Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aduial

PTS 0.6.0-Round 2

• You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

47 posts in this topic

My thoughts:

-FP is being buffed and being moved to T4: It now has a 10% fire chance reduction. I think that's fair enough, since it was a little bit TOO good for T3. But now that it shares its level with skills like AFT and CE, I don't think it's going to seem as attractive.

-SE is being moved to T3 with a nerf: I don't think this is a good idea, because SE has always been an important skill for USN DDs in their cap-fighting role. Sure, now it's less expensive, but the gain of HP points has been reduced by 12.5 percent (400HP/tier->350HP/tier).

-IFHE is being buffed, with less of a penalty and and more of a buff: Well, it's official. Once the patch hits the live servers, Akizukis will be eating up your DDs for breakfast. Before, I wasn't sure that many people would take this on the Akizuki, but since now you only lose 1% fire chance if you take DE in conjunction with IFHE, this almost seems like this was made for the Akizuki. She's still slower than all of her rivals, so perhaps she won't be as effective as I think she may be. 

Other ships that will benefit from this are high tier light cruisers (not the RN CLs of course), because they will now be able to penetrate the bow and aft armour of T8-10 BBs. Before the change, Mogami with her 155mm HE would have been the only light cruiser to benefit from this skill. 

-Evasive maneuver has been changed: The concealment buff is now less (-40%->-20%), but there is a HUGE HP buff of 75%. So if you are attacking an AA heavy ship, this will mean that you will be able to save more of your planes. This skill was useless before, but now it will be effective under certain circumstances. I think this could be useful for some lower tier carriers that have small hangar capacities. 

-Adrenaline rush has been changed: It now gives a 0.2% reduction of the reload of all armament for each 1% of HP lost. So at 50% HP, you will have a 10%. If you are about to die, you will have a 20% buff. Looks like it will be pretty useful, especially for certain ships that don't really benefit much from any of the level 2 skills. 

-BB catapult fighters are being nerfed: The duration is going from 300 secs to 60 seconds. I personally think that this is too much of a nerf. Perhaps a more moderate 120 seconds would be better. 

-Bismarck's Hydro is being nerfed: I think this is a fair balance decision, switching the role of its HAS from offensive to more defensive. 

Edited by Aduial

Wh... what?

Nothing on that radio position stupid skill? Are they BLIND to what the community's consensus on this skill?

Good, maybe WG whine filter is finally working. 

Unfortunate that it wasn't working when WG decided to nerf IJN DDs. Oh well. 

Wh... what?

Nothing on that radio position stupid skill? Are they BLIND to what the community's consensus on this skill?

I don't know, it looks like it's here to stay. 

Informative and with some reasonable thoughts and inputs! Thanks for this post. I still think RPF would be fine if they just increased the sector size, as a tier 4 skill it has enough competition, so nerfing it a little would make it less appealing and less godawfully prevalent.

Edited by Cruiser_Louisville

There's no announcement regarding whether the PT server will be put up to see these changes.

Evasive maneuvers is...better now,  but still not great.  It negates the speed bonus you get for dropping your load but...75% is significant.  But the problem is that the longer you spend in AA bubbles,  the higher the chance of being shot down.  Against singular targets this skill will be decent I suppose and it might help negate some of the damage coming off of strafes.  Hm.  Have to test this later.

There's no announcement regarding whether the PT server will be put up to see these changes.

The announcement has the commander skill changes but doesn't have any notes on consumables.

Wh... what?

They are just too proud of the idea to listen now. 

Wh... what?

The "community" is mostly skill starved potatoes who cry about everything imaginable and want buffs to their favorite ships they suck with, and nerfs to anything that kills them or makes them use more skill. RPF is a non-factor for anyone with any real experience/knowlege in the game and WG should ignore the "consensus" of the nub babies. 

The "community" is mostly skill starved potatoes who cry about everything imaginable and want buffs to their favorite ships they suck with, and nerfs to anything that kills them or makes them use more skill. RPF is a non-factor for anyone with any real experience/knowlege in the game and WG should ignore the "consensus" of the nub babies. 

^This. It's a mistake leveling the ships taking in consideration such players. The game loses the competitive appeal, at least for me. I'm not asking for a hardcore or realistic game. But where mind-games, situation awareness w/out the game helping and stuff like this. Something you can only get w/ experience. Edited by Cpt_JM_Nascimento

As a player who is neither a "skill starved potato" nor a "baby", I disagree.  Edited by Aduial

I really wish they would actually make IFHE attractive for more than a handful of ships.  This was one ability I would have been interested in for my CAs but it is basically worthless outside of a small handful of RU CLs from what I have seen so far.

I really wish they would actually make IFHE attractive for more than a handful of ships.  This was one ability I would have been interested in for my CAs but it is basically worthless outside of a small handful of RU CLs from what I have seen so far.

It's also viable for DDs, because it will allow them to penetrate the bow of all CAs and T7&below BBs. 

RPF is so OP I'm putting it on all of my ships when I can, well excluding CV's. Having a God like entity literally pointing out where the nearest enemy ships are no mattered the distance, the number/size of islands between you and it. Just too damn powerful not to take.

I understand WG simply wants to speed up gameplay at the cost of a specific set of tactics, flanking & surprise attacks from behind islands, to make WoWs into mainly a brute force brawling game. The faster players finish a map the more games they play and the higher chance they will spend cash on credits/doubloons/flags.

Still wish they gave us the ability to turn off our radios, making we can't chat and/or report enemy ship positions.

Wh... what?

As I understand it, most of the other servers have no issue with RPF. They had issues with some of the other parts of the rework, but not any major problems with RPF.

So no, they're not blind to "the community's consensus." It's just that the community is quite a bit larger than you think it is, and as such the community as a whole has come to a rather different "consensus" than you think.

As I understand it, most of the other servers have no issue with RPF. They had issues with some of the other parts of the rework, but not any major problems with RPF.

So no, they're not blind to "the community's consensus." It's just that the community is quite a bit larger than you think it is, and as such the community as a whole has come to a rather different "consensus" than you think.

Even taking into account how vehement some of us are about it, EU seems to be infinitely more enraged about it. From what I've seen, SEA's opinion is mixed and RU is the only server that actively wants RPF in the game.

It's not just the "nub babies" though. It's also everybody who complains about teammates being stupid. WG is doing the only thing they can do to alleviate that by forcefeeding situational awareness.

As a horse, you know where to find water when you need it. WG is hoping that if they lead the thirsty horses to water, at least some of them will drink, and not collapse of thirst and trip up the smarter horses.

It's a mistake leveling the ships taking in consideration such players. 

That's just it though. It's not just "such players", it's also players that are affected by them.

One of, if not the biggest, recurring complaints here is about how bad players screw things up for their teammates. The playerbase isn't big enough for us to have any type of SBMM, so how else can WG address these complaints but by giving bad players the chance to be made artificially more effective?

....and as such the community as a whole has come to a rather different "consensus" than you think.

And that consensus IMO, intentional or not, is that something needs to be done about "potatoes".

Other servers do have an issue with it, at least EU and RU servers for certain.

You can't be more wrong. Just read more and watch some youtubers, helps heal ignorance

Wh... what?

Da Komrad

You forget about RPF. We buff IFHE good.

It's also viable for DDs, because it will allow them to penetrate the bow of all CAs and T7&below BBs. 

My point was I am not all that excited about these changes from a CA point of view.  Honestly, I will be buying pretty much the same abilities I use right now (well with two scout planes for tier I seeing they moved BFT to tier III).  I was just hoping that there would be something that would help CAs but appears to be unlikely given the current information.

Akizuki is going to be disgusting with HEAP. If the reduced fire chance for shattered shells rumor that's been floating around for a while is true, then she'll have practically the same fire chance that she has now against T8+ BB, gain raw HE damage, and also be able to outfight even higher tier gunboats. I believe that she'll be able to give even Gearing a run for her money in a fight.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0