Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Commander_LuXun

Yuudachi and Inazuma as premium DDs.

28 comments in this topic

Members
3,679 posts
8,111 battles

omg brace for poi spam...:popcorn:

That being said Inazuma can be sold as a pre-nerfed Fubuki, a premium tier 8 gun-torp hybrid dd...I'm sure ppl would by her just like they bought the kamikaze...

poipoipoi~

Edited by The_first_harbinger

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

Poi!

In all seriousness though, I don't want to see more premium clones until they sort out their nerfing premiums policy. As much as I would love an Ayanami or Yukikaze making ships that are frozen in time isn't good for the game - just look at Kamikaze.

Members
2,201 posts
5,009 battles

Already some degree of Poi spam with the introduction of Shiratsuyu. And yes Inazuma can be implemented as a pre-nerf Fubuki. Verniy could be introduced as a T6 in her USSR configuration. 

[HEROS]
-Members-
1,462 posts
5,888 battles

I think Hibiki's history is more interesting and it even has a Russian flavor to it to appease our WG overlords!  She was given to the Russians as a war trophy and sailed as Veriny for quite some time before they sank her as a training target.

A Yuudachi premium would need to have a KC Colab in it just to annoy the people who froth at the mouth over anime in this game.

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester
4,156 posts
8,061 battles

Inazuma is specifically an Akatsuki-class though, and since the game has Akatsuki and Fubuki separate, with Akatsuki at tier 7, then Inazuma really wouldn't be a "pre-nerf" Fubuki.

I would personally prefer an Ayanami-class to complete the trio of special-type destroyer classes.

Edited by Seraphil

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,462 posts
24,683 battles

No thanks. We already have 3 tier 5 premiums (Fujin, Kamikaze, and Kamikaze R), a tier 6 we have Shinomome, and tier 2  has Tachibana.

What we could really use is that new IJN Mutsu premium and a premium IJN Carrier.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
3,985 posts
2,106 battles

An Akizuki sister with the option of swapping one of the consumables for Defensive Fire could be interesting. :playing:

Beta Testers
611 posts
2,826 battles

I think Hibiki's history is more interesting and it even has a Russian flavor to it to appease our WG overlords!  She was given to the Russians as a war trophy and sailed as Veriny for quite some time before they sank her as a training target.

A Yuudachi premium would need to have a KC Colab in it just to annoy the people who froth at the mouth over anime in this game.

Inazuma along with one of her sister ships saved several hundred allied sailors after sinking their ship, in addition to having a distinguished combat record.

Members, Beta Testers
1,591 posts
2,659 battles

Inazuma is specifically an Akatsuki-class though, and since the game has Akatsuki and Fubuki separate, with Akatsuki at tier 7, then Inazuma really wouldn't be a "pre-nerf" Fubuki.

I would personally prefer an Ayanami-class to complete the trio of special-type destroyer classes.

Group 2 is probably the sexiest of the Special Types.  I would gladly a welcome one.  

[-KIA-]
Members
5,189 posts
13,696 battles

What about Hibiki, oh wait she got captured by the Soviets so she there would be a massive outcry about Russian bias.

Khorosho

Beta Testers
803 posts
4,912 battles

What about Hibiki, oh wait she got captured by the Soviets so she there would be a massive outcry about Russian bias.

Khorosho

But You See Komrade we can just make 2 DDs, A Japanese Hibiki and a Stronk Soviet Верный

[-KIA-]
Members
5,189 posts
13,696 battles

But You See Komrade we can just make 2 DDs, A Japanese Hibiki and a Stronk Soviet Верный

I want Hibiki with 130mm guns but 610mm torpedoes.

That would be Khorosho :)

[BARF]
Beta Testers
5,816 posts
5,484 battles

Poi!

In all seriousness though, I don't want to see more premium clones until they sort out their nerfing premiums policy. As much as I would love an Ayanami or Yukikaze making ships that are frozen in time isn't good for the game - just look at Kamikaze.

The policy of not nerfing premiums came because WG murdered a premium tank that was sold OP. 

Then people like myself got upset and a little bit vocal, something something public outcry, and then we all hold gold refunds. 

That there is the story behind the premium policy.  Poi. 

Beta Testers
10,943 posts

The way Wargaming sometimes pick ships as premiums is astounding.  

Koenig Albert --- the one German battleship that missed Jutland.

Shinonome --- One of the IJN DDs that sank early in the war, and so only has a mediocre record.

So I am not counting on Wargaming to make good choices when it comes to premiums.  Especially with Mutsu, which erased herself without any help from the Americans, is going to be the next IJN premium apparently.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
2,728 posts

Pre-nerf Fubuki represented both classes though.

For precisely that reason the Honorable Service reward ship should've been Ayanami.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,178 posts
4,376 battles

Before I accept Inazuma as a premie, I'd rather accept Hibiki.

~Hunter

[BWC]
Beta Testers
1,831 posts
7,497 battles

I'd rather see Shigure or Yukikaze before these two.  Inazume has some claim to fame, but what did Yuudachi do that made her distinct from what other IJN DDs accomplished during their careers?

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
-Members-
1,462 posts
5,888 battles

I'd rather see Shigure or Yukikaze before these two.  Inazume has some claim to fame, but what did Yuudachi do that made her distinct from what other IJN DDs accomplished during their careers?

Terror of the Solomons?  Her captain ordered the crew to sew together hammocks to create a sail and keep on fighting.  The US forces thought she was flying a flag of surrender (white flag) and didn't fire on her.  They were royally confused when she began firing on them!  She survived long enough to have her crew evacuated and then the ship was sunk.  She participated in the sinking of two destroyers on a Tokyo Express run and torpedoed USS Portland in the First Battle of Guadalcanal.

Also... she is the origin of the word "Poi" as abused by many in game.  This is lifted directly from the anime "KanColle" in which Yuudachi's character says "poi" (which is about the same as adding -ish to the end of something, its showing uncertainty) because her full combat history from the Solomons wasn't entirely known which is why she says Poi all the time.  She is a main character in the anime and in the browser game the anime is based off of she's one of the more powerful destroyers you can get.

Edited by UrPeaceKeeper

Beta Testers
10,943 posts

They would make decent premium DDs. They both fought at Guadalcanal.

Much of the Shiratsuyu class fought in Java Sea and Guadacanal, and earned notable if not illustrious combat records, not just Shigure and Yudachi.  These also include Murasame, Samidare, Kawakaze and Suzukaze, the latter two were part of Raizo Tanaka's force in the Battle of Tassafaronga.  

Sign in to follow this