Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
RevolutionBlues

Shiratsuyu - A nice consolation prize

2 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

So with the IJN DD changes I thought I was done with Hatsuharu forever. It would be replaced with a nice shiny Akatsuki, I would never have to see it again, and that would be that. So deep is my hatred for this ship that it completely overwhelmed my desire to try out the new branch. I simply pretended that it didn't exist. 

Until today

My curiosity finally got the better of me, so I decided to climb back into that miserable pile of nippon scrap metal and (Armed with every single thing I could find to increase XP income) grind it out.

I don't know how they did it, but somehow Wargaming managed to make Hatsuharu slightly more miserable then I remembered. 20-something rage inducing battles later I had unlocked Shiratsuyu. However, my hatred had by then risen to a level where I briefly considered booking a flight to Japan, just so I could desecrate the grave of whoever designed that miserable contraption. 

By then I was ready to call it a day and log off. Then uninstall the game, reformat my C drive half a dozen times, hire a priest to purge any evil that remained, and then just for good measure burn the entire PC. 

But before I did I needed to try my new ship out just once.

Xrunglm.jpg

While it's not the greatest battle in WoWs history, I was instantly cheered up by the results of my first battle in my bone stock ship. So in celebration I am going to say something I have never said before, and that you will probably never see me say again...

......pot!

• Cool 2

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

While I agree with about the first time I ground through the Hatsuharu ; this time I actually did ok (of course that could be that the IJN DD line was the first I went up ; so long ago) . And then there was one of the last matches I had in her that was just a blast to play .

http://wowreplays.com/Replay/23571-Chien_Lu_Anderman-Northern-Lights        :trollface:

I do agree also that the Shiratsuyu is much more enjoyable .   :honoring:

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this