Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Peregrinas

Taking a break after Santa's Convoy and an apology

6 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
3,181 posts
17,491 battles

First of all, I want to apologize for my posts today and yesterday. I've been too stressed out since Sunday evening when the final mission for the Graf Spee became unlocked. I want to complete Santa's Convoy within the remaining timeframe and a lot is asked of me. As a non-premium account (I've only spent money for ships, as I do with other games where I prefer to spend money only on things that will last 'forever' and not consumables/premium time that get used up), I'm practically forced to take the long route of grinding 30k xp and 10k base xp for each each mission (which finish almost concurrently for me as I stack all the xp modifiers I can) plus one more pin.

For some perspective, when the container system was released, I started playing enough per day to get 12.5k xp, or two containers a day, before considering myself 'done' for the day. This would take me 3-6 battles depending on what and how I play. Just from today and yesterday, I have already played 28 battles! I am tired and irritable, as reflected in my threads. Before, I could stop whenever I wanted but now I feel like I must keep playing so I don't fall behind.

I am now close to halfway with the first five pins on mission four. This means that since Sunday evening, I've grinded out at least 128k xp (32k+32k+20k+30k+14k plus some more to get the sixth pin)! That averages down to just under 43k xp per day which is significantly more than my slightly-above-12.5k-per-day previously. At least the good news is I have 166k xp (30k*5+16k) to go, or about 24k xp per day (plus a little more to get the sixth pins) if I want to finish on the 17th. I pushed myself a bit too hard to start but I still need to play more than I did normally before.

At least the next game that I play will finish the final stage in the New Year's Resolution mission, granting me 24 hours of premium time to get 50% more xp and an actual chance at achieving 500k credits in a single game regularly. Though I might push myself hard again to maximize this premium time.

tl;dr I've been pushing myself to play too much which has burned me out and made me irritable. I apologize for my posts/rants and for any ones that I might post in the future during the heat of the moment. After I finish this campaign I will certainly drop back down to 12.5k xp per day, if not even just 2k xp per day. I hate the name I've made for myself on these forums and my stress and anxiety certainly aren't helping me to change for the better. I'm truly sorry everyone and I want you to know that I certainly feel horrible an hour or two after I post some form of rant. I'm not really a New Year's resolutionist but I was hoping that I could change; great start, eh?

• Cool 2

[O_O]
Members
7,896 posts
22,097 battles

I can certainly relate. 

The campaigns are great.  But, I have been pushing my T8+ for a while trying to complete that campaign.  Then Graf Spee came along...which was no problem until the Santa's Christmas Convoy Campaign, which is either blatantly "pay to play" or "bust your ashes if you are a blue-collar working man".

I love free rewards, don't get me wrong.  I would just really like some easy, no-deadline, no tier requirement playing time in between to decompress (wow, that sounds so whiny when referring to a video game!!!).  Now there is talk of the next season of Ranked among the players.  Oh, great.

When wins = XP, and I need XP for campaigns, I have been way too guilty of lingering in game after being sunk and offering my 'expert' advise in chat to the remaining players.  I have no doubt they just loved me for that!  In the spirit of the thread, I will also offer my apologies for any teammates I have recently had who survived longer than I, only to suffer my opinions in chat on how they should play the rest of their game.

Edited by desmo_2

Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

Hey, happens to us all. Props to you for reflecting on things and trying to make it better!

And good luck on the grind, I'm working on it as well but have begun resigning myself to the fact I probably won't make my target. Found coming to terms with that really took the stress out. Now I'm just enjoying games in the Spee and farming those New Years camos!

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
5,082 posts
5,575 battles

Don't sweat it, man. The grind is real for many people and a great deal of them don't contribute to the bottom line nearly as much as you do.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

since I don't have derpitz,  I don't need to finish the last mission.   that makes it bit easier.   I should be done with mission 1 or way into 2 tonight.  then I will try 1 mission a day as long as I can stand it. :D  they are just bonus credit/ships for me anyway.

Sign in to follow this