You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ValkyrWarframe

Forts jumped onto the "Fun and Engaging" Bandwagon

19 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,734 posts
26,570 battles

I will argue that that feature should be removed. Getting shot at by AI after entering a PvP battle is annoying enough, this is just rubbing salt on the wound.

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

I will argue that that feature should be removed. Getting shot at by AI after entering a PvP battle is annoying enough, this is just rubbing salt on the wound.

I don't know man, I think people should equip detonation flags starting at Tier IX because they will suffer high repair costs if "fun and engaging" happens.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I don't know man, I think people should equip detonation flags starting at Tier IX because they will suffer high repair costs if "fun and engaging" happens.

Right, because we all have an infinite supply of those flags? 

[-K-]
Supertest Coordinator, Alpha Tester, WoWS Community Contributors, Wiki Editor
6,526 posts
28,454 battles

Yeah if I'm grinding up a line and I have xp flags/camos at stake, I'm running JC.  However, if I don't have premium/etc, then I am probably playing with no flags at all.

Right now, I'm actually at the opposite - I'm running JW flags on most of my premium ships.  Why?  Because I am low on JC flags - just under 100.  Time to rebuild the stockpile!

Edited by Lord_Zath

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

Right, because we all have an infinite supply of those flags? 

I just farm them in destroyers.

How often do you play Tier IX and X and actually have something at stake?

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I just farm them in destroyers.

How often do you play Tier IX and X and actually have something at stake?

You can't farm something that happens once in every 100 or so battles. And you didn't say equip flags on T9-10 ships when you have something at stake, all you said was "I think people should equip detonation flags starting at Tier IX because they will suffer high repair costs if "fun and engaging" happens. "

Beta Testers
1,821 posts
10,838 battles

Repair costs are constant though.  An early det would significantly cut into profits, but a mid/lategame one wouldn't change much

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

Repair costs are constant though.  An early det would significantly cut into profits, but a mid/lategame one wouldn't change much

Eh, usually detonations happen early if you are aggressive and get targeted first.  If you are a battleship, I guess there is no need for detonation flags.

You can't farm something that happens once in every 100 or so battles. And you didn't say equip flags on T9-10 ships when you have something at stake, all you said was "I think people should equip detonation flags starting at Tier IX because they will suffer high repair costs if "fun and engaging" happens. "

OK, I confess I also use flags very liberally, partially because I get a crap ton of them from (super)containers.

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

Eh, usually detonations happen early if you are aggressive and get targeted first.  If you are a battleship, I guess there is no need for detonation flags.

OK, I confess I also use flags very liberally, partially because I get a crap ton of them from (super)containers.

Detonations can happen any time really, especially for DDs, Even if you're not being aggressive, you could potentially detonate from a carrier attack. 

But I also must confess, I did get 250 of those flags from a supercontainer, so I'm not in danger of running out any time soon. It's just that eventually, I will. 

[O_O]
Members
7,898 posts
22,124 battles

Let's not forget, folks, that we repeatedly ASKED WG for a bastion mode.  They delivered one, and now 'we' are complaining.  Granted, I think the implementation of the idea needs a few tweaks, as the current forts are OP and too hard to kill once active. 

Members
11,026 posts
30,665 battles

I doubt WG can do that without completely reworking the damage model.

They could probably get rid of detonations entirely though. 100% in favour of that.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,244 posts
16,381 battles

Let's not forget, folks, that we repeatedly ASKED WG for a bastion mode.  They delivered one, and now 'we' are complaining.  Granted, I think the implementation of the idea needs a few tweaks, as the current forts are OP and too hard to kill once active. 

This is an accurate picture of what happened to Bastion.

vFD2gpZ.png

[HYD]
Members
7,105 posts
5,289 battles

I don't think anyone asked to be detonated by forts though.