You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gonowgetdown

Are you less likely to get a super container if you always try your luck?

6 comments in this topic

[PRSR-]
Members
189 posts
7,887 battles

Obviously, this is not scientific. But I've noticed that when I occasionally "try my luck," I'm more likely to get a super container. Rather than only selecting it, where I'm right now ~12 containers in a row without a super container. Thoughts? 

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,377 battles

If it works the way they say it works, you shouldn't be less likely to get a Super by always Trying Your Luck... but you never know. I've always done Try Your Luck and I've gotten maybe four or five percent Supers?

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

We don't really know the actual numbers, but there's no reason to think that "Try Your Luck" doesn't work like it's described.  From the polls I've seen on various forums, my guess is that it's something like a ~1% chance normally and maybe a 1.5-3% chance for "Try Your Luck", but don't quote me on that, it's just a guess.  Those percentages are low enough that for most people they're going to feel almost the same.

Anecdotally I used to roll "Try Your Luck" every time before the crazy Santa box giveaway ended up landing me every premium I wanted, since then I've only been rolling for flags and, granted the sample sizes are smaller but for the flag rolls, I've only ever gotten supercontainers from "Try Your Luck".

Members
1,326 posts
95 battles

Obviously, this is not scientific. But I've noticed that when I occasionally "try my luck," I'm more likely to get a super container. Rather than only selecting it, where I'm right now ~12 containers in a row without a super container. Thoughts? 

12 containers in a row without a Supercontainer? That's nothing. The chance of getting one with TYL is somewhere between 1-3% by most accounts. 

[SCCC]
Members
3,177 posts
12,787 battles

You're only at 12 containers in a row without one? Try 108. That's where I'm at currently. 108 Try your luck without a single supercontainer.

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

You're supposedly more likely to get one, but still very very unlikely in practical terms. I prefer to go for the consumable crates, they're good value for the opportunity cost - or so I feel.

Edited by gurudennis