Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Commander_LuXun

12 battles in the Nagato so far.

17 comments in this topic

Members
2,201 posts
5,010 battles

And I think she is a decent vessel. I've one-shot a few cruisers. Her armor's slightly worse than the Colorado, and I've eaten large citadels, but overall it's not too bad. She's about as maneuverable as the Colorado in terms of the rudder shift but takes more room to turn. My aim still sucks in her, I don't know if I should lead more or less than in a Colorado at the same distances, and I still need to figure out her ideal playstyle / fighting range. So far I've played 12 battles in it, but only 3 or 4 of these battles were decent. The others were all either blowout wins or losses, or matches where I simply could not contribute much due to better / more lucky players, mostly in German BB (Scharnhorst / Gneiseneau) divisions. German BBs are a PITA for the other two lines. I just had a 107k damage game in her (only 17 shells hit) with an Omaha and a Nagato kill. The Nagato for some strange reason was reversing, maybe he ran aground or something. 5 citadels, including a really lucky one on a Furutaka at 17 or 18km for 28.9k damage. Not sure if anyone else has noticed this. I returned from a 3-week break and even on a weekday the teams are 'weekend quality'. Not sure what's contributing to this, because I expect weekdays to be decent.

Members
2,201 posts
5,010 battles

In a T8 battle where the enemy had 2 Tirpitzs, I dealt 17k damage to one and also did some fire damage. The Bismarck that was pushing with me (he got 3 kills and a High Caliber) finished him off with one salvo and secondaries. I was foolish enough to charge the other Tirpitz, and he sunk me with his torps. Darn those arcs. Still I got 80k damage (one-shot an Aoba at 10.8km) and got 3rd place on the team. Friendly Farragut placed in second, which really surprised me. 

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

nagato is really good midrange ship with decent speed.    keep angled and it can take decent punishment.   gun is pretty accurate once you get it dialed in.   you are not a brawler, unless it is near the end of the match. 

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles

Ever heard of formatting your posts with paragraphs?

Nagato is my Tier 7 Queen of Oblivion. I just love seeing ships turn away when my guns are aimed on them :3

~Hunter

[FG]
Members
566 posts
4,805 battles

The Nagato is basically the Tier 7 battleship you least want to ever give your broadside to. The combination of accuracy, damage and penetration makes her shells the most dangerous at Tier 7 imo. 

She isn't a front line BB though. You may have the most health for a Tier 7 BB (as much as the NorCal), but you will lose that quickly in a close range fight, where AP shells will pen you from everywhere. 

Members
2,201 posts
5,010 battles

Thanks for the tips. And what's explaining the huge number of potato teams lately?

BTW just got into a few Tier 9 matches. It was absolute hell. No one presented a side long enough for me to shot at, and worst of all it was all stand-off ish fighting at 16km+ except for the DDs.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

if you are shooting nose in  BB,  switch to HE.  16" start fire like nobody's business.  :D         lots of spuds  everywhere and my t8's been in lots of t10 matches.        lots of potatoes at every tier now.     its called progress.    :D

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

All T7 BBs are remarkably well balanced without feeling generic. Each one has a well-defined niche. I think Nagato is made for opportunistic punishment of broadsides and dismantling KM BBs from outside of their effective range. She's certainly squishy and prefers not to be shot at, angled or not, regardless of caliber. The guns feel extremely powerful but the carry potential is iffy considering you cannot tank or take on destroyers.

Members
2,201 posts
5,010 battles

Yes she still feels sort of squishy, and i really like the close-in kind of play style. i don't know if she isn't suitable for my play style or if it's simply a streak of bad luck with MM and teams.

Edited by Zionas

[KNTAI]
Members
3,133 posts
8,742 battles

I don't like the accuracy on the Nagato. I prefer the Colorado, as it feels more consistent. It also has better AA and better heal, so there's that, too.

[CHASE]
[CHASE]
Members
4,578 posts
12,604 battles

Nagato is one of my favorite Trolling battleships because how accurate the guns are. Even v other battleships of higher tiers the Nagato is still a very good ship at catching unaware bbs and Cruisers with heavy damage.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

I don't like the accuracy on the Nagato. I prefer the Colorado, as it feels more consistent. It also has better AA and better heal, so there's that, too.

Same here, after the Colorado buff that is. Now if only she had some more speed...

Beta Testers
268 posts
4,301 battles

I don't hate the Nagato, but it just feels bland. I can't really explain it, it just feels like a tier appropriate 2 gun 4 turret BB with ok armor, accuracy, and above average secondaries.

Edit: I definetly need more matches in it and I have been too aggressive thus far.  

[WOLFG]
Members
30,718 posts
9,292 battles

All T7 BBs are remarkably well balanced without feeling generic. Each one has a well-defined niche. I think Nagato is made for opportunistic punishment of broadsides and dismantling KM BBs from outside of their effective range. She's certainly squishy and prefers not to be shot at, angled or not, regardless of caliber. The guns feel extremely powerful but the carry potential is iffy considering you cannot tank or take on destroyers.

The secondaries are nice in a defensive role against DDs. 

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles

As a base ship it is just a slow hulk like every other base ship.  I found it floundered compared to the maneuverable Fuso before it.  However, I liked my Nagato once I got the upgraded hull, range, and engines.  It turned into a beast and is now one of my favourite ships.

Members
3,959 posts
7,738 battles

Yes she still feels sort of squishy, and i really like the close-in kind of play style. i don't know if she isn't suitable for my play style or if it's simply a streak of bad luck with MM and teams.

She is suitable, but you have to pick your fights wisely. I.e. don't try to brawl ships that have torps, unless you're reasonably sure that you can 1-shot them. Also, angling is a big deal for Nagato, because her sides are very squishy.

[808]
Alpha Tester
874 posts
5,175 battles

She's a good ship.  Like most ships the stock hulls aren't that good but once you get all the upgrades things get a lot better.

Sign in to follow this