Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TurboT

Detection Warning Seems a Little Off .... Again

16 comments in this topic

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,757 posts
13,730 battles

Am I the only one noticing that lately the Detection warning goes away on my screen, but yet I still seem to be spotted for 5-9 seconds after it?    Thought I was safe numerous times and then got shot at again, and it's obvious to me the shots are not 'guesses'

... I know a few patches ago they claim to fix a bug with this detection warning, but it seems way worse to me now then ever it did before.

Anyone else?

Members
5,417 posts
3,213 battles

I don't have any hard evidence, but I'm very suspicious of a bug where you are spotted while in smoke, but are not alerted. Several times I've been in smoke, holding fire, and I just start taking incoming that is clearly aimed at me.

Just my experience regarding faulty detection alert.

Beta Testers
1,180 posts
7,853 battles

So of it may just be people using predictive analysis. I know that sometimes after a boat just goes dark I will shoot where it was going. Might just be better players. That being said, sometimes it does feel like you are still spotted when you should not be.

The spotting mechanics in the game are not perfect. I always get annoyed with the way spotting works around islands/etc. sometimes a ship will be spotted, and then all of a sudden right before it comes around the island it goes dark, only to be relit as soon as it comes around the island.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I haven't noticed any oddities that can't be explained by blind fire or ships behind cover/smoke. The bug appears to be fixed.

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,757 posts
13,730 battles

I haven't noticed any oddities that can't be explained by blind fire or ships behind cover/smoke. The bug appears to be fixed.

So of it may just be people using predictive analysis. I know that sometimes after a boat just goes dark I will shoot where it was going. Might just be better players. That being said, sometimes it does feel like you are still spotted when you should not be.

The spotting mechanics in the game are not perfect. I always get annoyed with the way spotting works around islands/etc. sometimes a ship will be spotted, and then all of a sudden right before it comes around the island it goes dark, only to be relit as soon as it comes around the island.

I get that if I'm still sailing in the same direction as when the light went out its possible people could still guess.  This is more like this:

1)Detected notification goes off

2)Second later turn ship opposite direction

3)Sail for 3 seconds

4) Boom shells land on me after complete course change after detection off.

Those are not guesses but an indication I am still lit despite not being told so.   Could be my server, I've had some odd target lock issues as well, but thought I'd check here.

[AFW-]
[AFW-]
Members
296 posts
14,574 battles

I get that if I'm still sailing in the same direction as when the light went out its possible people could still guess.  This is more like this:

1)Detected notification goes off

2)Second later turn ship opposite direction

3)Sail for 3 seconds

4) Boom shells land on me after complete course change after detection off.

Those are not guesses but an indication I am still lit despite not being told so.   Could be my server, I've had some odd target lock issues as well, but thought I'd check here.

i have been experiencing this as well be it in a DD or cruiser. lucky shots are fine but if you have turned and changed speed its fustrating

Members
6,168 posts
7,855 battles

I've also noticed it happening the other way around as well. I'll start getting shot at(first contact usually) and the incoming fire is clearly accurate, yet SA isn't active on my screen. Occasionally, I'll see this even after taking evasive maneuvers against the incoming fire.

Members
2,709 posts
17,046 battles

I've noticed this as well. Not quite ready to call it a "bug" as it happens infrequently enough to just be a passing moment of frustration.

However, on the flip side of that, I got reported for "hacking" cause a player was sure I couldn't see him, but he was playing like a potato, so I doubt that means anything.

I have only anecdotal evidence at best.

Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

I've always been a fan of zero detection random salvos that usually seem to all hit your ship, better than if the person could actually see your boat.

Members
760 posts
15,993 battles

TL;DR The Detection notice can get lost/obscured by background objects blending in with it.

I was in smoke, and three ships were obviously tracking me inside it. (Had room to move forward/backward)

I never saw the Detected notice. I would have bet $100 that it didn't appear. 

Went to my replay, sure enough it was there. However, it was in an area of the sky that closely matched the color and there were lots of tracers. So, it was very hard to see, and in the heat of battle...didn't see it. 

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,757 posts
13,730 battles

Just another stealth nerf to Japanese destroyers, pay it no mind.

considering I barely play those boring ships I'd say my experience with this issue goes beyond IJN DDs.

Alpha Tester
2,409 posts
8,275 battles

considering I barely play those boring ships I'd say my experience with this issue goes beyond IJN DDs.

it happens to me too in several different ships, none of which are IJN DDs but by all means keep the whine strong Kiyoshimo.

[KAG]
Members
955 posts
16,798 battles

I'm a bit annoyed that planes can spot you but you can't see them. This happens often..if a plane is spotting you, you should also be able to spot the plane.

• Cool 1

Members
57 posts
1,717 battles

I did notice during one of my (non-lagged) games that there seemed to be some sort of desync.  Ships would suddenly explode, and then be struck by the broadside of torpedoes that killed them a half second AFTER the fact.  It went away in the next match, but I could see how that could cause the spot indicator to be somewhat unreliable.

Sign in to follow this