Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
OddParadigm

So I figured i'd try out CV's after being away from the game for a year until recently.

5 comments in this topic

Members
8 posts
1,850 battles

shot-17.01.10_20.56.13-0204.jpg

The top player on our team couldn't have done more than half the damage I did, but maybe I'm wrong. 4, nearly full HP kills, and I get this? I know it was a loss but wth? Maybe my expectations were just too high but it seems off, what has changed with CV's? I royally suck with these ships and I'm trying to learn but finally having a good game, getting NOTHING for xp and still losing is just making me salty and want to sell the thing. 

[SWOLF]
Beta Testers
791 posts
7,620 battles

The top player on our team couldn't have done more than half the damage I did, but maybe I'm wrong. 4, nearly full HP kills, and I get this? I know it was a loss but wth? Maybe my expectations were just too high but it seems off, what has changed with CV's? I royally suck with these ships and I'm trying to learn but finally having a good game, getting NOTHING for xp and still losing is just making me salty and want to sell the thing. 

we need the rest of the stats to see why... ie: damage received, potential damage, damage you did, all that stuff.

Edit: also you only shot down 4 planes, planes are worth a bit more now. try shooting down more planes, spoting for your team, caping, focus DD's things like that. just doing damage and nothing else doesn't really make the credits or xp it used to.

Edited by GX9900A
  • Cool 2

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles

There is something off with your " 4, nearly full HP kills, and I get this?" statement.  The third player down (the other CV) on my team got 1 ship kill and no plane kills and out xped you.

be4yb7J.jpg

[HINON]
Members
4,020 posts
4,800 battles

It's troublesome at low tiers. I understand your pain. Basically, playing CVs, especially IJN CVs, is very much about doing a lot of different things at once.

There are four things that the best CV player will do consistently, according to Wargaming at least:

1. Deal high percent damage (for example, dealing 5,000 hitpoints to a DD is worth more than 5,000 to a BB) to enemy surface ships-- You did this
  2. Secure kills and remove enemies from the game-- You did this
  3. Take down enemy aircraft (strafing is very helpful for this)-- You did not do this
  4. Spot enemy warships and secure spotting damage-- I can't tell from the stats, but you probably didn't do this

That last one especially is hard at low tiers, since you have much fewer squads that are free to risk, and part of dealing good damage is maximizing your squad refresh rate.

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles

A Langley is op but the Hosho does 3 things better. 1 cross drop, 2 reload bombers and 3 not be detected.

The issue is how to turn that into gains. Spot early, cross drop kill DDS and position yourself closer to the fighting.

Additional tips. Don't place you bombers near friendly DDS. The red CV fighters will detect them while chasing your planes. Don't perms spot DDS that your team can't shoot. Your Tbs spot just as well as your fighters, even with no torpedoes loaded. You can use your TBS to force bbs to turn even after they are empty. Cross drop cross drop cross drop

Sign in to follow this