Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ju87s

Posting here first!

8 comments in this topic

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
24,160 battles

ok, so here's what I think so far

German DDs:

Tier 2-4= ok, pretty fun for low tier

tier 5= absolutely sucks

tier 6= love the Gaede, use the 150s and set fires

tier 7= meh

tier 8= haven't played yet buy looking forward to getting the 150s back

This could be a really cool line.  But the obvious problems need to be fixed.  The firing bloom is ridiculous.  It makes me not engage with the enemy most of the time.  I could deal with being detected by the entire team, if I could actually maneuver and dodge salvos and torps like any other DD, but these things are huge and sluggish.  What makes things worse, is the smoke is so weak and short-lived, so the only times when I'm able to really firing my guns and try to do some damage is limited to that small window before the smoke disappears.  The torps are great, but they are very situational.  I can't really stealth torp in these things because I have at best a 1km window.  If they tweak these ships, this could be a really great line.

Members
323 posts
5,699 battles

2-4: Fun - good torps, like the frontal arcs. I don't know about competitive but I don't care at those tiers.

5 - I don't find this ship fun or good. It has good torpedoes but it's less maneuverable and stealthy than the IJN ships so I'm not feeling the torpedo boat role for this. And the guns are terrible. The caliber doesn't cut it for their tier. I've been in smoke firing non-stop the entire time, landed several hits and only managed a few hundred damage in the duration of smoke. I actually do better in the V-170 than the T-22.

6-10 - Haven't gotten there but they look much more fun.

Now I'll say the line looks fun but I have my doubts about their utility for competitive play. If I were in a ranked game or some sort of clan battle in the future, I wouldn't consider this destroyer line. That being said, I know a lot of people said the Royal Navy Cruisers were terrible when they first came out. I laugh at that statement now that we know how to play them!

Edited by Wyatt_DERP85

[OTG]
Beta Testers
593 posts
9,740 battles

I wanted to be first! :(

MAASS - not sure why gun detection goes further than the shell

[MDB]
Members
163 posts
16,255 battles

Tier 1- 6 = all sux

size = terrible bad

ocultment = terrible bad

speed = terrible bad

rudder hift time = terrible bad

turn radius circle = terrible bad

torpedo range  = just bad because u cant shot stealth torpedoes

shell detection = terrible bad

Members
1,872 posts

Tier 1- 6 = all sux

size = terrible bad

ocultment = terrible bad

speed = terrible bad

rudder hift time = terrible bad

turn radius circle = terrible bad

torpedo range  = just bad because u cant shot stealth torpedoes

shell detection = terrible bad

You can stealth torp at T8 with the Z23. Detection ranges drop at higher tiers.

Members
169 posts
9,386 battles

You can really stealth torp at tier 7 and up.My z46 has 5.9 detection and 10km torps...not bad i say!

[MPIRE]
[MPIRE]
Members
1,662 posts
24,160 battles

You can really stealth torp at tier 7 and up.My z46 has 5.9 detection and 10km torps...not bad i say!

[edited], unless you have a commader with CE, you have a 1km window to work with between your detection and torp range, with upgraded torps and camo.  Stealth torping is not a viable strategy for the Maass

Members
646 posts
4,069 battles

I'm at tier 3 so far, and having that exaggerated detection bloom from firing the guns really hurts at this tier, especially with how slow your torpedoes are.

I hope that Wargaming does redress this issue soon.

Sign in to follow this