You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Curioussteven7

Containers & Roll the Dice

20 comments in this topic

Members
42 posts

After playing this game for over a year, 10000 plus battles, I was hoping with this update of Containers that it was not going to be World of Warships as normal but an actual improvement. After dozens of matches earning dozens of containers, the Roll the Dice option is an unlucky choice. My experience is that if you choose the other options; your rewards are more in the long run and in the short run, nothing much more than frustrating. So my suggestion is anything but roll the dice option for your efforts cause it is an insult to your efforts. Enjoy what you can...

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,843 posts
7,637 battles

After only choosing roll the dice for a long while, I hadnt gotten a supercontainer since the first two weeks of containers starting. So I decided I would try the others for a little while. 5 containers into trying for credits instead, I got a supercontainer.

I agree with you op, the rewards are way better in the long run, and I dont think the 'higher' chance for SC's in roll the dice is worth it.

• Cool 1

Members
5,429 posts
10,494 battles

After only choosing roll the dice for a long while, I hadnt gotten a supercontainer since the first two weeks of containers starting. So I decided I would try the others for a little while.

Same here- though the 2 SCs I got are still the only ones I have gotten no matter what I choose.
Edited by CylonRed

Members
1,091 posts
4,681 battles

I'm really not sure what people expect here. Exactly what percentage chance for a super container do you believe you have? If the answer is something reasonable, like 1%, then how many pulls do you have to have before you can reasonably complain about being unlucky?

I swear people really just do not grok random numbers. 

For myself, my TYL experience has resulted in 40 million credits, 250 speed flags, 250 fire flags, 50 dragon flags, roughly 1000 doubloons, and a Gremyaschy. 

Let's be clear here: I am "better off" (in game) to the tune of 40 million credits, 550 flags, 1000 doubloons, and an awesome premium ship. Just for doing what I would have done anyway. 

Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

• Cool 2

[NDA]
Supertester
3,926 posts
2,279 battles

Precisely this.  These are the same people that are surprised when they don't win the lottery.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,310 posts
23,743 battles

Even without supercontainers, this system is way better than the previous daily missions.

Most definitely. As to the OP, I quit doing the TYL and hoping for the best. Much nicer to get a pretty good haul each time with a smaller chance of a super container than the 5 flags each time. 

[NEMO]
Members
815 posts
8,771 battles

Last SC I received was November 10th. I've opened at least 2 per day since then. The first 60 our so were "try your luck", then I got tired of getting only 5 flags so I switched to "more flags and consumables". I've opened a total of about 150 containers since i received the last SC.

Conversely,I got a SC on the PT server last week with 100 dragon flags in it...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,310 posts
23,743 battles

Precisely this.  These are the same people that are surprised when they don't win the lottery.

Yeah not how I read his post. OP was passing on his experience to help fellow players IMHO. Some people are such snits.. 

[TCF]
[TCF]
Members
299 posts
14,719 battles

I've exclusively done try your luck since containers were released and always resists the suggestion posts here to try camo, creds or consumables.  I've gotten 4 supers now for a total of 30 million credits and 250 commander xp flags as well so i'm quite pleased.  Gotta give it time.  It's just like a slot machine.  Don't expect a jackpot and when it hits you'll be surprised.

[RLGN]
Members
14,939 posts
26,466 battles

Mostly indifferent, since as has been said; the current system is better than the daily missions.

I just pick everything in order using the chart I made; 7 SCs so far with 200+ containers opened.

Qj1aPN.jpg

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[WOLFB]
Members
3,158 posts
7,389 battles

I get about a super container a week but. I found I have better odds when I only use they try my luck 3 times a week. But I open almost 3 a day 

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles

I'm really not sure what people expect here. Exactly what percentage chance for a super container do you believe you have? If the answer is something reasonable, like 1%, then how many pulls do you have to have before you can reasonably complain about being unlucky?

For myself, my TYL experience has resulted in 40 million credits, 250 speed flags, 250 fire flags, 50 dragon flags, roughly 1000 doubloons, and a Gremyaschy. 

Let's be clear here: I am "better off" (in game) to the tune of 40 million credits, 550 flags, 1000 doubloons, and an awesome premium ship. Just for doing what I would have done anyway. 

Seems like a pretty good deal to me.

Even without supercontainers, this system is way better than the previous daily missions.

Quoted both of these above statements for truth!

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,934 posts
46,884 battles

Save yourself the grief.  Don't pick Try Your Luck.  Choose one of the other 3 crates.  After going 0 for 40+ on Try Your Luck containers last year, I switched to Flags and Consumables starting 1/1/17.  I no longer have issues with my blood pressure.

Members
80 posts
7,959 battles

Dunno, I've gotten quite a few SC from TYL option.  No ships, but 50million + credits, 250flags about 8 times, 100 dragon flags once.

I don't consider 5 free flags to be a losing roll either, so I always feel like I've won.

Be the 'glass half full' guy.  You'll be happier.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,893 posts

Save yourself the grief.  Don't pick Try Your Luck.  Choose one of the other 3 crates.  After going 0 for 40+ on Try Your Luck containers last year, I switched to Flags and Consumables starting 1/1/17.  I no longer have issues with my blood pressure.

:D

Members
42 posts

After playing this game for over a year, 10000 plus battles, I was hoping with this update of Containers that it was not going to be World of Warships as normal but an actual improvement. After dozens of matches earning dozens of containers, the Roll the Dice option is an unlucky choice. My experience is that if you choose the other options; your rewards are more in the long run and in the short run, nothing much more than frustrating. So my suggestion is anything but roll the dice option for your efforts cause it is an insult to your efforts. Enjoy what you can...

Thank you all for your great Replys

[KNTAI]
Members
3,133 posts
8,742 battles

I do TYL only for the camouflages and flags. At this point, I don't expect to get a SC. I don't care about getting more flags/camos if I use the other options, so meh.