Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

Annd THIS is what makes this game just not fun...

56 comments in this topic

[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles

Work a 12 hour shift.  up at 5am, crap drive to work, snowing all the way home, just want to relax and warship a bit and have a few beers on what is my Friday.  Get smoked in my first 3 games, usual Yamato luck, and just want a good game.  One good game.  FINAAAAAAALLY..  2 Des Moines walk in with me, legit support, and we start rocking.  First Blood, 2 close quarters, and an arsonist.  Killing it.  My cruiser brothers are doing what cruisers SHOULD be doing and leaving me to worry about my business...and business is good.  Somehow the rest of the fleet gets themselves wiped out.  Not sure how.  I had a lot going on and wasn't really gawking at the rest of the map.  Just taking care of what needed to be done.  But..  it got down to it and 1 CA bit it and the other had to bail.  No worries..  He did more than enough and I was getting down to it by then anyway myself.  We had a CV in the party and I was getting special attention from the planes.  No worries.   Montana comes in on me.  Got a cit on him...focused my seconds got bow in and the party started.   I missed one shot.  ONE SHOT...  and the dead pukes in the chat start up.  "Ohhhh  how could you miss that.  we lost this game cuz F'n Yammy couldn't hit a broadside Montana."   Well hell..  I was dodging plane torps.  bombers..  some sort of spam fire that always seems to follow a Yammy around, and missed one salvo.  Montana zigged when I thought he would zag and it was bow on...  That kill, as much as I wanted a Kraken to go with the rest, wasn't going to win it anyway.   Between this, and the damn stat fanatics, a guy can't even come home from work, drink a beer, and have a good time.  I had a great game, finally, with some absolute legit CA support, and STILL there are people out there that just want to drag you down.   This behavior will ultimately be the end of this game.  Wait and see.  Salty is salty,  I can be as salty as the next.  Just plain idiocy, which I actually had in all of my games though my stats were far less impressive, will be the undoing.

The Iowa, I forgot to mention him, was also a brawler and took some unfortunate early heat.  He did his part though as well.   Be those guys.  Don't be the punk in the Atago that dies after farming some damage and then sits and dimes everyone else out.

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig
  • Cool 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles

In World of Tanks (at least in my experience) it is worse and unfortunately (in the case of your post) as can be seen WoT ; they are still going strong .

[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles

In World of Tanks (at least in my experience) it is worse and unfortunately (in the case of your post) as can be seen WoT ; they are still going strong .

Never played it, but from what I read here about it, it seems like a game most people don't enjoy.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Never played it, but from what I read here about it, it [World of Tanks] seems like a game most people don't enjoy.

zACOzEc.jpg

[RICO5]
Members
3,273 posts
7,504 battles

Not letting me add the shot of the team play...  but those guys rocked

Happyninja - Desmoines

1_2_8_9 - Desmoines

3_3_3 Tropper - Iowa

happy took top in points, I took second, and the other guys finished a bit farther down, but they did their part and deserved higher than the stat farmers above them.

This beer is for you.

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,829 battles

Try not to let this nonsense bother you.  Whats priceless is when the smack talkers starting whining at you and you manage to pull off some MLG stuff and shove it back in their face.  It will happen.

Earlier today had someone whining the "the Zao at the back doing nothing" which was of course me, myself and I.  Meanwhile jackwad isn't smart enough to notice the Khab, enemy Zao and two Tirpitz' that had pushed through the cap and were circling our fleet. (Khab was 8km from me in smoke).   Needless to say Zao power happened and I ended with 4 kills and 211k damage, while Mr.Smart mouth drove around the outside in his NC and finished next to last on the team in XP.   It is certainly a good feeling to make the naysayer turds look bad.  

Keep shootin!

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Salt and sour comes hand in hand with potatoes.

jDqSoJO.png

I prefer this brand.

Image result for sea salt chips

And it's not just salt, it's SEA salt........:)

Edited by Aduial
  • Cool 1

Members
2,688 posts
4,560 battles

Eh,  you get it sometimes.  I've been called a bot before because I didn't have my single four fighter squadron providing air support from,  of all things,  an AS Indy.  When I started getting kills the same guy who called me a bot complained about that too.  Some people just want to whine.

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

No, they are not. They've lost 38% of the player base in the last 3 years. Why do you think they're just now trying to stop cheating, trying to stop abuse and bullying,etc.?
Edited by Gomez_Adams
  • Cool 1

Members
3,929 posts
20,880 battles

They've lost 38% of the player base in the last 3 years.

Where did you find this information? 

Members
2,246 posts
2,562 battles

Well, it works just fine for me and I'm sure it works just fine for everybody else that clicks it. Guess you might need to call the Geek Squad and have them come out and examine your system.

Members
3,929 posts
20,880 battles

I'm sure it works just fine for everybody else that clicks it. Guess you might need to call the Geek Squad and have them come out and examine your system.

What's number of the geek squad? And tell me which one of your friends I should speak to.

Thanks. 

Edited by Njourour

Beta Testers
1,362 posts
4,392 battles

Comes back to here for me too. On a phone.

But i have no doubt about the loss of players.

As for russian servers. Its russia and wot is a free game. What do u expect from a mostly deprived nation.

Per person. I bet russia spends the least amount of cash on wot.

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

I had a teammate now two days dime out my position as a CV because I did not instantly take my lone fighter squadron on my Essex, and scout where he wanted me to for a DD near him (there were 3 other, not bust ships nearby) because I was more focused trying to obliterate the IJN attack force about to nuke one of our BB's.

Learn to enjoy their salt, especially when it's a blueberry or grape you outperform/wreck. One of my favorite things about the stat elitists, they are so focused on their precious numbers they forget that sometimes the lower stats are essentially a red herring. Especially in tanks. Can't tell you how many times those high stats players, sometimes affiliated with top clans, accused me of gold spamming, cheating, etc because (unlike the accusers, that were gold spamming themselves) I actually learned how to pen most everything with standard AP rounds and spent my first 8000 or so matches dicking around, not really learning mechanics and playing every line.

And then the grand equalizer, RNG, that can create all the salt because a well aimed shot detonates them. But I suppose bright side no ones created a stupid win% chance predictor for this game yet. You wanna see toxic self fulfilling prophecy's, that guarantees them.

Alpha Tester
5,281 posts
12,191 battles

Just copy the link and paste it, the click just doubles back here for whatever reason.

And I can only guess where in it he found the numbers.

• Cool 2

Members
3,929 posts
20,880 battles

And I can only guess where in it he found the numbers.

yep it's odd. He's a bit evasive.

The reason I asked is b/c many times you see people state things without supporting them.

Edited by yUPPatriots

[TGRLY]
Members
72 posts
5,989 battles

I know what ya mean. Last night I was just grinding out my North Carolina and ended up in a tier X match on Okinawa. Sailed into a strait with two cruisers and a F. Der Grobe behind me when I spot an array of torpedoes approaching the strait. I reverse thrust to avoid the early damage and the Friederich ignores my aversion to sinking, slams into my stern, pushing me into the torpedoes, then opens fire into the aft of my citadel for not moving out of his way. Even after he turned pink and I finally detached from his bow he kept firing on my Showboat until I sank and Wargaming pulled a Finger-of-God and wiped him from the map. It just bums ya out, man.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

Link doesn't work. Just redirects back to this page.

Same.

Ok, I googled it and found the API, but have no idea what I'm looking at. But if someone wants to dig, they can probably prove or disprove it.

But if it is a 38% drop, it's probably because I stopped playing. :trollface:

Edited by Skpstr

Sign in to follow this