You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Madman7

Do team killers really pay repair cost?

17 comments in this topic

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
492 posts
5,305 battles

So I just got killed by a teammate (5 torps from a Fletcher). I know it was on purpose, it was pretty much point blank. My question is, does the team killer really pay the repair bills for the person they killed?

I ask because I ended up with a repair bill of -64k.    Profit was 40k, -64k for repair... so I ended up with a negative bill for the battle.

If TK's do not pay repair bill, then its all good.  If they are supposed to pay the repair bill, I am curious why mine was not.

I have screen shots and vid of the battle, but dont want to post it all if TKs don't pay the bill. If they are supposed to, I have no prob posting it all. 

Edited by Madman7

Alpha Tester
1,730 posts
1,193 battles

Getting pink status just means you get damage mirrored on you when you do damage to team members.

Edited by Cragger

[CVLOV]
Beta Testers
3,640 posts
2,638 battles

No compensation anymore... Because reasons.

Never mind the fact that it ends your game early preventing you of making money, ending in maybe a loss at higher tier + loss of flags, consumables, 50gold camo and other buffs that could be your +50-100-150% bonus exp on a win.

Bad decision from WG to not make the TK pay anymore.

Edited by Francois424

Members
4,300 posts
3,255 battles

There is no repair cost in the game. You only pay a service fee when you start the match

The reason you don't get compensated any longer is that people abused it, getting intentionally killed and making a small profit

• Cool 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts

When you get the pink stink go play it off in coop at T2/3.  The ten games go by fast.

I just saw a guy in a Random game playing his Gneisenau while pink. Since it's not very maneuverable another player bumped him.  Ouch! Three more games in pink.

The other day I witnessed one player deliberately bump a pink player twice at the start of a Random game.  I reported him.

There are some real jerks and bullies in this game.

:rolleyes:

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
492 posts
5,305 battles

No compensation anymore... Because reasons.

Never mind the fact that it ends your game early preventing you of making money, ending in maybe a loss at higher tier + loss of flags, consumables, 50gold camo and other buffs that could be your +50-100-150% bonus exp on a win.

Bad decision from WG to not make the TK pay anymore.

Ok, thanks for that info.

Kinda funny how a guy can kill someone at the start of battle... then go on to do well and end up near the top of the charts. Almost like the TK had "NO" impact on his final score.    So, if people can do this (and only be pink).... what stops more people from doing this?

Being pick does not seem like its a reason not to TK.... if you can get away with it.    Those that want to TK dont care about being pink... im willing to bet.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

So I just got killed by a teammate (5 torps from a Fletcher). I know it was on purpose, it was pretty much point blank. My question is, does the team killer really pay the repair bills for the person they killed?

I ask because I ended up with a repair bill of -64k.    Profit was 40k, -64k for repair... so I ended up with a negative bill for the battle.

If TK's do not pay repair bill, then its all good.  If they are supposed to pay the repair bill, I am curious why mine was not.

I have screen shots and vid of the battle, but dont want to post it all if TKs don't pay the bill. If they are supposed to, I have no prob posting it all. 

You used to have fines applied and a portion of those fines would go to the person you team damaged, but when they did the economy change, they removed the money received from the victim. 

[WOLF8]
Beta Testers
492 posts
5,305 battles

You used to have fines applied and a portion of those fines would go to the person you team damaged, but when they did the economy change, they removed the money received from the victim. 

So there is no "Real" consequence besides turning PINK?      that just does not seem right.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

So there is no "Real" consequence besides turning PINK?      that just does not seem right.

Once pink, damage you do to green is reduced, you still get fined, time being pink is reset, and gets you closer to a ban. You also receive damage when damaging green ships iirc

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

If you do it often enough you get flagged and you will get suspended.  It's not going to happen to a normal player but you can't TK every match and get away with it.  Unfortunately it can be gamed, but it's probably better to err on the side of letting some clowns get away with bad behaviour instead of being so strict that innocent or simply unaware players are getting suspended from a game they're probably paying for.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,666 posts
9,285 battles

Ok, thanks for that info.

Kinda funny how a guy can kill someone at the start of battle... then go on to do well and end up near the top of the charts. Almost like the TK had "NO" impact on his final score.    So, if people can do this (and only be pink).... what stops more people from doing this?

The TKing player is still penalised, but XP penalties are very low.

Beta Testers
20 posts
415 battles

When you get the pink stink go play it off in coop at T2/3.  The ten games go by fast.

I just saw a guy in a Random game playing his Gneisenau while pink. Since it's not very maneuverable another player bumped him.  Ouch! Three more games in pink.

The other day I witnessed one player deliberately bump a pink player twice at the start of a Random game.  I reported him.

There are some real jerks and bullies in this game.

:rolleyes:

in my last game i was hit twice, by two separate players. i got more penalties, more pink games because i made a small mistake. i think it is unfair to be penalized if they hit you. if i it you i would be glad to pay because i was at fault.

Members
2 posts
14,299 battles

I believe that the "TK" penalty should be at the discretion of the player on the receiving end of the damage. Tk damage can occur in many circumstances. Have the game developers considered giving a penalty button option to the player damaged or killed during a battle? If the damaged player feels that a penalty should be imposes he could click a button (yes or No). Just a thought for future testing.....

Members
319 posts
5,581 battles

If you do damage, you get fined, possibly heavily and turned pink.  Then you feel shame and go work it off in Coop.

If you receive damage, you get nothing.

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

I believe that the "TK" penalty should be at the discretion of the player on the receiving end of the damage. Tk damage can occur in many circumstances. Have the game developers considered giving a penalty button option to the player damaged or killed during a battle? If the damaged player feels that a penalty should be imposes he could click a button (yes or No). Just a thought for future testing.....

Absolutely not. One punishment for all team damages, and killers.

Its hard to say what impact team damage does in the game but blame is very easy to pass on