will be credited to them.

If you have a 16 pointer now, with at least 271k exp on him, he will be bumped up to a 17 pointer.

If you have a 17 pointer now, with at least 237k exp on him, he will be bumped up to an 18 pointer.

If you have an 18 pointer now, with at least 168k exp on him, he will be bumped up to a 19 pointer.

I have two 18 pointers now, one with 98k on him, the other with 558k. The lower one will still be an 18er. The other one will be bumped up to 19, and I will have 390k in "Elite Captain exp" to use on other Captains.

• Cool 2

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

The other fact is that captain skill points won't be the same under the new system.

In the old way, there were very specific break points for captains, namely 10 points, and 15 points.  Now with some skills individually cheaper, varying levels of points in between will become more meaningful.

[-GPS-]
Beta Testers
696 posts
5,366 battles

If someone is really new to the game, grinding out captain points from scratch is going to be a chore. 

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

the whole redo is to help the new player get to certain skills faster.       they are also making it so that skill like CE is less effective via new skills.      getting to 10point captain isn't so tough though and  for most classes  that is good enough captain to be competitive. 

[NDA]
Beta Testers
5,251 posts
8,893 battles

im back to the drawing board as far as my 19 point captain build goes.  

[AR]
Members
364 posts
20,931 battles

Greatly will effect me. I will as a result have a 19pt capt Khabarovsk. I will also have a 19 pt cap Tashkent. I will actually be able to combine AFT + CE + SE on my Tashkent which will be amazing. Both caps will also have plenty of left over exp to transfer over to other Russian capts.

Members
807 posts
7,069 battles

Going to give up CE on the Akizuki to min-max damage output with AFT + BFT + DE + IFHE + Adrenaline Rush.

Fletcher will be running a min-max build for the torpedo reload with TAE + SE + Adrenaline Rush + torpedo reload upgrade mod.

Benson will probably have to give up Vigilance to slot in RPF.

Edited by Cruiser_Chicago

Sign in to follow this