Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JochenHeiden

What to expect from Chapayev?

11 comments in this topic

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

I am ripping through the Shchors right now and loving this ship.  The firepower is amazing and I have had multiple rounds now with over 20+ fires set per match.  I am 12k away (probably 2-3 games) from being able to get the Chapayev and I have plenty of free XP to fully upgrade once I get it.

When I make the jump, what can I expect from this ship?  Does anyone have some suggestions for captain skills and modules?

[PLDN]
Alpha Tester
2,162 posts
6,692 battles

Higher tier Shchors with radar, so burns from range, lots of burns.

[CTF38]
[CTF38]
Members
4,535 posts
14,001 battles

Chapayev will give you joy, but it feels sluggish when maneuvering.  Stay at range and set many fires with Stalinium HE.

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

A ship the feels comfortable at range, guns performs well at medium range but rewards occasional close encounter greatly.

Should stay at range and trade shots, speed, armor, and armaments are well suited for this role (despite the HE have a tendency to shatter if not aimed at superstructure)

A shchors with longer range and armor more effective against enemy cruisers.

Radar is also very nice to have, can be incredibly powerful if Chpaevy found herself top tier.

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
14,381 battles

get all the Concealment you can  and you will really enjoy the hell out of this ship....a LOT

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

So I just played my last round in the Shchors before I make the jump.  Talk about going out on a high note!  I love(d) this ship to death.

Shchors%201_zpspnfpgi6a.jpg

Shchors%202_zps4k2xmcg4.jpg

Shchors%203_zpsshn09fij.jpg

[-KIA-]
Banned
9,382 posts
21,083 battles

Do you have a 15-point captain specced for concealment on Chapayev?

If yes, then you can radar from stealth with a full build once you get to the B hull.  It's hilariously broken and guaranteed to upset a lot of people.  Otherwise you play her like an uptiered Shchors that bow-tanks T6 BBs.

Edited by TenguBlade

Members
866 posts
8,847 battles

If yes, then you can radar from stealth with a full build once you get to the B hull.  It's hilariously broken and guaranteed to upset a lot of people.  Otherwise you play her like an uptiered Shchors that bow-tanks T6 BBs.

I just got the Chapayev, I have a 12 point captain but he's coming along quickly on the training.  I put on the concealment mod and there is a small 1km or so stealth firing window from what I can see as-is.  Once I get the 15th point I'll surely go for concealment expert as well.

[5D]
Members
63 posts
12,943 battles

I like this ship... Got a 15 Pt cap for sure it and kepted for clan battles 

Edited by brandy00

[R-R-R]
Members
1,069 posts
10,863 battles

Wow, you seem to be really good with russian cruisers. You should have no problem with chapayev as you did so well with Shchors.

Would be great if you can share a tip or two on how to russian cruisers haha. I personally haven't found the best playstyle yet.

Sign in to follow this