You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MexicanPanda

Now I remember why I don't play this game too much

61 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

I've been able to make myself really bear down on the Graf Spee and now Convoy missions, but playing this much Ships in one sitting is really reminding me why I don't play this game so much in one day. It really doesn't take this game long to turn me into a screaming rage-ball. From RNG bending me over and F'ing me raw, to teams that are too scared to push in and kill one or two DDs which then leads to horrible loss. All of this which just makes me play worse and worse.

Things went fine monday when I was playing, but then yesterday and today have really taken a turn for the worst. I'm seriously doubting now whether I'll be able to finish these missions, or if my monitor will make it to the end.

• Cool 6

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Just need to learn to not care, man. No point raging or getting mad. Just shrug it off and soldier on. 

That's great in theory, but if I don't care, then I wouldn't even be playing the game. I have been told I am a very emotional person also, so I can't just stop the passion. =P
  • Cool 1

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles

If video games piss you off, then you need to evaluate why your real life has so little meaning to you.

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

If video games piss you off, then you need to evaluate why your real life has so little meaning to you.

My life is really boring and kinda sucky. So games are my life, hence why they effect me so.
  • Cool 2

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,565 posts

Im guessing you play Solo ?

Game is a night and day difference finding people to group with.

Edited by Spyde
  • Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

That's great in theory, but if I don't care, then I wouldn't even be playing the game. I have been told I am a very emotional person also, so I can't just stop the passion. =P

Don't know what to tell you. I'm an avid gamer (been so since the Atari 2600 when I was a wee lad) but I've never suffered from rage aside from Battletoads on the NES... screw that game. :D

It's not that I don't care about winning. I play my hardest every single match and I always fight to the bitter end regardless of how bad a defeat is. It just never upsets me. At all. Friendly torps me? Meh. I'm not thrilled but... meh. I'll keep fighting if I survived or if it sunk me I'll hop into another ship and get into another game. 

Try complimenting whoever sank you on the other team. I find it really disarms the whole "I got beat" feeling. 

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

Im guessing you play Solo ?

Game is a night and day difference finding people to group with.

I only have one person that plays with me, and they aren't on all the time. So yeah, #solo4life #4everalone
  • Cool 2

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles

My life is really boring and kinda sucky. So games are my life, hence why they effect me so.

No offense seriously.....

But you have a PC, you have internet, you have games, power, food, running water.

Your idea of what "sucky" is, is so far from reality that it's painful. I have traveled over a lot of this world and have come to learn that your perspective is what causes most of your problems. 

Boring = easy and I can say with a respectable amount of certainty that if you made a real choice to apply yourself to something with actual meaning (not a video game) that you would find you develope a very different attitude. 

P.S.  Battle Toads.....was a brutal unforgiving game. 

Edited by Cpt_RickSchwifty
  • Cool 2

[AK]
Beta Testers
183 posts
21,121 battles

It takes one of these games to keep you coming back.

Had a game yesterday with the Mighty Mo. I kept their Yam and Biz busy with fires at about 20km range.  A DD of theirs tried to attack the back way, I saw him and killed him with 2 volleys, under 5 kms for the final kill shot. Gotta love radar.

It came down to me and a cruiser and a Tirp and another cruiser on their side. I kept defending our caps with HE and angling like mad to avoid getting killed.

Our dead team stayed in the game to watch and were giving helpful play suggestions in chat.

And we won.

A very rare pub random game with everyone cooperating. These keep me coming back.

• Cool 1

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,565 posts

I only have one person that plays with me, and they aren't on all the time. So yeah, #solo4life #4everalone

I would highly suggest finding more people in game to group with.  I know it can be a pain.. but its doable.  I played almost a year solo que / duo if my brother was playing.   Till these last few weeks, and its better game play

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

P.S.  Battle Toads.....was a brutal unforgiving game. 

Literally almost threw my NES out the window. Decided that was a bad move half way across my room and decided to play something else instead.  

[FROGS]
Beta Testers
339 posts
1,792 battles

Take 2 of these and call me in the morning.

Fukitol.jpg

Edited by HanoverFist1970
  • Cool 2

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

But you have a PC, you have internet, you have games, power, food, running water.

Your idea of what "sucky" is, is so far from reality that it's painful. I have traveled over a lot of this world and have come to learn that your perspective is what causes most of your problems. 

Boring = easy and I can say with a respectable amount of certainty that if you made a real choice to apply yourself to something with actual meaning (not a video game) that you would find you develope a very different attitude.

You are so full of garbage. 1.I said kinda sucky. I know it could be worse, a lot worse. I've seen a lot worse and been a lot worse than I am now. But it could also be better, a lot better. So please stuff your righteousness back down your gob. The line, "no offense" is always a great way to say you are going to say something stupid.

Beta Testers
1,529 posts
1,148 battles

I would highly suggest finding more people in game to group with.  I know it can be a pain.. but its doable.  I played almost a year solo que / duo if my brother was playing.   Till these last few weeks, and its better game play

Groups always end poorly for me. I find them far more stressful that being alone or with just one decent/good friend.

• Cool 1

Members
104 posts
2,032 battles

Play until you find someone you like, then just ask after the match. Almost anyone is willing to divvy in this game.

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

You are so full of garbage. 1.I said kinda sucky. I know it could be worse, a lot worse. I've seen a lot worse and been a lot worse than I am now. But it could also be better, a lot better. So please stuff your righteousness back down your gob. The line, "no offense" is always a great way to say you are going to say something stupid.

If you aren't currently on fire, it could always be worse. 

I have to agree with him though. On a scale of Ugandan Child Slave to British Royalty, you're well above the middle. 

• Cool 1

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

Yep, long gaming sessions in WOWS are like staying too long at the blackjack table. Sooner or later the house will win.

For me, it manifests itself into, first, getting tired which leads to bad decisions, which leads to frustration and more bad decisions and just compounds on itself until I finally give up and quit for the night.

• Cool 1

[BL4CK]
Members
144 posts
5,059 battles

have a few drinks and it wont matter and you will feel like you and everyone is playing better after 3-4 of them :trollface:

[PLPTR]
[PLPTR]
Beta Testers
1,252 posts
6,292 battles

This kinda just goes back to my statment, the reason you have a bad atitude is because your life is incredibly easy.

My point was, you're pissed off and have a crappy attitude because you are bored and trying to find value in your life with video games. There was nothing righteous about what I said, it is a simple personal truth that I learned and find that most people don't realize how simple it is to loose meaning for themselves. 

That is not going to work for you bro.....there is a lot more to life than games and it's more within reach for you than most. Sounds to me more like you need some life coaching more than WoWs coaching. 

Edited by Cpt_RickSchwifty
  • Cool 2

Members
120 posts
2,499 battles

This kinda just goes back to my statment, the reason you have a bad atitude is because your life is incredibly easy.

My point was, you're pissed off and have a crappy attitude because you are bored and trying to find value in your life with video games. There was nothing righteous about what I said, it is a simple personal truth that I learned and find that most people don't realize how simple it is to loose meaning for themselves. 

That is not going to work for you bro.....there is a lot more to life than games and it's more within reach for you than most. Sounds to me more like you need some life coaching more than WoWs coaching. 

Great life insight and couldn't agree with you more.