Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

So long and thanks for all the fun!

22 comments in this topic

[NH]
Members
0 posts

Hey guys,

Just dropping by to say goodbye. Had a whole lot of fun when this game first came out. Its just not fun anymore.

Top reasons:

1. high tier gameplay still not fun at all. 

2. The switcharoo on German DDs

3. Not happy with the way ship lines are being adjusted (nerfed).

4. RIP cruisers in general.

Now what to do with 32k doubloons?

[YIKES]
WoWS Community Contributors, In AlfaTesters
1,090 posts
20,807 battles

Goodbye and good luck, hope you find something more enjoyable. 

Beta Testers
1,022 posts
1,161 battles

Hey guys,

Just dropping by to say goodbye. Had a whole lot of fun when this game first came out. Its just not fun anymore.

Top reasons:

Put a ticket in, they might switch it to tanks but I doubt it. Otherwise, money wasted in your case, so sorry.

[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,423 battles

Might as well just save the doubloons. I am sure at some point the "meta" will more fit your style and they'll help close whatever gap there may be when you start playing again. I find that players with that much time/money invested tend to take breaks rather than full blown quitting. I have only truly quit 1 game after investing thousands of hours into it, while I have taken breaks from a lot of games.

[-K-]
Alpha Tester
1,876 posts
7,899 battles

I'd keep it in case you ever feel like coming back. Who knows maybe in a year you will feel like blasting ships again?

Edited by GoldPile

Members
11,026 posts
30,507 battles

RIP cruisers?

I grinded 150k free exp in 3 days using nothing but 3 cruisers.

You can be damn sure they're still relevant.

[APOC]
Members
1,979 posts
6,423 battles

RIP cruisers?

The quantity of games played isn't reflective of the overall performance of an entire class of ship or individuals within that class. You played 61 games at a pretty average stat line, I'd assume you've also used boosts.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,093 battles

RIP cruisers?

but no everyone can play 15k matches  sheesh. and I thought I spend too much time on this game.    :D

Members
3,105 posts
12,308 battles

Cruisers are fine.  In fact I mostly play the cruisers.  Zao, Atago, Kutuzov, Belfast - these are among my most played ships.  Yes, I also play other classes except CVs, but I still prefer being in a cruiser any time.

Members
11,026 posts
30,507 battles

The quantity of games played isn't reflective of the overall performance of an entire class of ship or individuals within that class. You played 61 games at a pretty average stat line, I'd assume you've also used boosts.

I actually played above my average for that grindfest. Dropping over the 3 days. But yeah, the whole reason I played 225 games over 3 and a bit days is to take advantage of event boosts..

Alpha Tester
1,730 posts
1,193 battles

Cruisers are fine.  In fact I mostly play the cruisers.  Zao, Atago, Kutuzov, Belfast - these are among my most played ships.  Yes, I also play other classes except CVs, but I still prefer being in a cruiser any time.

Three premiums and the one tech line paper ship that everyone knows is OP. Pretty damning evidence that they are not fine imho.

Members
325 posts
12,540 battles

The diminishing cruiser meta is pretty evident which is kind of a bummer because I've mostly been playing cruisers since the game went open beta.

All the ARP Kongo clones will soften things plus over Shipsmas I scored the Warspite and Arizona and Ishizuchi.  And I bought the Texas when it came out but only recently have I been playing it more.  And with the Christmas Convoys delivering up the Fuso and the Bayern, more BBs to play.

The Warspite, btw, is an awesome ship.

I pretty much suck at DDs since I've only ever had the Tachibana until I got the Anshan for Shipsmas.  Will have the Farragut soon as well but I'm clearly better at cruiser and BB play than DD play.

As for my cruisers, I'm up to the Ibuki and almost to the Zao and I'll play them, if only to grind free exp but I'm with you on the how the meta is making cruisers not entirely unplayable but definitely making them comparatively unrewarding, given how much more damage I tend to do in BBs and earn with them compared to cruisers.

That said, today I did sneak up on an Izumo in my Ibuki over by the D cap on North and put 5 torps into him.  Glorious.

Edited by Gully_Foyle_AS128127006

Beta Testers
1,971 posts
11,536 battles

Don't quit. Instead, fight for the change that you want to see happen. This video explains multiple examples of how the players themselves helped the company to change things that needed to be changed.

Members
1,404 posts
1,584 battles

Cruisers are *okay,* but in no way great. I've been saying this since the beta, but they really don't have a job in the game as it stands now - all things being equal, if you could build a 'perfect' force in WoWs, why would you ever assemble said team out of anything but destroyers and battleships? 

Members
304 posts
4,008 battles

Hey guys,

Top reasons:

Sorry to hear that -- sorry, but not all that surprised.  If you start tallying up all the dysfunctional parts of the game, you find that the whole meta starts to look like Swiss cheese.

Frankly, I've already bought my next game.  I'll stick out WoWs until after patch 6.0 to see if things turn around, otherwise I'm moving off on indefinite hiatus too.

I'd second the idea that you leave the doubloons alone for now. As other commentators have pointed out, maybe the WoWS management/devs will restaff and rethink in a couple months, then things might turn around.

Members
3,010 posts
10,190 battles

Three premiums and the one tech line paper ship that everyone knows is OP. Pretty damning evidence that they are not fine imho.

So you're going to use 1 persons experience as your "damning" evidence? Awesome...

Well, I'll pull a slightly larger, albeit not much, pool.

I'll use a couple of games from Tier 5 I had this past week (one in an Omaha at which I was put in a Tier 7 match).

Clearly the Omaha is OP, I had a fluke match AND the other team were potato's.. Only explanation. Moving on.

2884GSP.jpg

Here's a Kirov match, same dame but in a Tier 6 match.

Again, Kirov OP, fluke match, other team = potato's. I mean obviously right, how else can a CA of any sort do any form of damage? (yes, my sarcasm should be utterly dripping at this point).

W8wUsQ6.jpg

And while I don't have any recent screenshots of higher tier CA play, I do play and own Tier 8's and even a 10 CA. I am working my way up to the Baltimore as well as the RN line. I should mention that I also play DD's, but that I am a BB main...

Oh, one thing I did forget. I did drag up some competitive play information from ship comrade.

zUo4RM0.jpg

and

VwJQXk5.jpg

One thing to note, the way I pulled that info was simple. Season 5, Rank #1 players, set ship to Chappy or New Orleans (or whatever "non" premium/"non" over powered) ship you choose. You would be surprised at how many people did well in these ships at a competitive level.... Indeed though, the sky is falling.

After all, according to DD's, they are getting nerfed = sky falling. On some servers, BB's are getting nerfed = sky falling. So why not right? Heck, everyone into the pool!

Beta Testers
268 posts
4,301 battles

RIP cruisers?

I agree that cruisers are still relevant, but they are a biotch to play.   Don't get me wrong, I enjoy playing them, but you can't make near as many mistakes as all the other classes.   Usually one is enough to kill you in cruisers.    Other classes you can make a few mistakes and pay in hp.    But in cruisers you pay in games.   

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,701 posts

I've been playing the U.S. cruisers (currently Baltimore), the worst cruiser line, and really enjoying them.  I'm even a BB main.

I think cruisers need some tweaks, but definitely have a place in the game.

Alpha Tester
1,730 posts
1,193 battles

So you're going to use 1 persons experience as your "damning" evidence? Awesome...

Well, I'll pull a slightly larger, albeit not much, pool.

I'll use a couple of games from Tier 5 I had this past week (one in an Omaha at which I was put in a Tier 7 match).

Clearly the Omaha is OP, I had a fluke match AND the other team were potato's.. Only explanation. Moving on.

2884GSP.jpg

Here's a Kirov match, same dame but in a Tier 6 match.

Again, Kirov OP, fluke match, other team = potato's. I mean obviously right, how else can a CA of any sort do any form of damage? (yes, my sarcasm should be utterly dripping at this point).

W8wUsQ6.jpg

And while I don't have any recent screenshots of higher tier CA play, I do play and own Tier 8's and even a 10 CA. I am working my way up to the Baltimore as well as the RN line. I should mention that I also play DD's, but that I am a BB main...

Oh, one thing I did forget. I did drag up some competitive play information from ship comrade.

zUo4RM0.jpg

and

VwJQXk5.jpg

One thing to note, the way I pulled that info was simple. Season 5, Rank #1 players, set ship to Chappy or New Orleans (or whatever "non" premium/"non" over powered) ship you choose. You would be surprised at how many people did well in these ships at a competitive level.... Indeed though, the sky is falling.

After all, according to DD's, they are getting nerfed = sky falling. On some servers, BB's are getting nerfed = sky falling. So why not right? Heck, everyone into the pool!

So you replace a single user sample size with single samples from various ships and call it a better comparison. Look up the stats on how cruisers are performing GLOBALLY, it doesn't lie.

Sign in to follow this